PDA

View Full Version : Just installed Solo axle backs

Thechad703
05-06-2015, 02:10 PM
So I just installed solo axle backs to my car, an I honestly was let down when I started my car. I thought these would have a more muscle car sound to them. They sound like a honda civic or some rice
Rocket...

Is there another exhaust system that may be better than this one I regards to the more muscle
Car sound or something else I need to do to get it other than these? I'm just not
Digging the sound these are putting out at all. No where near muscle car tone.

Seattle09GT
05-06-2015, 04:49 PM
I recommend removing everything from the manifold back - you'll like the sound.

I also think you need your hearing checked.

Thechad703
05-06-2015, 04:58 PM
Yeah, ill work on the hearing thing but I just took a hearing/respirator test for work last week and was good bud. Just the sound is no where near a deep muscle car sound. Is what it is, just my personal opinion I guess. Maybe it's because it's a V6.

GXPaycheck
05-07-2015, 05:43 AM
That would explain it.

NmE0208
05-07-2015, 12:04 PM
No replacement for displacement!

Chewy
05-07-2015, 12:54 PM
Hahaha... Yep, the V6 sounds more like an Infinity or something with exhaust. It's impossible to make a V6 sound like a V8, but headers and such will help it sound throatier.

G8 GT V8
05-07-2015, 03:04 PM
Hahaha... Yep, the V6 sounds more like an Infinity or something with exhaust. It's impossible to make a V6 sound like a V8, but headers and such will help it sound throatier.

Agreed. Even muscle cars with V6 (Grand National comes to mind) don't sound like muscle cars...physics just doesn't allow it unfortunately.

JimmyJazz
05-07-2015, 05:26 PM
So I just installed solo axle backs to my car, an I honestly was let down when I started my car. I thought these would have a more muscle car sound to them. They sound like a honda civic or some rice
Rocket...

Is there another exhaust system that may be better than this one I regards to the more muscle
Car sound or something else I need to do to get it other than these? I'm just not
Digging the sound these are putting out at all. No where near muscle car tone.

The best sounding V6 exhaust I've heard is the Solo G8 V6 exhaust that has mufflers, not the Solo G8 straight through, j-pipe version. See if Solo will do some kind off trade.

AVIDMOTION
05-10-2015, 03:27 PM
It's the v6. Add an X pipe to get rid of the resonance and tiny sound.

ggeary
05-11-2015, 04:05 AM
The best sounding V6 exhaust I've heard is the Solo G8 V6 exhaust that has mufflers, not the Solo G8 straight through, j-pipe version. See if Solo will do some kind off trade.

I agree with this. If you got the SOLO axlebacks for the V8 (the J-pipe version) this may be the problem. I previously had the SOLO G8 V6 axlebacks and they sounded really good. I currently have the SOLO Mach shorty catback (with the J-pipes) on my V6 and it sounds great. Yeah it doesn't sound like a V8, but it doesn't sound like a rice burner either. See if SOLO can help you out. They are a great company.