PDA

View Full Version : Third kill...Mustang with no balls

TonyKarter
02-28-2009, 12:04 PM
Coming home from Houston, the back way through the woods, there is a stretch on FM 1293 that is an 8 mile straight, used to be a railroad tram back in the late 1800's when they first logged the yellow pines to rebuild Chicago after the fire. Nothing out here even now but timber farms. It has a few banked curves before the straight part begins. On the way there, I whoosh pass a newer Mustang whatever, one with the big hood scoop and a somewhat rounded rear clip...what is that anyway, just a GT? Anyway, whoosh pass him on FM 787 so he can hear what I've got, then for a few miles of oncoming traffic he is behind me before we turn left on 1293. I accelerate out slightly from the turn, and I can see him get on it to catch up with me after her turns...fine... I let him get on my bumper, the curves are coming up, he's on my tail, I want to show him the .89 skidpad, I accelerate through several of the turns, either he can't, won't, or the Mustang can't (most likely answer), so I have 50 yards on him or so. So we enter the straight part, no cars coming, I'm at 80 and pull into the oncoming lane and brake so he can pull up beside me, so we can stop and get it from a dead stop. Instead of stopping, he comes past me full-bore and keeps going. Confused that he didn't take the bait, I'm slow to react, but I decide, okay, we'll do the top-end thing. I floor it and don't start closing until 120, then I'm in his slipstream and the G8 closes real fast, he's probably at 130 now, I'm still closing, pull into the other lane and go past him just under 140, thank goodness, 'cause I know it'll shut off at 140 so I don't dare push it to there, and put a few lengths on him so he'll know it's the G8, not the draft. I let off and let him get up beside me, we're at about 130, and I can't get him to even look over at me to tell him to stop it and let's make a real race of it. I used to roadrace a 125cc shifterkart (TonyKart) and I'm comfortable being up beside others at speed. I look over and can see that he is white-knuckled! Probably the scariest thing he has ever done! Finally after about 10-15 seconds with me right beside him he looks over and I motion to him to stop, he smiles and shakes his head "no". What a wuss. So I accelerate away from him about 150 yards and slow. We both run the rest of the straight with that seperation, me hoping that he'll try to pass me and I can show him that the G8 will do it without the draft, but he never tries.

Either he was a wuss, or the Mustang guys have heard about the G8...I think it is both! Kill #3.

PantherGTBlack
02-28-2009, 01:02 PM
nice

GT G8
02-28-2009, 01:03 PM
:usa2:

Blackdevil77
02-28-2009, 01:24 PM
lol. Kid was probably scared/nervous. Nice kill.

GT-610
03-01-2009, 06:13 AM
it took 15-20 seconds for him to look because he was pissing in his pants and wanted to finish before he took his eyes off the road! LOL

Darkside
03-01-2009, 02:17 PM
Don't know about the road you were on but I think most people wouldn't be comfortable coming to a stop on a highway to race a complete stranger.

Devilish34
03-01-2009, 09:17 PM
It seems Mustang GTs and RT Chargers want nothing to do with a G8

TonyKarter
03-09-2009, 05:35 PM
Yeah, I didn't think about that. This was really out in the middle of nowhere. There aren't even powerlines going down the side of the road. Other than the Davis Mountain region of west Texas or the King Ranch, this is about the only other place in Texas you could get lost and maybe not be found.