PDA

View Full Version : Jon's Tinted Tails

Chewy
03-11-2009, 10:11 AM
OK folks, This isn't a supporting vendor and we don't have a vendor that offers this service so I thought I would make you aware of them and show you their work. www.jonstintedtails.com (http://www.jonstintedtails.com)

The cost for me to tint my G8 tails was 135 bucks. That included going a shade lighter on the backup bulb area.

What I did was box them up, send them to Jon, he tints them and clears them and then boxes them up and sends them back. I did this all over a 2 week vacation. I ran into ONE problem. The right side tail light broke in shipping on the way to Jon. Just the corner like a lot here have seen happen. I was pretty upset over it as I spent a lot of time packaging them up well so it wouldn't happen.

I got with Greg at Pace and in a jiffy he got a new one checked it out to make sure IT wasn't broken and then sent it out to Jon's for tinting.

I give BIG props to Greg and his team for helping me out of a bind. His price was VERY reasonable and his service was great.

Here's the finished product. Not too dark but not too light. Jon will make them as dark or light as you like. I wanted to stay somewhat legal... Overall... I am VERY happy that I did it. The clear tails on a black car just scream "look at me!"

Excuse the dirt. It's cold and it's rained since Saturday night! Flooding and all... The last pic gives you a better idea of how it looked before. Not that most of you don't know...

Chris

majesticix
03-11-2009, 10:14 AM
nice work, I'd love to see what it would look like on IOM if anyone has tinted their tails, please post!

GRRRR8
03-11-2009, 10:15 AM
That looks really good! Very fair on the pricing as well.

Chewy
03-11-2009, 10:17 AM
That looks really good! Very fair on the pricing as well.

Thanks! I thought it was pretty fair too. Better than me messing it up IMO.

He'll tint them any color he can get in candy! I've seen red! lol

Greg@PacePerformance
03-11-2009, 10:33 AM
We were happy to help you out.
The tint looks great.

MANOFSTEEL69
03-11-2009, 10:42 AM
nice work, I'd love to see what it would look like on IOM if anyone has tinted their tails, please post!

Look for pics w/in the next few seconds under Tiggers Spring Changes

Top Speed
03-11-2009, 10:43 AM
Looks nice. I was thinking of doing the same. Thanks for the link.

confused2much
03-11-2009, 11:00 AM
I think it looks great man. Great pricing too. I was considering this after I tint my windows as I think a lighter tint on the tail lights would look good on the MGMs.

majesticix
03-11-2009, 11:38 AM
Look for pics w/in the next few seconds under Tiggers Spring Changes

That is badass man. Nice work.

WhyteSS
03-11-2009, 04:57 PM
that is a very light tint. looks good.

blackbirdws6
03-11-2009, 05:01 PM
I like the amount of tint you went with. Just enough but not too much.

I would be interested in seeing how this looks on a IOM too!

SLVRG8GT
03-11-2009, 07:23 PM

Agreed :D

Chewy
03-12-2009, 05:09 AM

I like the amount of tint you went with. Just enough but not too much.

I would be interested in seeing how this looks on a IOM too!

Agreed :D

Thanks!

Being that my windows are tinted (illegal) and my front plate is off (illegal) and now the tails are smoked (illegal) I thought I would go a shade lighter than I wanted. He will make them black but for a DD it just doesn't make sense to draw MORE attention to me. :wacko:

It takes the attention away from the tails which IMO is perfect. I don't want to DRAW attention to any one point on the car. I just want them to all meld together into a lump of beauty... :) lol

-Ray-
03-12-2009, 01:13 PM
Very nice Chris. I had the tails tinted on my last car.

bigtreepu
03-12-2009, 01:37 PM
How do you guys feel that would look on a MGM. Looks like Jon did an excellent job. Pretty interested.
~Matt

jonstintedtails
03-12-2009, 05:39 PM
Thanks again Chris. I also wanted to send a thanks out to Greg from Pace. He really did come through and shipped a brand new light to my shop so we could get Chris's order done right away.

I don't normally post on the forums (not trying to violate any forum rules) but just wanted to say thanks.

Jon DeSalvatore
www.jonstintedtails.com

GRRRR8
03-12-2009, 05:53 PM
Not an issue Jon. Glad you came by. Stay awhile and look around.

