PDA

View Full Version : trans cooler opinion needed

lsp408
08-22-2008, 01:30 PM
i still try to figure out the better way to mount cooler. as of now, this will do.

please tell me what you all think!!!

hopefully someone in the future will figure out the better way.

Thanks

GRRRR8
08-22-2008, 01:59 PM
You did a good job! Mine will be similiar other then I am choosing a long narrow one. The problem is the cooler I want is $180.00 + the braided hoses and fittings.

lsp408
08-22-2008, 02:36 PM
You did a good job! Mine will be similiar other then I am choosing a long narrow one. The problem is the cooler I want is $180.00 + the braided hoses and fittings.

thanks, i was wanted to do the same thing you want. but due i do lot of travel, i don't have time to figure out what all i need to make it nice. and this is the only cooler will fit good at the local parts store. so this will do for now.

maybe when you get done, you can post some of the parts you use and i can go shopping for parts!!!

g8_795
01-30-2009, 06:06 AM
thanks, i was wanted to do the same thing you want. but due i do lot of travel, i don't have time to figure out what all i need to make it nice. and this is the only cooler will fit good at the local parts store. so this will do for now.

maybe when you get done, you can post some of the parts you use and i can go shopping for parts!!!

I hear you about the travel. I just got back from being stuck in Dallas in a damn ice storm... I thought it was suppose to be nice there.

Is you cooler just sitting there or is it mounted down?

lsp408
01-30-2009, 10:13 AM
travel sucks. I am currently at India. not the big city either. I am at the place no one want to be. oh well.

I used 4 wire tie looking thing to secured to the condensor and radiator (came with the cooler kit). at the bottom of tube on both side I add few wire tie to give more holding power tie to the black plastic piece the cooler sit on (just drill few hole on the plastic)

ronbuick
01-30-2009, 10:25 AM
lsp, which one of those two hoses in the first pic is the return line to the trans, thanks.

Ron

r33pwrd
01-30-2009, 10:25 AM
very clean install! I dont think anyone will come up with much better than that!

lsp408
01-30-2009, 06:46 PM
lsp, which one of those two hoses in the first pic is the return line to the trans, thanks.

Ron

the right one is the return

this is the way mine hook up:

trans to left of line (1st picture) to passanger side of radiator

exit to driver side radiator then to bottom of cooler.

exit top of cooler to right line (1st picture) then return to trans.

This is also my first time to deal with this kind of set up (trans line to both side of radiator at same height)
I had to disconnect the line and start the car (find out the old fashion way with 2 zip lock bag with zip tie)

lsp408
01-30-2009, 06:49 PM
very clean install! I dont think anyone will come up with much better than that!

thanks man.

ronbuick
02-05-2009, 07:17 AM
So the line in the first pic on the right side is the return, correct, what I"m going to do is cut that line and install 3/8 barb fittings and then run the lines in series with my B&M cooler part#70264, the kit did not come with the barb fittings on each end but got them at NAPA, I'm also hoping that by removing the plastic cover from under the car will allow me with enough room to mount the cooler in the front or the rad and or A/C cond, if not any suggestions, thanks.

Ron

lsp408
02-05-2009, 07:48 AM
there maybe other way, but the only way i found to remove that big piece of plastic in the front of car is to remove bumper cover first.

ronbuick
02-05-2009, 08:57 AM
Oh that's encouraging, lol

Ron