PDA

View Full Version : Rear Bumper Paint Match?

09GT
08-21-2008, 06:39 PM
I noticed today when washing my Sport Red that my Rear bumper appears at certain angles of light to not match the body. I know that this is a different material than the body itself but I'm thinking now that I have seen it on 2 different occasions at different levels of light. I wanted to know what you guys thought about this and if I should bring it up with my dealership. Also got a new camera today so I will post some pics tomorrow when the thing is all charged and I can get some good light on it. Tint also yesterday 20% looks sick on these things.

dhall0014
08-22-2008, 06:06 AM
I know on the other forms this has been brought up and the common answer i gathered is that it is sometimes common to have a slight difference as to like you said the different materials. Since you have only noticed it twice and only in certain light its i would say it is normal and nothing will be done. The reality though is it is your car and if it is bad enough to bother you then ask the dealership what can be done. Just take it up there on a day where the light is right so they too can see the different shades. I don know this was commented heavily on some other forums and several were not happy with their paint.

-Ray-
08-22-2008, 08:17 AM
Metallic paint is very difficult to match up. If you look at any of the panels the paint changes color slightly depending on how the light hits it.
If you are trying to see if there is any color variation, make sure you and the light have the same angle to the paint. Then still, you might go crazy trying to figure it out.

EcoBrick Bob
08-22-2008, 09:52 AM
White factory touch-up paint is NOT a perfect match. Add a little bug juice over time and you'll never notice though.....

RRM

BFisch06
08-22-2008, 10:28 AM
GM doesn't paint fascias when they paint the car itself. The fascias are out-sourced and painted elsewhere and then brought to the assembly plants for assembly. This results in close, but not perfect matches to the vehicle's paint.