PDA

View Full Version : Caliper bolts

mwoodrow
10-01-2014, 10:39 AM
So I went to order 4 caliper bolts for the cts v brake upgrade, part number 18041878, until I saw where shipping for these 4 bolts was gonna be almost 15 dollars, is this right?? Seems really high. Would love to get them from a forum sponsor but at 36 dollars for the bolts and shipping, I might as well not wait and go to the dealer.

MongosG8
10-05-2014, 03:41 PM
Did you happen to check with Greg from Pace Performance? I ordered mine from Pace great price quick turnaround

Send a PM to Greg and see what he can do for you

gear7979
10-06-2014, 12:57 PM
I can tell you from personal experience, as I just did my 6 pot swap this past Saturday. The stock length factory V caliper bolts are actually too long, they fit on a 2 piece V rotor (it is what I used) but I am sure I could have used something a tad shorter. The dimensions were 14x2x55 for the stock V bolt, could easily accept a 14x2x45 and still have a thread or two poke out from the end.

Greg@PacePerformance
10-06-2014, 01:34 PM
Yes you have to use the correct length bolts :)
The G8 has an iron front knuckle so it is slightly thinner than the Camaro and CTS-V which use an aluminum knuckle and longer bolts :)

You need to know the correct application to borrow bolts from for the G8

mwoodrow
10-06-2014, 06:59 PM
Well the part number I asked about was the one that had been used by others before so I assumed it is the correct one. My question was only pertaining to the shipping being so high. Was hoping for an answer sooner but already ordered from somewhere else. Thanks.