PDA

View Full Version : somewhat of a kill with my V6

Chief
03-09-2009, 06:00 AM
Ok don't know if you guys will really call this a kill but here's how it went.

Was lined up in traffic at a light. Just past the light, a third lane opens up on the right side. As I get there, I nail it and pull into the lane to pass the other cars. I'm already in sport mode.

As I pull up on a late model Camaro, he starts to pull into my lane so I have to get out of it and on the breaks. He sees me and pulls back into his lane, then he nails it. I nailed it too an dit took a second to down shift, but I easliy passed him and started to pull away from him. I was almost a car lenght ahead when he decided that he couldn't pass me and had to slow for the truck in front of him. I finally let up at about 80 after he was in my rear view way behind.

Maybe not a kill, but it made me feel good. Most will put down the V6, but she pulls pretty good.

Funny part will be when he runs up against a GT and gets waxed. Mine looks like a GT as I've changed the tail lights and have a similar exhaust tips, but rolled. And it's been debadged. ;)

Cobra
03-09-2009, 06:21 AM
I'd definitely would like to see more posts by the v6 guys out there and what they are doing.

GRRRR8
03-09-2009, 06:24 AM
The V6s are nothing to sneeze at. Most 6s with a good driver will surprise about anything on the road.

Chief
03-09-2009, 09:38 AM
I too would like to see more of the V6 base do something. I've got a few ideas running around in my head, one being a true Ram Air system, just got to get the time to go from idea to product. Too many other projects on the list right now though.

confused2much
03-09-2009, 09:47 AM
If only he knew you spanked him with a V6. Well done sir.

The Commodore
03-09-2009, 11:04 AM
Has anybody ran a 6 at the track?

Chewy
03-09-2009, 11:27 AM
Agreed! More V6 info! Hell it's all I see here in my town!

GRRRR8
03-09-2009, 11:35 AM
Has anybody ran a 6 at the track?

One of us need to take a 6 under our wings and get him to the track. I would think they should run in the high 14s stock and with a little work and a tune maybe a hi 13 with a good driver.

BigRob
03-09-2009, 02:06 PM
wow, thats pretty quick! what do we run stock? 13.7s or so right? right on dude!

-Ray-
03-09-2009, 03:26 PM
Well done, thanks for posting.

The Commodore
03-09-2009, 03:29 PM
I have been in a V6 G8 where the salesman was driving to another lot to see the GTs. It was surprisingly quicker than I thought it would be. But I would say a 15 flat can be achieved with one. What are the mods like for them?

Chief
03-10-2009, 05:50 AM
Thanks everyone for the cudos.

I haven't gotten it on the track yet but would like to, as long as the Mrs. dosen't complain too much. This IS supposed to be the family car. ;)

I did do a few runs on the back roads with a G-tech meter after getting the exhaust. Best run was a 14.8 @ 102 MPH. I was in sport mode and just let off the brake and hit the gas. I'm thinking with TC off and rev it to about 2K holding the brake, I should be able to do a lot better. 0-60 times averaged at 6.5 sec.

I was all set up to try it when Jonny Law showd up and ruined my testing. :( No ticket though as I was just sitting when he showed up. So I slowley drove away so as to not gain his attention. :)