PDA

View Full Version : traction control turns off on it own?

r33pwrd
02-28-2009, 09:39 AM
Just as title says when im driving it says its off and I cannot turn it back on until I restart the car? does not always happen but mainly on the freeway? i do have a check engine light from the headers... any ideas?

conipc
02-28-2009, 10:40 AM
Probably the brake pedal sensor. There's a TSB and threads on that on the forum. Requires a dealer computer recalibration. Your brake lights probably stay on, too.

Steve
02-28-2009, 11:43 AM
Had taht with my headers but that was because of a misfire (spark plug not hooked up right). After fixing that it all worked again and I never even got the check engine light again for the headers! (so the check engine light was actually for the misfire).

r33pwrd
02-28-2009, 11:56 AM
my check engine light is for (was for) low catalist... I think its normal with the Kooks... or ARH for that matter.

Darkside
02-28-2009, 12:00 PM
Had mine in for the bulletin as well. Brake lights would stick on and cruise wouldn't work as well.

r33pwrd
02-28-2009, 12:14 PM
Had mine in for the bulletin as well. Brake lights would stick on and cruise wouldn't work as well.

you know what my cruise would not work either! So do they reflash the computer? I hate to bring it in with a check engine light for the cats and have them throw a fit.

conipc
02-28-2009, 02:52 PM
The cruise is also a symptom of the recalibration need, as it "reads" as if the brake is applied...They don't actually reflash but do recalibrate the Body Control Module, not the ECM.

Darkside
02-28-2009, 05:59 PM
Mine happened at 320 miles driving home from the dealer. My wife was following and kept calling me telling me my brakes were on. Then the traction control light went on, then I lost cruise.

'02 ws6
03-02-2009, 12:59 PM
Who needs traction anyways, just go balls to the wall like the mailman, clear skies, rain, sleet, or snow, you'll always be SIDEWAYZZZZ!!!:nah:

Slizzo
03-02-2009, 01:00 PM
Had this issue as well, yes, it's a TSB and the dealer just flashes the BCM. Traction/Stability turns itself off, brake lights go haywire, no cruise.

I have the service slip at home, I'll post up what they did when I find it. Conversely, I have posted it here before, you can just search it.

Here it is: http://www.forum.grrrr8.net/showpost.php?p=34980&postcount=12