PDA

View Full Version : LCA recall

whitehot09
09-04-2015, 11:34 AM
I finally got the LCA recall. I'm so excited, almost bought some. So is this the loud pops and creaks in and out of driveway and parking stalls?

Darkmanx
09-04-2015, 12:04 PM
What about 2008 g8

cstmg8
09-04-2015, 12:04 PM
They are finishing mine up right now. They only cover arms with visible play, and won't cover the tow, but hey it beats full price!!!

Imalabil
09-04-2015, 05:43 PM
Didn't get anything in the mail today, but I picked up the form at the Chevy dealer to fill out. Kind of a pain finding credit card receipts from October of 2014, so I ended up making copies of CC statements.

Service adviser said they'll pay it. He didn't know about this one, but his brother has a G8 and he was excited to have him get some cash back, even though he's sold the car already.

Now if they can only address the peeling interior door handles. He told me GM has done this recall on Avalanches and some other products. Maybe we need a write-in campaign!

whitehot09
09-04-2015, 07:35 PM
Mine didn't have play the last time I checked. Gonna keep my fingers crossed.

Darkmanx
09-05-2015, 09:36 AM
You think they will laugh at me since I have every suspension mod ? I just got my letter

J Wikoff
09-05-2015, 10:52 AM
It's not a recall, it is extended coverage. Meaning there is an expiration date/mileage.

cstmg8
09-06-2015, 05:36 AM
I've got pedders springs, etc.. On mine and they didn't even mention it.

RobA300
09-14-2015, 09:36 AM
Got the letter last week and I am getting mine checked tomorrow during inspection. Had the passenger side replaced under warranty and now the driver's side is making the same noises. I checked for play the last time I had the front tires off the ground and there definitely was some. I was getting ready to order the kit from Pace to replace these again.

Seattle09GT
09-14-2015, 10:44 AM
It's not a recall, it is extended coverage. Meaning there is an expiration date/mileage.

Correct. 10 years, 120K miles. I've wondered why my LCAs haven't failed but after reading the reason why, makes sense why the pampered garage queen has had no issues. Sits in temperate conditions and driven in temperate conditions. If the car is on the road below 50 degrees - something weird happened in my world. Likewise if its on the road over 90 degrees, we're having a bat shit crazy hot day in Seattle.

Doubt I'll ever benefit from this.

Joeygr8gt
09-14-2015, 04:47 PM
So I can take it and they will fix free if they see anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seattle09GT
09-14-2015, 09:37 PM
So I can take it and they will fix free if they see anything?

Basically correct.

whitehot09
09-17-2015, 07:52 AM
Ok, so yeah you guys are right, I just got excited. Not a recall just like extended coverage. Which dealership can fix, although if not deemed the issue, I have to pay $125 for a diagnostic fee. I've read the way they test is the" wheel shake test, when they grab it and feel for play. Mine doesnt move, but sound like a bowl of Rice Krispies's driving down the road and in a parking lot. I decided not to go that way since dealership kinda got attitude with me. So I went irrational and called BMR and bought super pro lca and radius arms, and sway bar ends links. They waived the shipping, which Is a plus ( especially cross country). Hopefully they are amazing!! Come on ups!!

whitehot09
09-17-2015, 07:59 AM
joeygr8gt, Yes, but only if you received the notice and hit the lottery in that your vin had been picked as possible effected.

Did they use the same arms throughout the whole g8 line? Shouldn't they all be the same arms, and therefore all be covered under extended coverage?

jeppsG8
09-21-2015, 09:35 AM
I got my reimbursement check last week from the dealership. I had mine replaced about 18 months ago. Then got the notice of extended coverage 3 weeks ago. Dealer was very good to work with. My check took only 3 days from when I contacted them.

TeeWX
09-25-2015, 07:39 AM
How does the reimbursement work? I replaced mine this spring but I did my own work. Does it have to have been done by the dealer?

whitehot09
09-25-2015, 10:43 PM
I'm not sure, but they did include a reimbursement form in the paper work.

mjs001
12-03-2015, 08:24 PM
You do not need to have the work done at the dealer. I replaced my arms about a year ago. I took my receipt from Pace for the four control arm kit ($293.33) and the completed rebate form to the dealer and had a check for my cost of parts in a little over a week.

AaronB
12-08-2015, 06:50 PM
Do i need the letter from the dealership to take the car in? My wife thinks she got it in the mail but cannot find it now

Joeygr8gt
12-13-2015, 02:34 PM
If I buy bmr lca and install myself I can send receipt to dealer and they send me a check? How do I get the fourm bc I I placed mine

G8eraid
12-13-2015, 05:40 PM
If I buy bmr lca and install myself I can send receipt to dealer and they send me a check? How do I get the fourm bc I I placed mine

I don't think they will reimburse you for aftermarket parts, or maybe only the price of oem...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk