PDA

View Full Version : Corsa Looky

mojovious
03-08-2009, 01:35 PM
Got my new Corsa Friday, installed Saturday, enjoying today! Very nice system indeed - you can tell a great deal of engineering went into this thing. Workmanship is second to none, every part was machined and cut perfectly with zero issues during the installation. Very sweet sound, no drone. It's my first mod on my new G8 (except for debadge and snow tire/wheel setup). Next, I'm debating on either the Rota Fab or New Era, I'm somewhat concerned about debris being sucked in because I have a salty, sandy, dirty 40 mile high speed run to work every day. Oh, and did my first oil change at 2300 miles when I did the exhaust - wow did it need it too, I was shocked how nasty that 2,000 mile oil was! Of course I went with Mobile 1 5w30 Extended Life with OEM filter. Later I considering Pedders Track II, will probably start with the xmember bushings soon. Anyway, so far I love the Corsa!

GRRRR8
03-08-2009, 01:42 PM
Very nice! Give us a video clip so we can hear it!

GM_Fan
03-08-2009, 02:14 PM
Very nice! Give us a video clip so we can hear it!

+1

mojovious
03-08-2009, 04:12 PM
Thanks, sorry about the crappy pics, only had my cell phone. The sound is similar to the youtube video (search magnaflow vs corsa), this system by corsa is slightly less agressive - same tone just not as metalic in the resonance. Corsa calls it in between track and street version, it's their part number 14950. I will get a much better feel for it on my commute to work starting tomorrow, but expect it to be sublime!

BigRob
03-08-2009, 04:57 PM
catback? price?

EcoBrick Bob
03-08-2009, 05:52 PM
catback? price?\

If ya gotta ask.... ya probably can't afford....

I have a Magnaflow Street System that I paid under $750. for... Corsa is over twice that price... Nice... but no cigar.... in my frame of mind. Would rather save for a Maggie!

How much I have spent on 2 toys... I don't want to even contemplate...

G8GT721
03-08-2009, 05:56 PM
video clip?

mojovious
03-08-2009, 05:57 PM
yes corsa only makes the full catback because they could not obtain the desired characteristics with axle back only. It's quite a subjective thing for sure, especially at a price +/-$1400 - but when you spend quality time in your machine, you should consider exactly the right mods to make the time enjoyable and this is a great first start for me. Little pricey no doubt but if I keep the car for a few years and possibly tens of thousands of miles then it definately blends the costs down over time. It's a very refined exhaust note, one that makes a subtle statement but means business...very cool!!!!

BigRob
03-08-2009, 06:19 PM
\

I have a Magnaflow Street System that I paid under $750. for... Corsa is over twice that price... Nice... but no cigar.... in my frame of mind. Would rather save for a Maggie!

lol with all due respect, i am paid in full for my 8, i most definitely can afford. I was wondering if he went with the mufflers or the entire system, and what kind of deal he got for them because i am looking into a similar system. again, all due respect, from one rob to another:drunk2:

BigRob
03-08-2009, 06:21 PM
yes corsa only makes the full catback because they could not obtain the desired characteristics with axle back only. It's quite a subjective thing for sure, especially at a price +/-$1400 - but when you spend quality time in your machine, you should consider exactly the right mods to make the time enjoyable and this is a great first start for me. Little pricey no doubt but if I keep the car for a few years and possibly tens of thousands of miles then it definately blends the costs down over time. It's a very refined exhaust note, one that makes a subtle statement but means business...very cool!!!!

thank you i was thinking the same thing. i am sure in due time the price will fall, but i am hungry for the note! did you purchase from a site sponsor?

SLVRG8GT
03-08-2009, 06:38 PM
Congrats :D I think your the first here with the Corsa cat back. I was ordering one thru Livernois but had some unexpected expences come up and will need to hold off a bit. I'm a cash and carry kinda guy. Except for the mortgage ofcourse :D

Andy@Livernois
03-09-2009, 07:16 AM
\

a good bit less then double depending on where you get it from :secret: ;)

J&J Muffler
03-09-2009, 07:26 AM
Nice set of tips too.

mojovious
03-09-2009, 03:33 PM
Andy at Livernois is the man! Andy, thanks again sir - I'm loving the Corsa. If you want a Corsa, Andy is the guy to talk with. I'll try to get a clip up in the next day or so.

davefr
03-21-2009, 07:17 AM
Andy at Livernois is the man! Andy, thanks again sir - I'm loving the Corsa. If you want a Corsa, Andy is the guy to talk with. I'll try to get a clip up in the next day or so.

