PDA

View Full Version : Harmonic balancer interchangeability????

00 Trans Ram
08-21-2008, 10:49 AM
I'm reading the description for the Powerbond balancer/pulley over at New Era Performance. It says that this pulley was designed for the LS1. But, it fits the L76?

Is this true for all pulleys? If they fit an LS1 they'll fit an L76? If so, I've got a pulley sitting at home that I decided not to put into my race car (need all the power to the battery I can get). It should fit, right?

Do they use the same bolt? I've got an ARP one sitting with the pulley.

GRRRR8
08-21-2008, 11:06 AM
It crosses to the LS2 07 Vette for sure.

88ls1blazer
08-21-2008, 11:13 AM
The Powerbond pulley for the corvette is the same as the G8 pulley/balancer. The bolt is also the same on ALL gen 3/4 engines except LS7, and probably LSA/LS9.

00 Trans Ram
08-21-2008, 11:48 AM
Sweet!! Looks like I'll be making at least 2 mods before the car has 250 miles on it!

Greg@PacePerformance
08-21-2008, 11:48 AM
I read a note on one of our GM tools that starting with '09 the LS engines will have a keyway on the crank for the balancer, but like anything else GM does they will use the reset of the old stock first.

The LSA/LS9 engines do have the keyway in the crank because of the extra load of the supercharger.

GeorgeInNePa
08-21-2008, 12:20 PM
I read a note on one of our GM tools that starting with '09 the LS engines will have a keyway on the crank for the balancer, but like anything else GM does they will use the reset of the old stock first.

The LSA/LS9 engines do have the keyway in the crank because of the extra load of the supercharger.

The PowerBond/SLP pulley has a keyway cut in the pulley.

Greg@PacePerformance
08-21-2008, 12:27 PM
Most aftermarket balancers do but I wasn't sure about that one. This means that there will not be a need to pin them any more for the guys with FI :headbang:

Crazy Paul
08-21-2008, 05:32 PM
Powerbond 25% Underdrive SFI approved.
Fits G8-GT and LS1/LS2 Corvettes.
Part Number = PBU1117-SS25

'02 ws6
08-23-2008, 03:33 PM
I'm reading the description for the Powerbond balancer/pulley over at New Era Performance. It says that this pulley was designed for the LS1. But, it fits the L76?

Is this true for all pulleys? If they fit an LS1 they'll fit an L76? If so, I've got a pulley sitting at home that I decided not to put into my race car (need all the power to the battery I can get). It should fit, right?

Do they use the same bolt? I've got an ARP one sitting with the pulley.

If your TA is your race car that you have the pulley for, then the pulley you have at home won't work. The Fbody and Ybody (vette) balancers are different in that the pulley for fbodies has longer snout than the vettes.