PDA

View Full Version : A few observations

gearhead455
03-03-2009, 05:18 PM
Well,I have had my 09' GT prem/sport Panther black for a little over a week now and I'm still reading and re-reading the owners manual learning about all the settings.Here are a few things I observed.

1. No courtesy lighting.Open the door and no interior lights come on.(sucks when it's dark out to get in and out) unlock the car and outside lights come on but not inside:(

2. Manual say's there is a auto/local/distant setting on the radio. But pressing menu knob and turning through the menu,there is no "Seek Sens" to highlight. :(

3. In the XM settings selecting "category setting" does not give you different category's just on or off.

4. In the DIC under security settings,I had the flash remote lock and beep remote lock set to on,but no horn sounds when locking,so I set flash remote lock off and kept the beep remote on, and still no beep after locking.:(

5. The key fob is hard to see in the dark as to lock and unlock and start,wish they were colored or something.

Maybe I'm overlooking something and some of you could set me strait, thanks.

Don

GeorgeInNePa
03-03-2009, 05:24 PM
There should be courtesy lighting on the inside. Mine has it.

Check the switch on the light itself.

R.Penguin
03-03-2009, 05:26 PM
1 - Near the front courtesy light there are 2 push buttons. Mess with them 'til you get the lights to come on when you want.

As for the rest? Nottafukinclue.:p

It's A G8!
03-03-2009, 05:46 PM
If you press the lock on the remote twice it should honk.

gearhead455
03-03-2009, 06:31 PM
1 - Near the front courtesy light there are 2 push buttons. Mess with them 'til you get the lights to come on when you want.

As for the rest? Nottafukinclue.:p

Got it,thanks. :)

gearhead455
03-03-2009, 06:32 PM
If you press the lock on the remote twice it should honk.

Check! thanks. :)

gearhead455
03-03-2009, 06:52 PM
Don't laugh,this is my first new car in 20 years!! LOL!! my last one was an 88' Mustang GT 5.0 and after some mods,pulleys,flowmasters,throttle body,ect... and only 7 payments left...the wife made me trade it in on a 91' Tempo and put it in her name, 6 months later the cheating b!tch left me with my 2 sons.I descended into alcohol and depression while paying $260 a week in child support for 8 years before it went down to $220 for the rest of the years.Well support was over a couple years ago,my sons are going to be 25 and 23 this summer.Last year on February 13th 2008,I went to de-tox in the hospital to get off the booze. Well here I am 1 year later, sober and wanting to live again, it seems like a whole new life,(except my health issues,living with cirrhosis is one of them) I decided to buy the car of my dreams before it's too late!!!:)

Sorry if I was long winded, just thought I'd share a little about myself,I'm glad to be part of this forum,I think I'll stay a while as long as my coffee is hot and my cigar is burning.LOL!!

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h309/bluesman455/clintAvatar-1.gif

Steve
03-03-2009, 09:16 PM
Wow - that's quite the backstory.

Enjoy your G8! You deserve it! And if you have any more questions feel free to ask!

jnak
03-03-2009, 09:55 PM
Enjoy the car! Glad to hear you've cleaned up.

PantherGTBlack
03-03-2009, 11:03 PM
Congratulations on the recovery, gearhead, and congratulations on the G8. IIRC, the key fob has a couple of raised bumps on one of the buttons to help distinguish them from each other...if you want them colored though, I imagine model car paint or nail polish would help you out although it might not stay on too well. Just a thought.

Devilish34
03-04-2009, 04:23 AM
Good for you!!!! Keep your head up and enjoy your G8.

Cubans??

-Ray-
03-04-2009, 05:30 AM
Congrats on 1 year man. Got something for you.
On number 4 I think if you want beep on lock, you need to turn OFF flash on lock.

confused2much
03-04-2009, 06:15 AM
Awesome on the 1 year!!! And congrats on the G8, it's so much fun to drive. I wish I could help with the questions though....but I'm not quite sure myself.

GrandPrix98GT
03-04-2009, 11:03 AM
Congrats on the 1-year sober... that's great!

gearhead455
03-04-2009, 06:21 PM
Thanks everyone,my son is coming over tomorrow for a cruise,I just filled up with Mobil premium.:woohoo: he drives a Saturn Aura V-6,I told him he will be driving a real car. LOL!! afterwords we'll watch a movie and smoke cubans. :)

I got some steel marking pens at work and put some on a toothpick to fill in the key fob to see it better here is a pic,I still have to fill in the trunk button.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h309/bluesman455/keyfob001.jpg

MAYBEN
03-04-2009, 06:56 PM
that looks cool, can you do mine when you are done? lol

congrats on the 1 year... One day at a time...

SLA
03-05-2009, 07:00 AM
3. In the XM settings selecting "category setting" does not give you different category's just on or off.

Make sure its set to "on" and then when listening to xm and you push the "<< track >> " button it will switch categories. The " << disc >> " button will then switch through different stations in the category.