Chewy
03-13-2009, 04:48 AM
Thanks again Chris. I also wanted to send a thanks out to Greg from Pace. He really did come through and shipped a brand new light to my shop so we could get Chris's order done right away.

I don't normally post on the forums (not trying to violate any forum rules) but just wanted to say thanks.

Jon DeSalvatore
www.jonstintedtails.com (http://www.jonstintedtails.com)

Wow Jon! I didn't even tell you I was here... Good find! :)

Thanks again!

GRRRR8
03-13-2009, 04:53 AM
I assume he could do headlights as well.

jonstintedtails
03-13-2009, 05:23 AM
Yep. Headlights, fogs, marker lights.

:)

Darkside
03-13-2009, 07:39 AM
Hey John, any chance of getting some Gt cores? I've been wanting to have you do mine, just trying to find a week I can go without driving the car.

jonstintedtails
03-13-2009, 10:37 AM
I am trying to see if I can locate a set of tails but since the car is still so new, they are tough to come by. If I find anything I can let you know and put them up on my site in the inventory section.

Thanks,

Darkside
03-13-2009, 01:07 PM
If I find anything I can let you know and put them up on my site in the inventory section.

Thanks,

Thanks, I would appreciate it. As soon as the roads are free of salt I'll be able to take the other cars out and send the lights out.

Believe it or not I'm going to send you some Pacifica lights as well.

jonstintedtails
03-14-2009, 05:57 AM
I have done plenty of Pacifica's in the past. So I believe it :)

Xyro TR1
03-14-2009, 03:32 PM
I haven't bought my G8 GT yet (still waiting on a good deal to come along, no hurry), but I did want to share that I've had Jon's tails on my VW Passat for well over a year, and to this day, they're still absolutely perfect.

After the last detail:
http://pictures.xyrotr1.com/passalot/100508/pw_posts/DSCF2668.jpg (http://pictures.xyrotr1.com/passalot/100508/DSCF2668.JPG)

Not a bad first post... :)

conipc
01-13-2010, 02:07 PM
Side repeater lights tinted
Good service, and excellent finish--completely even, glossy and consistent.
Would use for any light tinting!!

vert
01-13-2010, 04:05 PM
So no exchange program with the rear brake lenses?

Rawyzf
01-13-2010, 06:51 PM
You can probably pick up a set on ebay for around 100 that are not tinted and use those to avoid downtime :).

I've had jons tinted tails/repeator markers on for a month or 2 now...I love them.

BlueJacket
01-13-2010, 07:24 PM
So no exchange program with the rear brake lenses?

Todd also does tinted talls for a little less and he has a core program.

www.flipscustomtails.com or you can pm him his id is flip on here.

I have them and the look great.

SRG8
01-14-2010, 07:16 AM
Jon, Wondering if you had any sample pictures of the Red Tint?

Rawyzf
01-14-2010, 07:16 AM
There are pics on his site jonstintedtails.com.

SRG8
01-14-2010, 07:28 AM
There are pics on his site jonstintedtails.com.

thanks for the heads up!

Kermit
01-15-2010, 05:13 PM
I'm willing to send my extra set to whoever needs them while theirs is getting painted. :cheers: I'm willing to put my neck out for the good of the G8 community and say that anyone that needs a temporary set of tail lights so they won’t be out of commission can PM me and we can work something out. I have an extra set that I need to keep so that when I do my yearly state inspection, I can pass it. I see a couple of people needing a set and I have a set just sitting in my attic. All I would really ask is that you pay the shipping both ways and keep them in good condition so I can use them when needed. :popo:

Rawyzf
01-15-2010, 07:56 PM
I'm willing to send my extra set to whoever needs them while theirs is getting painted. :cheers: I'm willing to put my neck out for the good of the G8 community and say that anyone that needs a temporary set of tail lights so they won’t be out of commission can PM me and we can work something out. I have an extra set that I need to keep so that when I do my yearly state inspection, I can pass it. I see a couple of people needing a set and I have a set just sitting in my attic. All I would really ask is that you pay the shipping both ways and keep them in good condition so I can use them when needed. :popo:

GTG guy here....and that is very nice of you!