PDA

View Full Version : Apparently the universe hates me.

p71
02-28-2009, 09:39 AM
So...

this might be an even shorter ownership than the last one.

Story thus far... bought me an 08 in 08... it was totaled 3 months later. Not my fault... the story is out there.

Bought an 09 here this week. The process is complicated... called various dealers, got quotes... found the best match, got my wife a power of attorney to purchase the car (I run convoys into Iraq, so was not local) and emailed it to her. Dealership says it works. Credit Union said it worked. Everything is good.

Wife signs the loans. Cool. Car is delivered. Cool.

Apparently though the courthouse does not like copies of PoAs so they are holding it up.

So unless I can magic an original PoA to Texas in the next 48 hours I am again carless...

Unless Pontiac corporate decides to step in and hold the rebates for me until that original I mailed out this week gets there.

r33pwrd
02-28-2009, 09:53 AM
I assume your in the service? if so I would think Pontiac would be happy to help you out! In all reality I bet the rebates will stay good until GM is doing better!

p71
02-28-2009, 09:55 AM
Yeah, you would think. problem is there is 2500 in dealer and car show money that evaporates monday.

MANOFSTEEL69
02-28-2009, 10:00 AM
I would think that since the agreement is dated before the expiration, and the fact you are in the service, should keep everything in working order. Have the sales manager or dealership contact their Pontiac rep and explain the circumstances. I'm sure they will take care of you.

G8GT721
02-28-2009, 10:15 AM
I would think that since the agreement is dated before the expiration, and the fact you are in the service, should keep everything in working order. Have the sales manager or dealership contact their Pontiac rep and explain the circumstances. I'm sure they will take care of you.

+1 makes sense to me

-Ray-
02-28-2009, 10:34 AM
POA's usually need a Notary stamp. A copy obviously wouldn't have that. F16 could get it here in time.

R.Penguin
02-28-2009, 10:40 AM
So...

this might be an even shorter ownership than the last one.

Story thus far... bought me an 08 in 08... it was totaled 3 months later. Not my fault... the story is out there.

Bought an 09 here this week. The process is complicated... called various dealers, got quotes... found the best match, got my wife a power of attorney to purchase the car (I run convoys into Iraq, so was not local) and emailed it to her. Dealership says it works. Credit Union said it worked. Everything is good.

Wife signs the loans. Cool. Car is delivered. Cool.

Apparently though the courthouse does not like copies of PoAs so they are holding it up.

So unless I can magic an original PoA to Texas in the next 48 hours I am again carless...

Unless Pontiac corporate decides to step in and hold the rebates for me until that original I mailed out this week gets there.
p71,

It appears that we are reluctant founders of the "Buy one, wreck one and buy a new one in less than 12 months club."
Wow! Are we lucky or what?

On a more positive note, I loved my '08 MGM, but I gotta admit I love my '09 Pacific Slate even more!

So fight those muthas'. :p

p71
02-28-2009, 10:52 AM
p71,

It appears that we are reluctant founders of the "Buy one, wreck one and buy a new one in less than 12 months club."
Wow! Are we lucky or what?

On a more positive note, I loved my '08 MGM, but I gotta admit I love my '09 Pacific Slate even more!

So fight those muthas'. :p

May turn out to be buy two of them... or maybe GM don't need my money no more.... I mean I have only bought 4 of their cars from them in the last 2 have be touting their products for decades.

Maybe I should get a 135i...

TonyKarter
02-28-2009, 11:04 AM
Honey, Where's my gun?

p71
02-28-2009, 11:06 AM
POA's usually need a Notary stamp. A copy obviously wouldn't have that. F16 could get it here in time.

actually it has an notary stamp it is just not embossed like the original. I fly an M915 not a F-16 unfortunately.

R.Penguin
02-28-2009, 11:23 AM
May turn out to be buy two of them... or maybe GM don't need my money no more.... I mean I have only bought 4 of their cars from them in the last 2 have be touting their products for decades.

Maybe I should get a 135i...
Lemmee know if you need a letter written to someone here in the states. I have lot's of experience writing "F*ck Y*u letters in a very gentlemanly SP? way. :p

08 GT MGM Premium Sport RIP!

p71
02-28-2009, 11:45 AM
Thanks Bro, much love...

I am actually fairly good at those letters myself.

In unrelated news, try Firefox, it has a built in spell check that works when you are typing on here.

How is the wife?

R.Penguin
02-28-2009, 11:55 AM
Thanks 71, wife is better every day if she doesn't try to lift anything heavy, like a penguin. :p My right thumb is healing oddly and I still can't find anything in either car that would have caused that kind of wound.:uhm:

TurboSS
02-28-2009, 05:36 PM
dude that sucks....hope it works out for you. i fly for republic airways out of stl. what is a M915? nevermind i just looked it up....thats a big heavy TRUCK!!

4 DOR VTT
02-28-2009, 07:04 PM
I work for a dealer you schould be fine, the bank and GM both accepted the deal correct?
If the answer is yes then you will be ok, the court house can't cancel a loan and the papers are signed so F**Kem the car is yours and mail them the papers they need ASAP or sooner:boxing:

I've been selling over 8 years and you should be ok!

p71
03-01-2009, 06:30 AM
problem is they have not filed the sale with GM yet...

I sent new PoAs via FedEX... they claim to be able them there in tree business days. Sunday is a business day in the Arabic world so that means Tuesday or Wednesday in the states. dealership said they have 4 days after the end of deals to get paperwork pushed and still get the rebates... so...

NYG8GT
03-01-2009, 01:16 PM
So this is how our government treats our servicemen while theyre thousands of miles away trying to do something to stimulate our economy. Thats fantastic, makes me want to :puke: Good luck man hope it all gets straightened out for ya.

Jag
03-01-2009, 05:45 PM
Well I hope everything works out for you. I have been in the AF for 13 years now and it seems like everything bad always happens when I'm deployed. Last year while in Iraq the heater went out in our 2 year old house. The guy that the wife called came out and fixed it for free because I was gone. Sometimes things do work out. Good luck and remember keep your head down. Come back safe.

p71
03-02-2009, 12:37 AM
Well I hope everything works out for you. I have been in the AF for 13 years now and it seems like everything bad always happens when I'm deployed. Last year while in Iraq the heater went out in our 2 year old house. The guy that the wife called came out and fixed it for free because I was gone. Sometimes things do work out. Good luck and remember keep your head down. Come back safe.

2005- deployed to KCIA, the toilet in my house backed up and ran for two months, 20K damage to the house... lived in a hotel for two months when I got back.

Jag
03-02-2009, 11:33 AM
That sucks! Luckily for us we have only deployed once together, so one of us is usually home. It is getting tough for one of us to be home though. She is a flight engineer and I'm a flying crew chief both on the C-130's. Hopefully these deployments will start slowing down some, but I just don't see it with either of our jobs.