PDA

View Full Version : AR Header Install?

liquidred1
02-28-2009, 10:26 AM
Why cant a shop remove factory cat and replace with new hi flow cat? Whats the legal issue here? Do i need to go to a muffler shop or the dealer or what?

GRRRR8
02-28-2009, 10:32 AM
Federal law prohibits the removal or relocation of a cat before 8years/80k. Even then most wont remove it as its a huge fine. You cant find someone to install the headers I take it.

-Ray-
02-28-2009, 10:48 AM
What's your location? Inspection required in your state?
If you have a friend and stands, this is something you can do in the garage.
Plenty of us are here to help.

liquidred1
02-28-2009, 10:56 AM
im in omaha NE. No inspections done here. Just wanted to know why a shop here wouldnt do it for me. I am also going to have to get it tuned after i put them on, but nobody here can do it. So ill prob. send it to vms or buy the hptuner vcm suite and do it myself,which would prob take me forever because i have no idea how to tune a vehicle.

i am considering buying some rhino ramps and doing it myself--i hear its not very difficult to do

-Ray-
02-28-2009, 11:01 AM
It's not really, but a lift and a friend go a long way. I have access to a muffler shop, so it was easy peasy japanesy for me.

GRRRR8
02-28-2009, 11:02 AM
im in omaha NE. No inspections done here. Just wanted to know why a shop here wouldnt do it for me. I am also going to have to get it tuned after i put them on, but nobody here can do it. So ill prob. send it to vms or buy the hptuner vcm suite and do it myself,which would prob take me forever because i have no idea how to tune a vehicle.

i am considering buying some rhino ramps and doing it myself--i hear its not very difficult to do

Dont learn how to tune it, use Vectors Flash Express and know itrs right.

liquidred1
02-28-2009, 11:52 AM
just talked to a friend of a friend that has his own muffler shop and he said he didnt care about removing the cats for me as long as i keep it on the down lo. He still wants to look at the car first to see if its something he wants to do.

i guess ill use vector for the tune again but another question is would i be able to have a non-dod cam put in and drive it home without tuning it? I do have a dashhawk to do a crank re-learn. I dont know if that has anything to do with it lol

Gman
02-28-2009, 03:41 PM

VMS is coming out with a handheld tuner in the next few weeks. Something to think about.