PDA

View Full Version : Fuel pump access covers

nmrwr85
04-23-2015, 06:09 AM
I hope this is in the right spot...
Im new to this forum but have been active on another g8 forum for a while. Thought I would share this with you. I teamed up with local fabricator to make these access covers since they were no longer being made.

You will receive:

1 Top cover
1 base
6 Rivnut fasteners
6 stainless fasteners
1 template for cutting out the circle
1 sealing o-ring

The top and base will be machined from aluminum and anodized black with the companies logo laser etched into it.
The halves will use an o-ring to seal so no unwanted vapors will make it into the cabin which is an update from the original version.

Looking at having these made and ready to be shipped at the beginning of May.

http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af356/nmrwr85/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-01/2015-04/4128E78E-FBD9-4ABD-8414-BC168ED3E24C.jpg (http://s1023.photobucket.com/user/nmrwr85/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-01/2015-04/4128E78E-FBD9-4ABD-8414-BC168ED3E24C.jpg.html)

STL_G8GT
04-23-2015, 06:24 AM
Very nice! You may want to pm an admin (Steve probably) about selling, however.

tchr49
04-23-2015, 03:37 PM
Fantastic that someone put forth the time and effort to revive these! One of the best modifications you can buy.

-Ray-
04-23-2015, 05:09 PM
I'll edit this when I get to a pc. If it's on the other board then he's a vendor right?

LDM
04-23-2015, 05:22 PM
As stated above, PM Steve (http://forum.grrrr8.net/private.php?do=newpm&u=1) the admin to get vendor status. Until then I've removed the pricing and ordering info. The vendor rates for small vendors are very reasonable, but it wouldn't be fair to the other vendors here who have paid to allow you to promote and sell this otherwise.

nmrwr85
04-23-2015, 05:51 PM
As stated above, PM Steve (http://forum.grrrr8.net/private.php?do=newpm&u=1) the admin to get vendor status. Until then I've removed the pricing and ordering info. The vendor rates for small vendors are very reasonable, but it wouldn't be fair to the other vendors here who have paid to allow you to promote and sell this otherwise.

I'm not a vendor, not the one selling, or profiting from this, I just gave up the file to have these made and gave input for changes to the original.

I apologize for posting this on here, I just thought it was something a lot of members could benefit from.

speng.us is who I went through to have these made.

STL_G8GT
04-23-2015, 06:37 PM
I'm not a vendor, not the one selling, or profiting from this, I just gave up the file to have these made and gave input for changes to the original.

I apologize for posting this on here, I just thought it was something a lot of members could benefit from.

Hey man, no need to apologize, we just require that if something is being sold in quantity and is using the social network of the forum for a buying audience, that the board receives some support in return, that's all.

nmrwr85
04-24-2015, 01:23 AM
Hey man, no need to apologize, we just require that if something is being sold in quantity and is using the social network of the forum for a buying audience, that the board receives some support in return, that's all.

Oh ok, got it. Well the owner of the company who made the fuel pump covers doesn't have a large product line for G8s, or anything with an LS in it, so I was trying to get the word out about these.

With that being said, I work out of town 3 weeks out of the month and have offered my car up to him as a prototyping car.

I'm going to start a new thread asking what parts are G8 owners interested in that either aren't being made, or can be made better. I have also found him a cts-v, and working on getting a camaro , and SS for more parts. He's a great guy, local to me, and used to be the lead fabricator/designer for a pretty large and well known performance shop for high end sports cars prior to venturing off on his own.

-Ray-
04-24-2015, 03:00 AM
It's a beautiful piece, and someone knows their 3d cad very well. I appreciate any products folks are still building parts for our cars. If there is a web business selling these in their web store, you may post the link to that. Any person having ongoing selling in the forum, must have some kind of VIP status or be a vendor. If you need anything else, you can pm one of the Admins, or myself.

