PDA

View Full Version : CAI and Stealth Tune=good warranty?

fiveoh
02-27-2009, 06:55 AM
I'd like to keep the warranty good on my car for at least the first year. I was thinking if I do CAI and a stealth tune I shouldn't have a problem. What do you guys think? That will give me some time to save up for exhaust/cam as well.

Yes I realize it depends on the dealer but from what I hear a CAI is pretty safe and a VMS stealth tune would mean they couldnt tell I've got a tune right?

p71
02-27-2009, 06:57 AM
right

foreosu
02-27-2009, 07:59 AM
You should be good. I'm getting the same package done in a few weeks and have the same concerns as you.

Devilish34
02-27-2009, 08:11 AM
I'd like to keep the warranty good on my car for at least the first year. I was thinking if I do CAI and a stealth tune I shouldn't have a problem. What do you guys think? That will give me some time to save up for exhaust/cam as well.

Yes I realize it depends on the dealer but from what I hear a CAI is pretty safe and a VMS stealth tune would mean they couldnt tell I've got a tune right?

If you have any doubt buy the new ECM and switch them out when/if you have to take it in. $200 for peace of mind is worth it.

fiveoh
02-27-2009, 09:26 AM
If you have any doubt buy the new ECM and switch them out when/if you have to take it in. $200 for peace of mind is worth it.

Ya I probably will. Im just waiting on vararam intake and for VMS to get a tune for it. :woohoo:

UGotSmkd
02-27-2009, 04:01 PM
Yep, it will be the stealth tune for me. Dealers don't care about CAI's at all, so you should have no worries.

fiveoh
02-27-2009, 07:06 PM
Missouri City huh? I work there and my parents live there. What colors your car?

UGotSmkd
02-27-2009, 08:10 PM
Missouri City huh? I work there and my parents live there. What colors your car?

It's White Hot. Where about in Mo. City?

gobluedave
03-07-2009, 09:45 AM
Ya I probably will. Im just waiting on vararam intake and for VMS to get a tune for it. :woohoo:

How many more hp are you expecting from this combo over the rotofab + tune & new era + tune?

Also, a question for anybody. How can a tune be stealth?

bigwillys58
03-07-2009, 11:05 AM
not only that but wouldnt a dealer re-flash erase the VMS stealth tune?? maybe that would be worth the extra ECM also...

fiveoh
03-07-2009, 09:14 PM
How many more hp are you expecting from this combo over the rotofab + tune & new era + tune?

Also, a question for anybody. How can a tune be stealth?

Not any hard numbers on the vararam that i've seen yet... but hoping for 5-10hp more then similar CAI/Tune combos. We'll see

todds87ss
03-08-2009, 07:24 AM
not only that but wouldnt a dealer re-flash erase the VMS stealth tune?? maybe that would be worth the extra ECM also...

IIRC, if this happens, Kirk will provide a free reflash (plus cable rental?)