PDA

View Full Version : ar headers

liquidred1
03-04-2009, 01:55 PM
i think im going to install the headers with the help of a friend but I had a couple questions

1. How do i know if i have the wideband 02 bungs welded on? How many should there be?

2. Do i need to purchase wideband sensors and if so then what size ect. and from where?

r33pwrd
03-04-2009, 01:57 PM
Wideband is only for tunning (if your tuner uses one) there should be 4 bungs for the O2 sensors... a 5th one could be added for the wideband.

liquidred1
03-04-2009, 02:46 PM
alright, ive got 4 so i guess thats pretty straight forward one last question and ill leave ya'll alone

The instructions say to disconnect the battery before installation. Is this necessary? I dont want to erase any settings in radio,dic or my vector tune if that effects it. Anybody know if it will retain my tune if i disconnect battery?

-Ray-
03-04-2009, 02:50 PM
It's just a good practice to. It's not necessary.

Juniorss
03-04-2009, 03:16 PM
alright, ive got 4 so i guess thats pretty straight forward one last question and ill leave ya'll alone

The instructions say to disconnect the battery before installation. Is this necessary? I dont want to erase any settings in radio,dic or my vector tune if that effects it. Anybody know if it will retain my tune if i disconnect battery?

It wont erase your tune.

bigwillys58
03-04-2009, 04:00 PM
i didnt disconnect the battery but as previously stated it is good practice. i also didnt pull out the spark plugs because it was just me installing the headers. i carefully "hung" the headers on the plugs to make lineing up the gaskets and gitting the bolts started a lot easier... that was with the kooks. dont imagine the arh would be much different. good luck and enjoy when finished!!

SLA
03-05-2009, 05:49 AM
If I were you I would disconnect the battery. During the install you have to move the power cables for the jumpstart post to the other side of the a/c lines for extra clearance. I wouldn't want to run the risk of grouding those cables by accident. Btw all of my stations were still programed after disconnecting the battery when I did my install last weekend.

-Ray-
03-05-2009, 06:29 AM
I removed the plugs. I didn't want to break one off. You also don't want to ground anything on the starter. :)

liquidred1
03-05-2009, 03:45 PM
thanks for all the tips guys...i guess ill disconnect the battery, not like its hard to do so ill just do it. Wish me luck, ill be at it this saturday with my buddy. :woohoo: