PDA

View Full Version : Superchips F5 Flashpaq 2845

Dave GT
12-23-2016, 11:12 AM
Just got my Supperchips F5 Flashpaq 2845 delivered today, i'll be doing the tune this weekend. I'm looking for some advice on settings. My G8 is my DD, but i also want more HP and give it some attitude, and at the same time good for my wife! So here is what i'm thinking:

91 performance VCM cai tune.
Transmission presser at 25%.
AFM set to off.
Magnaflow Axle Back (is there a setting??)
Rev & speed limiter Stock
Shift points Stock
Fan Stock

Any Suggestions?

Markmsf3
12-23-2016, 01:14 PM
There's not a setting for axlebacks. Just go to Superchips site and dl spark, or whatever they call it now, and update the tuner and the buy the cai tune of your choice, they're cheap, and then plug it into obd2 port and follow directions. Mines a dd too and I'm using 50% on torque since I very seldom do wot and I let everything stock except the speed limiter, which I have no idea what top end would be.

Dave GT
12-26-2016, 09:39 AM
Hope everyone had a GREAT Christmas.....

I installed the tune over the weekend, all was good except for one thing.
So i updated superchips, then did my tune, all was good. Then went back and updated superchips again to get the VCM (cai) add on. The only 2 things there was the extended warranty and to buy a vin un-lock, No CAI's at all. Did i miss something?

Markmsf3
12-26-2016, 10:25 AM
Yeah, you missed something. Let me get on my comp and run spark and see if I can walk you though it.

Markmsf3
12-26-2016, 10:40 AM
Ok. I ran spark and it said to plug handheld into comp. then it said it's updating tuner and may take a few minutes. The a screen popped up and it said your device is up to date and had online store and had the remove cai tune and all the tunes that were for sale, vin unlock, etc.. Make sure you have it opened all the way by clicking on the maximize square on top right. If you still can't get there, pm me your phone number and I'll call you and walk you through it.

Dave GT
12-26-2016, 11:11 AM
That sounds like what i did, it showed the vin un-lock and warranty to buy. I did make sure the page was all the way open. I will try it again when i get home, I'm at work right now. Did it show a tune for 91 VCM (cai)??

Markmsf3
12-26-2016, 11:40 AM
That sounds like what i did, it showed the vin un-lock and warranty to buy. I did make sure the page was all the way open. I will try it again when i get home, I'm at work right now. Did it show a tune for 91 VCM (cai)??
I think it did. It had 4 or 5 different cai tunes and I think VCM was one of them.

Dave GT
12-26-2016, 11:51 AM
Ok, that's good. I will give it another try latter tonight. Thanks

MongosG8
12-27-2016, 09:05 AM
Wish I could get updates for the Cortex But Superchips said they no longer support that version.

Nice ..they still sell it but they will not support it.

Dave GT
12-27-2016, 10:29 AM
You would think superchips would support the people that have Cortex, that's not right!

MongosG8
12-27-2016, 11:49 AM
You would think superchips would support the people that have Cortex, that's not right!

Which surprised the shit out of me when I called them. I basically said ..why do you still sell them if you no longer support them w/ updates or any specific tunes?.
Their answer was to purchase the new version that you have.

Dave GT
12-28-2016, 02:03 PM
So i called superchips support and he told me that for the F5 Flashpaq 2845 there are NO CAI or any other add on tunes available at this time. He said to check back around the end of January as they are supposed to add them. I said the superchips web page (where I ordered from) said they where available, he said it does not say that on our web site. Under "Features" it lists; Extra Tunes Available-CAI Performance. ?????

Markmsf3
12-28-2016, 02:41 PM
That sux ass. No cai tunes for Flashpaq and no updates for Cortex. I can't complain though, to me, the latest update is fine for me.

Dave GT
12-28-2016, 02:58 PM
So i guess i wait and see if they really get CAI tunes in a mouth like superchips support said. I do have a issue that he said there web site did not say they did, but it clearly does under Features with the F5.

Dave GT
01-04-2017, 11:27 AM
I just PM'd Scott from Superchips asking him to give me a straight answer on CAI updates. I found his info on another G8 sight. Hoping he can help. :thumbsup: