PDA

View Full Version : Removing fuel tank

nixrick
06-13-2015, 04:46 AM
Has anyone removed their fuel tank? Ever since I put my zl1 pump in my car leaks fuel around the seal. Main reason being I screwed up the tabs holding it in. I'm upgrading to a ctsv pump now because I need more fuel and don't want a bap. I found a used tank for 100 bucks. Decided to swap the tank in hopes of fixing my leak issue. I'm curious as to how hard it's going to be.

STL_G8GT
06-13-2015, 05:34 AM
Has anyone removed their fuel tank? Ever since I put my zl1 pump in my car leaks fuel around the seal. Main reason being I screwed up the tabs holding it in. I'm upgrading to a ctsv pump now because I need more fuel and don't want a bap. I found a used tank for 100 bucks. Decided to swap the tank in hopes of fixing my leak issue. I'm curious as to how hard it's going to be.

It's been done... driveshaft, exhaust, rear frame, retaining straps...
Go get em, tiger.

Phil@PnP Tech
06-13-2015, 07:36 AM
Rear cradle just needs dropped a little. I removed the front bolts and loosened the rear bolts to let it droop a little. Make sure you keep an eye on abs wires and parking brake cables. Remove the fill tube by the screws under the fill cap. It comes out with the tank. Remove wire harness and lines from charcoal canister and disconnect the main harness on the passenger side prior to loosening the tank straps.

Kermit
06-13-2015, 03:04 PM
Can't you just replace the tabs from the new tank to the old one?

nixrick
06-13-2015, 06:25 PM
Tweaker you've gave me hope. Ha. Kermit, maybe. I'll have to look.