PDA

View Full Version : Tire pressure problems

Code187
10-25-2015, 05:02 PM
This all started by changing out the battery. After about 200 miles tpms fault started, all 4 showing dashs, then they started reading correctly again, few more miles dashs again, relearned all sensors ok, 100 miles or so,l same thing. brought the car back home, dropped all the air out, refilled with nitrogen and performed a relearn again, seemed to work, all sensors showing correct pressure, drove it again around 100 miles it's back, but shortly started reading correctly. Any insights would be helpful.

MongosG8
10-25-2015, 06:38 PM
Having issues with my TPMS also. Installed new tires. Set my sensors and after a couple days boom my senor fault went on and no pressure showing on all 4 corners. Got out ..looked ..had air.
Tried to inflate deflate relearn ..etc etc still the same shit.

Was told that this is a sign of a sensor failure. How do you tell which one I asked .. You dont. So I guess I need all new sensors ..not worth the BS IMO. So I have the fault showing.

-Ray-
10-26-2015, 07:01 AM
I've changed my battery after 5 years. New tires, same sensors. I'm not having that issue. It's hard to believe that all 4 sensors quit at the same time.

MongosG8
10-26-2015, 09:30 AM
I've changed my battery after 5 years. New tires, same sensors. I'm not having that issue. It's hard to believe that all 4 sensors quit at the same time.

Exactly ..After never having an issue before and all of a sudden .. Called a different service dept ..they did say 1 fault could cause all of them not to relearn and cause the fault for all 4

Sheffield Steve
10-26-2015, 05:21 PM
Go into Engineering mode. There it will show the tire pressures and the bad sensor will read really high. (148 psi if I remember correctly)

p.s. Order on the tire pressure settings in Engineering mode : LF LR RF RR

Was told that this is a sign of a sensor failure. How do you tell which one I asked .. You dont.

JimmyJazz
10-26-2015, 06:07 PM
I think it's like our alternators, it's just time for things to start craping out. :huh:

STL_G8GT
10-26-2015, 09:06 PM
I think it's like our alternators, it's just time for things to start craping out. :huh:
Shut your mouth!

MongosG8
10-27-2015, 05:49 AM
Go into Engineering mode. There it will show the tire pressures and the bad sensor will read really high. (148 psi if I remember correctly)

p.s. Order on the tire pressure settings in Engineering mode : LF RF RR LR

Thank you! I really appreciate that! ..just goes to show that dealers do not know shit about our cars!

mforest4
10-28-2015, 10:51 AM
Thank you! I really appreciate that! ..just goes to show that dealers do not know shit about our cars!

I have had two go bad one at a time, now about every 100 miles they all go blank, they may come back in 10 miles or 100, no pattern to it, resetting doesn't work when they are all dashes, I guess I will replace the remaining two and post the outcome

jbak
11-26-2015, 02:43 PM
It's the battery in the sensor. They don't last forever.

norton13
01-08-2016, 11:09 PM
I have only 1 sensor go bad replaced it problem solved.

mforest4
01-21-2016, 01:51 PM
Update, I took it to the stealership and they replaced one of the two I paid them to replace 15 months ago, sorry out of warranty was the story and another 125.00

norton13
01-22-2016, 03:48 PM
125.00 to replace 1 sensor.

Sheffield Steve
01-23-2016, 11:45 AM
That is a bit expensive as the OEM ones are only $15 on ebay.

125.00 to replace 1 sensor.

WhatNext
01-23-2016, 12:16 PM
I bought 4 online only to find out 2 were DOA when the installer checked them on the counter before touching my car. Ended up getting all 4 from the installer. Yes, more expensive at $50 each but that included installation and no further waste of my time.

Crazy8
02-01-2016, 10:07 AM
Mine just started doing the same thing. Would have been nice if this problem came up a few months earlier so I could have had them replaced while the tires were being changed...

Napalm
06-13-2016, 08:32 AM
Is the order of representation in Engineering Mode always the say - regardless of getting the system recalibrated for the display.

Because if that's the case it sure would help me out.

I have one that dead to - system fault all the time. in engineering mode it shows as the items reporting 148, the others are about correct.

MongosG8
06-13-2016, 09:20 AM
Is the order of representation in Engineering Mode always the say - regardless of getting the system recalibrated for the display.

Because if that's the case it sure would help me out.

I have one that dead to - system fault all the time. in engineering mode it shows as the items reporting 148, the others are about correct.

From what I was told they stay in the same order Like Steve mentioned LF RF RR LR

My G8 in Eng mode states 148 across the board even though I know its only the RF that is bad. When I go to manually re-calibrate it will beep for the LF RR & LR only the RF doesn't and its the one I know is bad.
From what I was told from the dealer ..if one sensor is bad it usually shows them all as 148 (bad) and will not re-calibrate until the bad sensor is replaced. Basically saying you must pay us to replace all 4 now for almost 300 bucks. I will live with it