PDA

View Full Version : Steve@Vectormotorsports

Steve@Vectormotorsports
03-12-2009, 06:47 AM
Hello everyone I’m Steve @ Vectormotorsports, and I just wanted to drop a line and say hi.
I’ve been in the tuning community for many years and if you have any questions I’m here to help.
:woohoo:

Mike P
03-12-2009, 07:00 AM
Hello everyone I’m Steve @ Vectormotorsports, and I just wanted to drop a line and say hi.
I’ve been in the tuning community for many years and if you have any questions I’m here to help.
:woohoo:

Hi Steve, welcome to the GRRRR8 Board! I'll be dropping my car off next Friday 3/20 at VMS to get my camshaft put in. I am totally psyched!!! :devil:

MojaveG8
03-12-2009, 07:02 AM
Welcome ! I am really looking forward to the VMS tune once I get the Vararam and you all have the Vararam tune ready.

dfine95
03-12-2009, 07:07 AM
Hi Steve, Everything I've read about Vector has been really good, and am looking forward to doing a tune with u guys. I live in Oregon, any tech's or shops out here u recommend. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Steve@Vectormotorsports
03-12-2009, 07:09 AM
Hi Steve, welcome to the GRRRR8 Board! I'll be dropping my car off next Friday 3/20 at VMS to get my camshaft put in. I am totally psyched!!! :devil:

Hey mike thanks for the welcome and I look foward to meeting you!

Steve@Vectormotorsports
03-12-2009, 07:14 AM
Hi Steve, Everything I've read about Vector has been really good, and am looking forward to doing a tune with u guys. I live in Oregon, any tech's or shops out here u recommend. Any help is greatly appreciated!

I"ve never had any dealings with any shops in Oregon personally, what kind of mods where you looking to do?

GRRRR8
03-12-2009, 07:14 AM
Welcome!

09G8GT
03-12-2009, 07:16 AM
Welcome Steve!

I am planning to get a VMS tune when you guys come to the Chicago area in the Spring. Do you have a specific date yet on when you guys are coming out?

Also, will you be offering a Vararam and Tune package similar to the Rotofab + Tune or NEP CAI + Tune, or will we have to supply our own Vararam for your tune once they are available?

Thanks in advance for your help!

dfine95
03-12-2009, 07:26 AM
Magnaflow catback, and vararam cai are the only mods I will probably be doing. I run premium fuel too...which out here is 92 octane. Appreciate the help Steve.

jeppsG8
03-12-2009, 07:28 AM
Welcome Steve @ Vectormotorsports. We're all looking forward to the Vararam tune and the new cables Kirk told us about this week. Welcome to the GRRRR8est board on the net. The mod's here do a great job.

G8V8
03-12-2009, 07:32 AM
Hi. Welcome to the Grrrr8 board.

Steve@Vectormotorsports
03-12-2009, 07:33 AM
Welcome Steve!

I am planning to get a VMS tune when you guys come to the Chicago area in the Spring. Do you have a specific date yet on when you guys are coming out?

Also, will you be offering a Vararam and Tune package similar to the Rotofab + Tune or NEP CAI + Tune, or will we have to supply our own Vararam for your tune once they are available?

Thanks in advance for your help!

As far as Chicago goes its looking like late April, I will be posting the exact dates shortly.

And YES we will be offering a Vararam and Tune package. We will be happy to supply you with the Vararam as soon as they are available.

Chewy
03-12-2009, 07:37 AM
As far as Chicago goes its looking like late April, I will be posting the exact dates shortly.

And YES we will be offering a Vararam and Tune package. We will be happy to supply you with the Vararam as soon as they are available.

OH SWEET! I am in for that! I need to get my VMS tune tweaked for my Vararam and would like to have it done on a dyno if possible!

Chris

09G8GT
03-12-2009, 07:44 AM

:woohoo: Awesome, that's great news! Now the hard part will be waiting until late april lol...

Hopefully the Vararam packages will be available by then so I can get everything done at once.

Thanks for the info, and I look forward to seeing you in Chicago!

Steve@Vectormotorsports
03-12-2009, 07:44 AM
Magnaflow catback, and vararam cai are the only mods I will probably be doing. I run premium fuel too...which out here is 92 octane. Appreciate the help Steve.

I'd look for a reputable ehaust shop, the Magnalow catback is a straight foward install. As far as the Vararam, a DIY should not have any problems with the install.

dfine95
03-12-2009, 07:57 AM
I'd look for a reputable ehaust shop, the Magnalow catback is a straight foward install. As far as the Vararam, a DIY should not have any problems with the install.

And then just go with the stealth Vector tune after those installs?

Steve@Vectormotorsports
03-12-2009, 07:59 AM
And then just go with the stealth Vector tune after those installs?

