PDA

View Full Version : Vac Leak?

GXPaycheck
03-11-2009, 04:51 PM
Greetings, Charlie! Just finished the install of my FasterProms intake. Now I can hear a high pitched noise when the engine is under a load around 2000-2500 rpm. Not quite a whistle, almost a buzz. It goes away as soon as the throttle is relaxed. Very noticeable during shifting, starts right before the shift and goes away right after. I can hear it now and then when I rev the engine in neutral, but there is nothing at idle. I tried some starting spray around the lines and the intake at idle but got nothing. I double checked all the connections as well and can see nothing obvious.
Ideas?

GRRRR8
03-11-2009, 05:28 PM
Havent seen this or had it with all the intakes I have installed.

-Ray-
03-12-2009, 01:28 AM
Maybe one of the plastics lines has a crack.

GXPaycheck
03-13-2009, 03:13 AM
I assume the hard plastic lines are all vacuum. I was thinking that I could rig a hose to temporarily replace each one to try to isolate the leak. One of them has a dent in it but I cant find any obvious leak.

GXPaycheck
05-25-2009, 12:56 PM
UPDATE.
Did a little more troubleshooting today. Noise is definitely comming from intake or throttle body when under load. Took the filter off the RotoFab and the sound is loudest when listening through the tube. Can't hear it when listening externally with the stethoscope. It's a high pitched whistle that sounds almost like metal on metal and only happens when throttle is reved hard or driving and the trans is about to shift.
Any chance I messed up a seal or something?