PDA

View Full Version : lift stand

jcmGT
01-21-2015, 06:47 PM
saw this over in ctsvland, figured I'd share. I bit pricey, but sure would be nice to get that elevation under the tire.

myliftstand (http://myliftstand.com/)
(there is a vid on the web page)

here are the details:
"The price for a pair is $260.00, shipping is not included. I’m working on a web site and hope to have it completed soon. I am still taking orders, just let me know if you are interested.

The stand is made of 12ga. steel and has a black powder coated finish. The dimensions are 11”wd. 18”lg. and 8"high, and the total height when lifted is 13.5 inches. It locks into position with four .375 inch spring loaded locking pins. The tire pan size is 11"x11" and 1.5" deep. It weighs 33 lbs. with a maximum load rating of 2000 lbs. Four stands can support a car weighing up to 8,000 lbs."

Chewy
01-22-2015, 05:19 AM
I saw these a couple of days ago!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXCvq6DNJi0

wyome
01-22-2015, 09:00 PM
Pretty neat...there used to be another lil company that made ramps that stored flat. When u wanted to go up u set the front at the height u needed, then just jacked up the back and locked in the ramp/height.

This idea looks like more work...but way more portable and storable...

Napalm
01-23-2015, 08:04 AM
would be nice to see them with a scissor jack screw setup - and a lug nut end that you could use an impact wrench on.

lift car, set piece - put impact on - wiz wiz. depending on your tools - it would be up faster than you can pump a hydraulic jack.

-Ray-
01-23-2015, 09:20 AM
That reminds me of an Alaskan Airlines jack screw.

donkeyGT
01-23-2015, 03:23 PM
Am I missing something but how much do you gain over using $50 worth of jack stands?

jcmGT
01-23-2015, 03:34 PM
several inches as you are picking up under the tire. yea, there are many ways to skin this cat, the advantage here is convenience at the cost of big wallet hole.

wyome
01-23-2015, 05:17 PM
http://www.kwik-lift.com/about.html

Another way to skin a cat ... 4 post lift would be my best idea of fun ... but this could work to depending on your needs...

jcmGT
01-23-2015, 05:38 PM
Actually, my first option is to find employment out west, get a decent M&L plan and this time make sure the garage is readily functional.

Napalm
01-26-2015, 11:49 AM
That reminds me of an Alaskan Airlines jack screw.

lol I know where I can get some fairly cheap

Napalm
01-26-2015, 11:50 AM
you know they make taller jackstands.

and for most of the things I'm jacking the car up for - I need to remove the tire anyway.

Chewy
01-26-2015, 12:23 PM
I have the taller stands for use on my truck, but the problem stops being the taller stand as much as it is safely lifting the car up high enough to utilize the taller stands. These lift stands are pretty cool. 520 bucks seems about right to me. Sure, you can make them for a FRACTION of that, but remember, there's a lot of testing, patent work, and let's not forget the liability insurance the company has to buy to sell these not to mention any warranty they may offer. They have to make money on it or it's not worth selling.