PDA

View Full Version : G8GT vs. Audi RS4 vs. Audi S4

00 Trans Ram
08-22-2008, 09:50 AM
Well, tomorrow will be fun. We've got a "stripper" party where a dozen guys are getting together to strip down a Miata in preparation of putting the drivetrain into a Locost (custom frame racecar). Two of my good friends are coming - one has a new RS4 and the other has an S4 that's mildly modified (exhaust, suspension, brakes).

We're all going to head to a closed section of highway near us to see whose is fastest. Then, once we've determined that, we're heading back and I'm going to install my CAI and pulley. Then we go race again.

Any bets as to what the results will be? Here's what I'm expecting:

RACE 1 - Beat the S4, lose to the RS4.
RACE 2 - Beat the S4, tie with RS4.

09PBMGT
08-22-2008, 10:52 AM
Well, tomorrow will be fun. We've got a "stripper" party where a dozen guys are getting together to strip down a Miata in preparation of putting the drivetrain into a Locost (custom frame racecar). Two of my good friends are coming - one has a new RS4 and the other has an S4 that's mildly modified (exhaust, suspension, brakes).

We're all going to head to a closed section of highway near us to see whose is fastest. Then, once we've determined that, we're heading back and I'm going to install my CAI and pulley. Then we go race again.

Any bets as to what the results will be? Here's what I'm expecting:

RACE 1 - Beat the S4, lose to the RS4.
RACE 2 - Beat the S4, tie with RS4.

You got the S4, but no way in hell, you're gonna "tie" the RS-4. Lighter (not by much), faster (12.8 quater mile), more power (420 hp stock). See below and reevaluate your thinking. I don't mean to burst your bubble, but you have to be realistic here.

"Try this with your friend's RS4. At full stop, engage 1st gear, keep the clutch depressed and push the accelerator pedal until the tachometer registers 5,500 rpm. Then remove your foot from the clutch. All four wheels spin for a moment and then the RS4 digs its claws into the pavement and catapults forward to 60 mph in 4.3 seconds and on through the quarter-mile in 12.8 seconds at 108.5 mph. The all-wheel-drive Lamborghini Gallardo posts better numbers, but not by much."

Good luck dude!

00 Trans Ram
08-22-2008, 11:06 AM
Sorry - I forgot my "ace in the hole" with the RS4. His clutch is t-r-a-s-h-e-d. He has to be very careful with it. Last time I drove it, I just about fried it.

But, I may still be a little optimistic.

GRRRR8
08-23-2008, 08:47 AM
I have been waiting to see 1 so I can see what they have have.

p71
08-24-2008, 11:12 AM
I have been waiting to see 1 so I can see what they have have.

they are quick as fuck.... a ton on the top.

Real easy to drive too...

GRRRR8
08-24-2008, 04:00 PM
I think here shortly I will have just about all sedans covered.

GeorgeInNePa
08-24-2008, 04:41 PM
You got the S4, but no way in hell, you're gonna "tie" the RS-4. Lighter (not by much), faster (12.8 quater mile), more power (420 hp stock). See below and reevaluate your thinking. I don't mean to burst your bubble, but you have to be realistic here.

"Try this with your friend's RS4. At full stop, engage 1st gear, keep the clutch depressed and push the accelerator pedal until the tachometer registers 5,500 rpm. Then remove your foot from the clutch. All four wheels spin for a moment and then the RS4 digs its claws into the pavement and catapults forward to 60 mph in 4.3 seconds and on through the quarter-mile in 12.8 seconds at 108.5 mph. The all-wheel-drive Lamborghini Gallardo posts better numbers, but not by much."

Good luck dude!

What will they do when driven normally? I'll wager not many RS4 owners will side-step the clutch at over 5 grand for stop light drags. ;)

GRRRR8
08-24-2008, 04:43 PM
Audi has never been known for high quality factory clutches that can take abuse. That wont be a cheap labor fee!

p71
08-24-2008, 07:05 PM
Audi has never been known for high quality factory clutches that can take abuse. That wont be a cheap labor fee!

Al the more reason to buy an M3

00 Trans Ram
08-25-2008, 07:12 AM
Well, I never got the pulley installed, so I never got the "before and after" test.

But, I got the S4 pretty good. And, I was close with the RS4. However, given a good clutch, it would not have been close. He lost about 1 car length on every shift.