PDA

View Full Version : That same old question in another format

piecesparts
02-27-2009, 01:21 PM
So what are you guys doing if you have a flat? I just got the 09 GT with the Sport Package and would like to know; if there really is a source for some kind of spare. even if you had to put the smaller one on the front and run one of the fronts on the rear to get home. What are the lug nut wrench sizes and what is the bolt pattern for these wheels? sounds like a lot, but I am working on a reality approach to this. The car that I just traded, never had the spare on the ground (in 14 years) however it is a possibility at any time.

cobrakid
02-27-2009, 01:25 PM
The coolest thing to do is find one of the many people selling their "old" wheels.
You can get a practically new 19 inch wheel and tire from $200-$300 complete, and stick
in your trunk.

I can't remember the lug size right off hand. *note the black covers just pop straight off.
I tried to turn them off, I thought they were threaded.

Also, some people on here offer a new space saver spare, but I like the original replacement idea better.

I'm too poor for either, so I just pray for no trouble. LOL

Good luck, nice color too.

DRCUSTOMPARTS
02-27-2009, 03:56 PM
The compressor/tire sealant will get you to a tire repair shop if you get a flat tire, then you can have them plug the tire. Or you can buy a tire plug kit like I did, and plug the tire yourself when you get home.

If you want to get a spare wheel & tire, the bolt pattern is 5x120 for our wheels. You'll also need a 22mm lug wrench and a scissors jack with handle too.

EcoBrick Bob
02-27-2009, 04:45 PM
I'd like to know where to get that "car stretcher" that you have with your avatar!!!!!
Need more rear seat room!

GRRRR8
02-27-2009, 06:07 PM
You can get the spare tire kit from Pace Performance also that comes in the non GT model.

piecesparts
02-28-2009, 07:42 AM
You can get the spare tire kit from Pace Performance also that comes in the non GT model.

My read of the "Spare Tire Kit" from Pace (PAC-G8SPARE) is that it has everything but one important item. The spare tire. I would have to believe that tools can be gathered anywhere, but the right spare is the trick.