Thanks,
Ray

tchr49
04-24-2015, 03:10 AM
Check this out "you know where", and I say that because I consider this place home. The pics of this guy's operation are fantastic.
Our cars should have come with an access to the fuel pump, and knowing how manufacturing costs are kept to a minimum, it would have been nowhere close to this kind of quality.
Worried about cutting your floor? Forget it! I'm so anal, I kept the chunk I cut out so I'd have all the parts the car ever came with.
A half blind old man with aviation snips, some one inch c-clamps from HFC and a cordless drill can do it in no time.

nmrwr85
04-24-2015, 04:06 AM
Here's a link to his web store. http://www.speng.us

Thanks for the heads up! Hopefully more parts will be coming soon.

LDM
04-24-2015, 04:58 AM

I guess I misinterpreted "teamed up with" then, but no worries. This forum is all for things that benefit the G8 community, and new products for our cars are always a good thing. We just have rules for those who use the forum to make a profit to keep things fair. It does look like a very nice piece though.

tchr49
04-24-2015, 05:14 AM
^^^^^^^^
This is why I love this place.

SPENG
04-24-2015, 10:59 PM
I am very aware of the rules here so I'll do my part to not overstep the boundaries. I did feel compelled to visit and introduce myself. I would like to be a "vendor" however at this time I dont have any products or possible income from g8 parts.

That all said i wont try to sell anything on this forum at all though I do appreciate members such as nmrwr85 that have brought this and many other products to my attention.

Here are a few pics of the shop and what I do. It's a fun business to own and I get to make awesome stuff every single day.

SPENG
04-29-2015, 08:52 PM

nmrwr85
04-30-2015, 07:59 AM
Looks good! Something about a freshly machined piece.

SPENG
04-30-2015, 07:58 PM
https://scontent-2.22773.fna.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/t31.0-8/11201159_481525178677758_7464939273354383344_o.jpg

Crazy8
07-20-2015, 01:00 PM
Here's a link to his web store. http://www.speng.us

Thanks for the heads up! Hopefully more parts will be coming soon.

For those that don't frequent the other board, quite a few of us bought Speng's G8 Fuel Pump Access Covers, but the product we received is too small to work. It has been almost 3 months and Speng has not corrected the issue, and now seems to have stopped responding to our requests for resolution.

Buyer beware.

Phil@PnP Tech
07-20-2015, 02:45 PM
Is this now the time to put my flatfoot cover on ebay??? I've been following on the other forum and I feel for you guys. I wouldn't hesitate to file a claim with paypal before your buyer protection expires.

I'd be half tempted to fix the bases for you guys but I don't think our lathes can chuck 10".

-Ray-
07-21-2015, 02:38 AM
Please remember that we offer our products at a substantial discount because we do not offer phone support for our products.

If you were thinking about calling.

LDM
07-21-2015, 05:01 AM
Is this now the time to put my flatfoot cover on ebay???.

I think I was one of the first batch to buy one from him and even though I still haven't installed it, I'm glad I got it. Not only did he not let me pay until I received it and was happy with it, but he gave me his phone number to walk me through the installation if needed. He also offered to loan me the rivnut installation tool, though I ended up buying my own because I wasn't sure when I'd end up needing it and I just like having tools. Best part of all, his cover is actually an access cover and not just a viewing port.

TooManyHobbies
07-21-2015, 07:56 AM
I am glad I have a flatfoot sitting on the to do pile.

williamGT
09-03-2015, 11:18 AM
I wish I known sooner about Flatfoot access cover :( I'll just cut a hole and use sheet metal.

Darkmanx
09-04-2015, 07:09 AM
so no one makes covers anymore?

Phil@PnP Tech
09-04-2015, 11:13 AM
I'm debating on selling my flatfoot cover... still cant come to terms with myself on cutting a hole in the car.

williamGT
09-04-2015, 11:38 AM
I'm debating on selling my flatfoot cover... still cant come to terms with myself on cutting a hole in the car.
I'll take it off your hands if you sell :)

Darkmanx
09-04-2015, 12:02 PM
Yea don't cut a hole in your car I'll take the cover

williamGT
09-04-2015, 12:58 PM
I'll probably end up in making one... cut a hole, use sheet metal and I have access to thin rubber gaskets and to secure it I'll use interior panel push pins.