PDA

View Full Version : Boost reduced

wreckwriter
03-03-2009, 06:48 AM
Got the new pulley on yesterday. Went from a 4.13 to a 4.38. Was going to do it myself but was unclear on the belt tensioning so took it to Brent. Boy, am I glad I did.

Turns out 2 separate techs at Procharger screwed the pooch regarding the belt. They were certain same belt would work so they didn't send me a new one. Guess what?

Haven't had time for any more than a brief test but can definitely feel the difference. Now it feels like a fast G8, at 10 lbs it felt like a big-block Vega.

Now, once again, I need a tune. I really like the performance on these modern engines but I hate the need for a tune every time you touch anything. I've watch Jeremy do the tuning, way too complex for me to try to learn, don't have the time or dedication.

99-LS1-SS
03-03-2009, 06:51 AM
LOL! @ big block Vega!

GRRRR8
03-03-2009, 06:52 AM
Big block Vega is a good thing! :)

confused2much
03-03-2009, 06:54 AM
Having to tune it after everything really does suck....I don't have anyone really close to do the tunning either which is a big reason Ive stayed stock. Glad you got your stuff figured out and it didn't do any damage besides your wallet.

wreckwriter
03-03-2009, 06:54 AM
Big block Vega is a good thing! :)

A very good thing!

wreckwriter
03-03-2009, 06:57 AM
Having to tune it after everything really does suck....I don't have anyone really close to do the tunning either which is a big reason Ive stayed stock. Glad you got your stuff figured out and it didn't do any damage besides your wallet.

I have the same problem. I trust a grand total of 2 guys to tune my car; the closest is about 300 miles away.

99-LS1-SS
03-03-2009, 07:01 AM
I have the same problem. I trust a grand total of 2 guys to tune my car; the closest is about 300 miles away.

I thought my tuner being 100 miles away was bad.

confused2much
03-03-2009, 07:15 AM
I think Livernois is only 6 Hours away from me...lol....350 miles or so. I'm sure there is something closer, I'm just not looking hard enough.

nathan600r
03-03-2009, 07:27 AM
Has anyone else thought about trying to learn efi live or hp tuners for their own car?

wreckwriter
03-03-2009, 07:31 AM
Has anyone else thought about trying to learn efi live or hp tuners for their own car?

I thought about it but abandoned the idea after watch a tune being done. Way too complex for me to try to learn now.

Mike P
03-03-2009, 08:20 AM
Got the new pulley on yesterday. Went from a 4.13 to a 4.38. Was going to do it myself but was unclear on the belt tensioning so took it to Brent. Boy, am I glad I did.

Turns out 2 separate techs at Procharger screwed the pooch regarding the belt. They were certain same belt would work so they didn't send me a new one. Guess what?

Haven't had time for any more than a brief test but can definitely feel the difference. Now it feels like a fast G8, at 10 lbs it felt like a big-block Vega.

Now, once again, I need a tune. I really like the performance on these modern engines but I hate the need for a tune every time you touch anything. I've watch Jeremy do the tuning, way too complex for me to try to learn, don't have the time or dedication.

Damn Tom, you've got a bad @ss beast of a car!

GeorgeInNePa
03-03-2009, 09:44 AM
With the BAP installed now, why did you drop the boost and where do you figure it is now?

wreckwriter
03-03-2009, 09:49 AM
With the BAP installed now, why did you drop the boost and where do you figure it is now?

2 reasons; first, BAP still not enough at 10 lbs, plus both Kirk and Jeremy said 10 was too much on stock bottom end and valvetrain. Based on one very brief test it appears to be at 7 or 8 now. More certain test to come soon.

Steve
03-03-2009, 10:11 AM
What would be the next steps for you to beef things up tom?

wreckwriter
03-03-2009, 10:16 AM
What would be the next steps for you to beef things up tom?

In order to bump the boost I feel like like I would need forged internals. That's going to be beyond the budget but I guess easiest and cheapest would be to get a short block. If I grenade this one I'll have to but can't do it just for wanting to....

Matt TuneTime
03-03-2009, 10:16 AM
Guy's we are over 550whp [ mustang dyno ] with a P1sc so if you have any questions just fire away .This is at 10psi , Springs, 1.85 Rockers, ARH LT's .. No meth yet ... OH our fuel pump upgrade also .

edmanet
03-03-2009, 10:29 AM
I think Livernois is only 6 Hours away from me...lol....350 miles or so. I'm sure there is something closer, I'm just not looking hard enough.

Save up to do the mods you want. Then have Livernois pick your car up and install the mods and tune at one time. That's where my car is.
Or have Vector tune your car and rent the flashexpress everytime time you
do a mod.

wreckwriter
03-03-2009, 10:36 AM
Guy's we are over 550whp [ mustang dyno ] with a P1sc so if you have any questions just fire away .This is at 10psi , Springs, 1.85 Rockers, ARH LT's .. No meth yet ... OH our fuel pump upgrade also .

Tell us more about your fuel pump upgrade please.

GeorgeInNePa
03-03-2009, 10:50 AM

Tell us more about your fuel pump upgrade please.

This.

Also, you were working on a line-loc months ago. Ever come up with a ready to use kit?

MtbDoc
03-03-2009, 11:31 AM
I agree with the sentiments about tuning. Although I have HPT (and the G8 license isn't that expensive) doing FI tuning is NOT something I want to be learning on. Hence my decision to go with the TVS1900 and the 'canned tune' although I recognize that 91 octane tune leaves some HP behind. If I get bored with it, I'll do headers/pulley and HOPEFULLY find someone competent to help with the tune.

bubblyjock
03-03-2009, 11:43 AM
At least you guys are somewhere near good speed shop's. I am here in bumf*** Egypt and would have to drive at least 500+ to get anyone good!!

Matt TuneTime
03-03-2009, 03:13 PM
Tell us more about your fuel pump upgrade please. In testing swap out module .. Good to 600 whp mustang dyno ...

This.

Also, you were working on a line-loc months ago. Ever come up with a ready to use kit? Have not had enough track testing yet .. I only sell what I test ..