Yes sir:)

dfine95
03-12-2009, 08:03 AM
Yes sir:)

is that good for about 30-40 hp at the wheels? Any other quick mods to get a little more that you would recommend? Not looking to spend a whole bunch of money or void any warranty!

fiveoh
03-12-2009, 08:30 AM
Whats the ETA on the vararam tune? :)

Chewy
03-12-2009, 08:52 AM
is that good for about 30-40 hp at the wheels? Any other quick mods to get a little more that you would recommend? Not looking to spend a whole bunch of money or void any warranty!

You could also install an under drive pulley for a bit more power.

It should all be good for all of 30-40bhp. The tune is AMAZING! It wakes the car up. :)

Steve@Vectormotorsports
03-12-2009, 10:16 AM
Whats the ETA on the vararam tune? :)

Approx. 1 week after the release of the vararam intake, the tune will be available.

HD926
03-12-2009, 10:47 AM
Will there be a tune for a Volant cai with a Borla cat back.

Featherburner
03-12-2009, 01:42 PM
Welcome, Steve.

G8GT721
03-12-2009, 05:47 PM
welcome, steve

66goat
03-12-2009, 07:35 PM
Welcome...I have the VMS tune w/OTR CAI car runs great...

jbradsh1
03-12-2009, 07:45 PM

Can't wait to hear your results Mike.

G8GT594
03-12-2009, 08:24 PM

Hmm this should get interesting. I know having a converter is going to make your dyno numbers lower but im curious to know how much of a difference your 1 7/8 headers are going to make vs my 1 3/4.

-Ray-
03-13-2009, 03:09 AM
Welcome to the Forum Steve!

It's GRRRR8 have a Vector rep again!
This is my 2nd Pontiac to be tuned on Vector's dyno.

GeorgeInNePa
03-13-2009, 03:56 AM
Hmm this should get interesting. I know having a converter is going to make your dyno numbers lower but im curious to know how much of a difference your 1 7/8 headers are going to make vs my 1 3/4.

Completely different dynos. It won't be a valid comparison.

Devilish34
03-13-2009, 04:27 AM
Welcome Steve

G8GT594
03-13-2009, 04:58 AM
Completely different dynos. It won't be a valid comparison.

I realize that... but i know what the numbers would be on there mustang dyno... So it would be a valid comparison.

Mike P
03-13-2009, 05:32 AM
Paul: I have the 1 3/4" Kook Long Tube Headers (like you), I don't have the 1 7/8".

I'm hoping is wouldn't have made that much of a difference. Oh well, they are way better than the crappy stock manifolds! :)

Steve@Vectormotorsports
03-13-2009, 06:35 AM
Will there be a tune for a Volant cai with a Borla cat back.

There will be as soon as we have a car with a Volant intake come throught the doors, my guess with summer right around the corner it really shouldn't be much longer.

G8GT594
03-13-2009, 06:38 AM
Paul: I have the 1 3/4" Kook Long Tube Headers (like you), I don't have the 1 7/8".

I'm hoping is wouldn't have made that much of a difference. Oh well, they are way better than the crappy stock manifolds! :)

My bad Mike! I was browsing on my Ipod touch and didn't see your sig lol.

wyldman
03-13-2009, 06:39 AM

Welcome to the board Steve. How about helping a numbers junky out and posting the dyno sheet of this?:headbang:

Steve@Vectormotorsports
03-13-2009, 06:43 AM
[/B]

Welcome to the board Steve. How about helping a numbers junky out and posting the dyno sheet of this?:headbang:

As soon as those numbers are ready, we will surely be posting the dyno sheet!

Darkside
03-13-2009, 07:36 AM
I realize that... but i know what the numbers would be on there mustang dyno... So it would be a valid comparison.

You'll just have to wait a couple extra weeks then, mine goes to Vector the first week in April. Stage II, vararam, and Yank 3200. I already have Stainless Works 1 7/8 Lt's.:woohoo:

SLVRG8GT
03-16-2009, 02:22 PM
Hi Steve. Welcome to the GRRRR8'est G8 board. :D

vert
03-16-2009, 05:57 PM
Steve,
I know the vararam tune will be out soon, but is it possible to go ahead and purchase the tune so I can get on the list for the cables? Also, if one was to purchase a tune what is the approximate ETA for the cables. I am trying the sync header install with the tune around the same time.
Thanks
I am not asking for much, just a lot:nah:

Steve@Vectormotorsports
03-17-2009, 06:04 AM
Steve,
I know the vararam tune will be out soon, but is it possible to go ahead and purchase the tune so I can get on the list for the cables? Also, if one was to purchase a tune what is the approximate ETA for the cables. I am trying the sync header install with the tune around the same time.
Thanks
I am not asking for much, just a lot:nah:

Yes! You can go on our website, place your order and when then tune becomes available you will already have your cable. As soon as Vararam releases there CAI we will have the tunes ready shortly after.

MojaveG8
03-17-2009, 06:07 AM
You can pre-order the tune and cables on their website now. Then wait for the update once it is available. If you are not a previous tune customer then you need to order tune plus cables in the same order.