PDA

View Full Version : Don't make this DUMB mistake....

RxApple
03-04-2009, 05:17 PM
Ok, beat me up, I deserve it...

I installed Roto-fab CAI today and forgot to plug MAF sensor back in.... traction control warning came up and said it was off, the switch didn't work.....check engine light came on..... realized what I did, then plugged it back in.... Took care of the traction control warning, but check engine light is still on..... Waiting for my cortex to arrive tomorrow to read the trouble code... I am sure it has something to do with MAF sensor problem... Any comments or other thoughts??

PS- The car really seemed to have a lot more HP before I plugged it back in, I mean it really bucked!!! But, I don't recommend trying this. We'll see what tomorrow brings...

GeorgeInNePa
03-04-2009, 05:19 PM
That will clear itself in a few start cycles.

I've done it, it's no big deal as long as the wire doesn't get chewed up by the belt.

wreckwriter
03-04-2009, 05:31 PM
Most of us have done worse.

-Ray-
03-04-2009, 05:34 PM
Yeah, like leave off the #8 cylinder injector wire harness.

Steve
03-04-2009, 05:51 PM
Or driving 20 miles with 2 plug wires disconnected

RxApple
03-04-2009, 06:01 PM
Thanks for the comments.... George was right, went out to call Onstar to have them read the trouble code and when I started it (like the 4th or 5th start) the light didn't come on, whew!!!!

Andy@Livernois
03-04-2009, 06:58 PM
Or driving 20 miles with 2 plug wires disconnected

perma-DOD?

PantherGTBlack
03-04-2009, 09:13 PM
Steve was trying to see how the V6 model performed, lol.

RxApple
03-05-2009, 04:45 AM
Oh yeah, i forgot to tell you that the car won the battle during installation, was able to get away with only a blood blister though.... didn't even feel my finger tip burning until it was too late....

BSmith
03-05-2009, 06:09 AM
If you take the O2 sensor out to put the wideband in, remember one thing: a safe place means you can find it.

Good thing I had an extra that managed to work.

WhyteSS
03-05-2009, 07:49 AM
How was the installation on this? I should be recieving mine today !!!

GeorgeInNePa
03-05-2009, 08:38 AM
If you take the O2 sensor out to put the wideband in, remember one thing: a safe place means you can find it.

Good thing I had an extra that managed to work.

:rofl:

The glove box should be a good place.

BSmith
03-05-2009, 03:26 PM
Yeah, it should be. I'm thinking it actually might be where the spare tire goes now that you mention it. I remember I had it just floating around in the trunk until I decided to put it in a different place.

I knew I wasn't going to change it anywhere besides the shop, on the lift. So my brain was thinking I put it somewhere there.

SLVRG8GT
03-05-2009, 03:27 PM
Ok, beat me up, I deserve it...

I installed Roto-fab CAI today and forgot to plug MAF sensor back in.... traction control warning came up and said it was off, the switch didn't work.....check engine light came on..... realized what I did, then plugged it back in.... Took care of the traction control warning, but check engine light is still on..... Waiting for my cortex to arrive tomorrow to read the trouble code... I am sure it has something to do with MAF sensor problem... Any comments or other thoughts??

PS- The car really seemed to have a lot more HP before I plugged it back in, I mean it really bucked!!! But, I don't recommend trying this. We'll see what tomorrow brings...

:spank: