PDA

View Full Version : Superchips Cortex installed too

ThugHunter
03-12-2009, 02:57 PM
IT'S ALIVE!!!

Anyone that hesitates about purchasing this product should no longer question its value. For $343.20 I just made my car a HELL of a lot more fun. No longer the laggy swampy style shifts that come from the factory. I tuned my car with the 91 tune and superchips (100%) tranny tune. The weather is 45 degrees, humidity 70% and overcast. Road conditions are dry after receiving a fresh rain last night. The car tires spoke when I hit 2nd, which it didn't do before the Cortex. I also heard a very small chirp in 3rd. I was running in manumatic mode. The only thing I've noticed that I don't really like is the downshift seems to hit hard from 3rd to 2nd. I only drove about 3 miles though, so I'm sure the ECM will have to adjust or I'll make some changes. I will not regret getting the Cortex any longer now that I have seen its results and convenientability (yes I made that word up). When the 93 octane tune comes out, I challenge any other tune to that costs $150 more and don't forget, you'll have no convenientability. Let's say for instance you break down at a parking lot and the dealer has to come pick up your VMS/HPtuner/or local tuned car. How are you gonna set it back to stock? I can pull my Cortex out of my glove compartment, plug it in, set to stock, call the dealer and have them do the work with no suspicions of ever having a tune.

Kudos to Superchips, now release the 93 octane and CAI specific tunes.

PantherGTBlack
03-13-2009, 05:47 AM
Good post, I agree with you on this.

SLVRG8GT
03-13-2009, 06:01 AM
IT'S ALIVE!!!

Anyone that hesitates about purchasing this product should no longer question its value. For $343.20 I just made my car a HELL of a lot more fun. No longer the laggy swampy style shifts that come from the factory. I tuned my car with the 91 tune and superchips (100%) tranny tune. The weather is 45 degrees, humidity 70% and overcast. Road conditions are dry after receiving a fresh rain last night. The car tires spoke when I hit 2nd, which it didn't do before the Cortex. I also heard a very small chirp in 3rd. I was running in manumatic mode. The only thing I've noticed that I don't really like is the downshift seems to hit hard from 3rd to 2nd. I only drove about 3 miles though, so I'm sure the ECM will have to adjust or I'll make some changes. I will not regret getting the Cortex any longer now that I have seen its results and convenientability (yes I made that word up). When the 93 octane tune comes out, I challenge any other tune to that costs $150 more and don't forget, you'll have no convenientability. Let's say for instance you break down at a parking lot and the dealer has to come pick up your VMS/HPtuner/or local tuned car. How are you gonna set it back to stock? I can pull my Cortex out of my glove compartment, plug it in, set to stock, call the dealer and have them do the work with no suspicions of ever having a tune.

Kudos to Superchips, now release the 93 octane and CAI specific tunes.

Nice write up :D I too am looking forward to the 93 tune with great anticipation :D Hopefully they have a tune for my AFE intake as well. Don't see alot of you purchasing it but its great!

SRG963
03-13-2009, 06:15 AM
Nice write up :D I too am looking forward to the 93 tune with great anticipation :D Hopefully they have a tune for my AFE intake as well. Don't see alot of you purchasing it but its great!

Yes, Superchips will have a tune for the AFE. The AFE is very similar to the Roto, both great units.

Slizzo
03-13-2009, 07:47 AM
Yes, Superchips will have a tune for the AFE. The AFE is very similar to the Roto, both great units.

And the Spectre is very close to the New Era. :)

Simply cannot wait, great write up, I agree with everything!

SLVRG8GT
03-13-2009, 09:27 AM

Awesome! Get that testing done today. Your off from work dont be lazy. :D So that tune can be released to us :D