PDA

View Full Version : FlashXpress help!!

09PBMGT
08-20-2008, 03:29 PM
I get the FlashXpress system this afternoon. I plug the usb cable into my computer. It goes through the steps, I click finsish and says it's ready to go, so I thought. However..... When i try to find the file.... its no where to be found. I've restarted the computer, plugged, unplugged the usb cable and nothing. There is warning taped to the usb (insert CD-Rom before connecting the usb cable) what's the deal with that. I know this is the first step, but shit.... Am I such an idiot, that I've fu**ed it up already? Can't save a file if I can't find it. Someone help.

Thanks Luke G.

If someone wants to PM me and is intersted in helping me, I'll send you my phone number. Thanks

wreckwriter
08-20-2008, 03:41 PM
Fuck me dude, this is the third thread on this that I've seen.. Did you read the directions? You have to create the file, then you send it to Vector, then they send you back a new one which you then write to your car.

GRRRR8
08-20-2008, 03:41 PM
You did name the file right? It may be in saved files, look vectors assigned name in files.

GeorgeInNePa
08-20-2008, 03:57 PM
I get the FlashXpress system this afternoon. I plug the usb cable into my computer. It goes through the steps, I click finsish and says it's ready to go, so I thought. However..... When i try to find the file.... its no where to be found. I've restarted the computer, plugged, unplugged the usb cable and nothing. There is warning taped to the usb (insert CD-Rom before connecting the usb cable) what's the deal with that. I know this is the first step, but shit.... Am I such an idiot, that I've fu**ed it up already? Can't save a file if I can't find it. Someone help.

Thanks Luke G.

If someone wants to PM me and is intersted in helping me, I'll send you my phone number. Thanks

Ok, start at the beginning. Did you download the files from the USB Memory Stick?

If yes, did you plug the cable into the computer after doinng the memory stick?

If yes, did you upload the ECM/TCM files from the car to your computer?

Where are you at in the process?

Steve
08-20-2008, 03:58 PM
He should be set - just got off the phone with'm :)

wreckwriter
08-20-2008, 03:59 PM
He should be set - just got off the phone with'm :)

Thanks Steve. I was gonna do that as soon as I finished eating.

EcoBrick Bob
08-20-2008, 04:11 PM
I am like...o..l..d..

Because I had to borrow a laptop... I kinda got panicky ....(only 48 hrs to return th FlashExpress to Vector) ...since it was owned by the U of Iowa....

I followed Vector's instructions. In fact I powered the laptop with AC power because of their warnings... Download was easy. (MY MISTAKE WAS TO TRY TO DOWNLOAD IT INTO MY DESKTOP AND SEND IT TO VECTOR>>) Doesn't work!!!!!!

When I went direct from my friends laptop to Kirk... I had the files back in 20 min. and into my G8 immediately...

Moral of the story - YOU NEED A LAPTOP - AND- TRUST VECTOR... MY PROBLEM... Not theirs!

CAR ROCKS!

RRM

09PBMGT
08-20-2008, 05:09 PM
Fuck me dude, this is the third thread on this that I've seen.. Did you read the directions? You have to create the file, then you send it to Vector, then they send you back a new one which you then write to your car.

No more threads on this, I promise. Steve helped me out (Thanks Steve). I did read the directions.... I'm somewhat computer handicapped, however. In my haste to take the cables out of the package, I overlooked the memory stick sitting at the bottom. Important component........I'm a fucking dumbass. Oh well, once I had all the necessary parts, everything else was breeze. Files have been sent to Vector...... Crisis averted! Thanks gentlemen and take care!
Luke

EcoBrick Bob
08-20-2008, 05:31 PM
HOLD IT THERE!!!!

We all make mistakes....

Woudda...shouddda.coudda...

Some days I say " SHOOT ME P)LEASE!!!!"

No comment on wife's say....

RRM

G8GTlawride
08-20-2008, 09:28 PM
Well, don't speak too soon! I have the Flashxpress ordered am awaiting it's arrival. I will, no doubt, need help on the computer side! I have no clue when it comes to computers.

09PBMGT
08-21-2008, 01:38 AM
Well, don't speak too soon! I have the Flashxpress ordered am awaiting it's arrival. I will, no doubt, need help on the computer side! I have no clue when it comes to computers.

It really wasn't that difficult. I made it difficult by not finding the flash stick in the package. For some reason it won't work correctly if you don't have all the components. Who woulda thunk it? There are plenty of guys on this board to give you a few pointers.

bubblyjock
08-27-2008, 03:56 PM
Hey, Kind of a hijack, but I was just wondering how long it took you guys to get your tuned files back from Vector when using the FlashXpress. I know they say they want the FlashXpress back in the mail 48 hours after receiving it, but what if I haven't received the files with in 48 hours?

GRRRR8
08-27-2008, 04:00 PM
I sent mine in at 9am and got back at 4:30pm same day. I think if they have a delay on their part they are not going to penalize you.

bubblyjock
08-27-2008, 04:03 PM
That's what I had figured, I just so want to take that tuned baby for a spin, it makes me a little impatient!!:auto:

Steve
08-27-2008, 04:05 PM
Sent mine at 5pm PST (after they're closed) and got it back like 9am pst..
pretty damn good! :D

btw Luke - good to see you're up & running :) (yeah yeah late response haha)

GRRRR8
08-27-2008, 04:06 PM
I think its the same for everyone. You know its just a matter of time, but what time is the question. I am the worst 1 for patience. I have to wait to get things and then wait to have time to get to it!

bubblyjock
08-27-2008, 04:09 PM
That's the thing, I had hoped that I would come home from work today and have the email, since I had time tonight to Program the car, then get the FXP in the mail first thing in the morning. Now the rest of the week I am going to be busy with other stuff and will have to somehow fit programing the car and taking the package to the UPS drop off!

EcoBrick Bob
08-27-2008, 05:56 PM
Once VMS had readable files (don't ask!) Kirk had mine back to me in 30 minutes! Were in ECM within the hour.

Rob

bubblyjock
08-28-2008, 05:00 PM
Got my files and loaded them, all I have to say is WOW!! Really woke the car up, actually a little more that I thought. I just want to say thanks to Vector for the amazing work!!:woohoo:

GRRRR8
08-28-2008, 05:05 PM
Glad to hear it! It was easy wasnt it.

bubblyjock
08-28-2008, 05:15 PM
Easier than putting on the Roto-Fab, and that was cake! Now I just wait for Borla to come out with a catback and I am set!!

G8GTlawride
09-02-2008, 04:27 PM
Vector called today, the FXP will arrive Wednesday. Hope all goes well, we'll see! Any suggestions or tips to make this go smoothly? I have windows xp and plenty of laptop, so that won't be a problem.