PDA

View Full Version : Stock G8 GT vs. 05 sti!

BigRob
03-08-2009, 05:17 PM
Well, ive been mentioning this guy from some of my recent posts. I work with him, and he drives a stock 05 sti. He is the type of guy who always shouts "you dont want none!" every time I see him at work. I know all of us have one or two people at work who love to call us out. I have been wanting to race this guy for a while now, but my car was still relatively new and I didnt want to stress her out too much till it was time. Anyhow, on to the races...

I get out of work, and I accelerate onto the street and drive by him, and he flags me down outside his car, jumps in and chases me down. "you think that thing is fast, huh?" he laughs and rolls up his window as we are there in the middle of the street. honk one, honk two (im like fuck it he wants to go, lets go) three... i mash it, get a little tire squeal, and hook and mash out. I took off so fast, it didnt look like he was moving. I let off at 70 and let him catch up. He rolls up on me and says he didnt get a good launch and he wanted to go again. I mentioned that its funny that he has had that car from new and still cant drive it, lol.

Round two... not from a dig, from about a ten mph roll. He honks one two... then he jets right after 2. I'm like wtf, floor it and im right at his back fender till about 55, then I just really start to pull hard. He gets off it once I pass him. We round the corner and there is a good long straight away goin uphill, pretty steep too. I pull up to him, tell him he launched early and hes like "alright a bit". We line up again, about a 10mph roll. We launch at about the exact same time. I immediately get a car on him and held it till 70ish, then i start to walk. I fuckin love this car. We get to the next light, which is in a more public area on top of the hill. He rolls up, tells me I suck, rolls up his window, and starts revving at the light. Im like, I ran you three times, won all three, and got away with it, Im good. light turns green, and he takes off, but it looked like his car was kinda jumpy. next thing you know... i smell CLUTCH!!! lol i was laughing so fuckin hard. I finally shut the guy up and I cant wait to see him at work and tell him "you dont want none!"

So we go to a friend's house afterwards, and his car was REEKING like clutch. I mean bad. He was stressin, and talking shit about the fact that i didnt bite on the last one, and he messed his clutch up for nothing. i told him, "hey, if i would of raced, you would have messed it up anyway, and still lost!" lol. I know that sti's are nasty, but clearly this was a drivers issue. Once again, i love this car!!! Hope you all enjoyed one of my sweetest kills ever!!

R.Penguin
03-08-2009, 05:33 PM
Good win. Too bad he is a confirmed lifetime member of "Idiots International". :)

The Commodore
03-08-2009, 05:42 PM
Great Kill!

Obviously this idiot doesn't know much about cars because if anything a stock 05 STi can barely edge out a G8 GT. He obviously does not know a lot about anything with a V8 or is just a shit driver.

BigRob
03-08-2009, 06:09 PM
Thanks! and "both" lol

Mike P
03-08-2009, 06:20 PM
Awesome kill! That guys definitely needed to be put in his place. You should definitely get at least a tune & some sort of CAI, you kick his ass all day then. :)

Nice work!

BigRob
03-08-2009, 06:25 PM
Thanks! that ride home afterwards was sweet!! you know you love your car when you start to talk to it!!! lol!!

Slizzo
03-08-2009, 06:34 PM
Thanks! that ride home afterwards was sweet!! you know you love your car when you start to talk to it!!! lol!!

Good kill!

And wait, was this with all that extra weight that your sub and amp added to your trunk? If so, you would edge him out even more without all that in the trunk.

And as the others said, this guy was asking for it.

:woohoo:

BigRob
03-08-2009, 06:37 PM
yeah, and im 230 lbs, and i had a friend with me i was taking home!!!

'02 ws6
03-08-2009, 07:10 PM
Good kill!

Love it when the crappy driver's talk smack, only to get beat down! We've got a couple around where I live, fast cars....slow drivers. :)

GM_Fan
03-08-2009, 07:15 PM
Good kill ! great write up.

MANOFSTEEL69
03-09-2009, 03:48 AM
Nice BigRob! That'll keep him quiet at work for awhile! ;)

-Ray-
03-09-2009, 04:23 AM
Good kill, GRRRR8 story.
I wonder how crow is going to taste today, cause that guy is going to be eating a lot of it. LOL

BigRob
03-09-2009, 02:01 PM
Lol! I cant wait to go to work! And i tell ya, the guy is a real tool. Everything i typed was verbatim lol. Hes a supervisor at that!