PDA

View Full Version : Base to V8 is it worth it (the effort)

Uplands
04-10-2017, 12:32 PM
Have a V6 it's ok, saw an engine for sale with trans. (v8) anyone been down that road, is there a whole poop load of extra costs involved - ex:- suspension differences, computers, obviously there is air intake, exhaust, engine mounts is a good one - I have to assume the rad. could be different too.. any one fear the topic - I have to evaluate the $$$$ so If you're bored and want to through some info. my way please doooo...:cool2:

Zodiac
04-10-2017, 02:36 PM
There is someone on the other board that did it. Might want to hit him up about it.

Chewy
04-10-2017, 04:45 PM
Hassan did it because he had a ton of money in his car already so he decided to just do the swap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

norton13
04-16-2017, 01:56 PM
Have a V6 it's ok, saw an engine for sale with trans. (v8) anyone been down that road, is there a whole poop load of extra costs involved - ex:- suspension differences, computers, obviously there is air intake, exhaust, engine mounts is a good one - I have to assume the rad. could be different too.. any one fear the topic - I have to evaluate the $$$$ so If you're bored and want to through some info. my way please doooo...:cool2:

At least 2 people have done it, unless you have a lot of money & patience t is probably not worth it. I have both so maybe i am impartial.