PDA

View Full Version : GXP Exhaust

MoonPie
03-09-2009, 07:36 AM
From the little reading I've been able to do, I've gathered that our exhausts may be rather complex. On my Charger I was able to go to a local shop and fab up a flowmaster setup. Would this work on the GXP without any problems? I was thinking of purchasing the mufflers, headers, high flow mids/cats separateley and then having them put on with existing tailpipes. Is this a bad idea? Would purchasing a complete system (EXPENSIVE!) be the best route? The only hiccup i forsee would be where the welding would be done, it may or may not look less than admirable. Thanks for the input.

99-LS1-SS
03-09-2009, 08:11 AM
I think if you get rid of the mid muffler and put an x-pipe in place of it you will notice a good bit more sound.

I when with the ARH long tube headers and high flow cats with the x-pipe. I plan on keeping my stock mufflers. I hope to get the headers installed in the next week or two.

MoonPie
03-09-2009, 09:11 AM
Let me know what you think about your setup. If you like it and notice decent performance gain let me know. I may borrow your idea and go a similar route.