PDA

View Full Version : TPMS woes.

R.Penguin
03-02-2009, 05:20 PM
Penguins are notoriously slow....to dead-stop when it comes to thinking. (No doubt you noticed I got tpms wrong. DOH!) The best we can usually hope for is to not go into reverse and end up as an egg. :p

I swapped out the 18" wheels & tires on the '09 GT with the 19" wheels/tires on the wrecked '08. Now my DIC is telling me I have pressure problems. Hell, I knew that when I turned 60.

I suspect..........'scanning'.............'scanning' ...........'sca........zzzzzzzzzz.

HUH? What?? Oh yeah........ I suspect that the tpms sensors in the old 19" wheels have the average IQ of, well, a penguin and don't know where the f*ck they are. If any of you smarter type folks out there could post an opinion (OH Shit!)I would appreciate it as I have never had to take any car I've had in the last 6 years to the "shudder" DEALER.::puke:

Man, I hate to start a trend here. Just going into the waiting line for the service dept. at a DEALER gives me hives, crabs, shivering fits, and epiglotis of the blowhole! :wacko:

norm8332
03-02-2009, 05:30 PM
Do a TMPS learn, it's easy and it's in the manual.

GRRRR8
03-02-2009, 05:31 PM
Fixed your title for you youngster. As Norm suggested do a relearn and you will be fine.

R.Penguin
03-02-2009, 07:54 PM
Do a TMPS learn, it's easy and it's in the manual.
Now wait a minit! You mean put in air, let air out, watch for light flashes, etc.? I tried that but my bicycle pump just won't cut it. :p

R.Penguin
03-02-2009, 07:55 PM
Fixed your title for you youngster. As Norm suggested do a relearn and you will be fine.
Grazie.

R.Penguin
03-03-2009, 05:20 PM
Now wait a minit! You mean put in air, let air out, watch for light flashes, etc.? I tried that but my bicycle pump just won't cut it. :p
Nevermind! Went by Discount tire and they reprogrammed them in about 2 min. N/C. I love those guys. :p