Mojo,
Any more feedback on your Corsa system now that you've had it for a couple weeks? Is it really "no drone"?

Is it on the loud or subtle side. I'm looking for a system that makes the G8 sound like it should have, (ie like a GXP), not not obnoxiously loud.

GXPaycheck
03-21-2009, 09:55 AM
How does the AFM sound?
Nevermind. It's AFM-less. :imbarassed:

Livernois Motorsports
03-21-2009, 10:39 AM
Here is a video of our 2009 GXP with the Corsa system.

I agree, the system sounds great, looks and fits excellent, but I wouln't expect any less from them.

uLBDip4vLLs&fmt=18

-Rick

davefr
03-21-2009, 11:10 AM
Here is a video of our 2009 GXP with the Corsa system.

I agree, the system sounds great, looks and fits excellent, but I wouln't expect any less from them.

uLBDip4vLLs&fmt=18

-Rick

Rick, it sound great on a GXP. Any videos of this system on a GT??

Livernois Motorsports
03-21-2009, 11:36 AM
Not yet, but hopefully soon. I'm sure once we get one in here for the system, I can get a customer to allow me to video the start -up and revving.

-Rick

steined
03-21-2009, 01:34 PM
Not yet, but hopefully soon. I'm sure once we get one in here for the system, I can get a customer to allow me to video the start -up and revving.

-Rick

You can use mine next week ;)

SINCITYC6
03-21-2009, 01:53 PM
Sounds Great!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup: Did you see any HP increase??

VegasNate
03-21-2009, 04:00 PM
It looks cold there!

piecesparts
03-21-2009, 06:23 PM
From which supplier, did you purchase your Corsa exhaust kit?

Livernois Motorsports
03-23-2009, 07:23 AM
Sounds Great!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup: Did you see any HP increase??

This is the graph before and after the Corsa system.

http://i540.photobucket.com/albums/gg324/LivernoisMotorsports/gxpsktexh-1.jpg

-Rick

The Commodore
03-23-2009, 08:18 AM
Can you get those tips seperately? Those are the best looking aftermarket tips I have seen. I really like the stock tips but if I do a axleback, I want to be able to revert back to stock.

Livernois Motorsports
03-23-2009, 08:37 AM
Can you get those tips seperately? Those are the best looking aftermarket tips I have seen. I really like the stock tips but if I do a catback, I want to be able to revert back to stock.

Corsa has always had nice looking tips on their systems, but do not sell them separately.

-Rick

The Commodore
03-23-2009, 10:27 AM
Corsa has always had nice looking tips on their systems, but do not sell them separately.

-Rick

That sucks. I really liked the look of them.

G8GT721
03-23-2009, 04:16 PM
This is the graph before and after the Corsa system.

http://i540.photobucket.com/albums/gg324/LivernoisMotorsports/gxpsktexh-1.jpg

-Rick
these must be the results for the GXP
Stock 372rwhp 381rwtq
Tune for Exhaust 383.5rwhp 384.5rwtq
increase of.........11.5rwhp 3.5rwtq

Livernois Motorsports
03-23-2009, 04:31 PM
these must be the results for the GXP
Stock 372rwhp 381rwtq
Tune for Exhaust 383.5rwhp 384.5rwtq
increase of.........11.5rwhp 3.5rwtq

You are correct, this was our GXP.

-Rick

SINCITYC6
03-23-2009, 07:05 PM
I would be happy with a 10hp gain on the GT. Do you think that is in the ball park? What is the cost for the system, and how long to ship to Vegas?

Livernois Motorsports
03-24-2009, 05:27 AM
I would be happy with a 10hp gain on the GT. Do you think that is in the ball park? What is the cost for the system, and how long to ship to Vegas?

I think that is in the ballpark. We sell the system for $1,399.99 + Shipping. I would say it would be approximately 4-5 business days from MI to Las Vegas.

Thank you

Rick LeBlanc
Livernois Motorsports

Nsaint
03-24-2009, 08:21 AM
Can you get those tips seperately? Those are the best looking aftermarket tips I have seen. I really like the stock tips but if I do a axleback, I want to be able to revert back to stock.

You can purchase Corsa clone exhaust tips. I just put a set on my custom Corsa axleback setup. I agree with you, they are great looking tips.

Livernois Motorsports
03-25-2009, 01:57 PM
Here is a video of Eric's (Steined) G8 GT with the Corsa System.

BNZxHOnge98&fmt=18

Regards,

Rick LeBlanc
Livernois Motorsports