View Full Version : VIR Full Course August 25 - Video

Doug Hilliard
09-01-2014, 02:02 PM
Here's a few laps from the 25th with TrackDaze:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzoK7-YyWRw
RzoK7-YyWRw

Eidolon
09-01-2014, 05:43 PM
Good grief, Doug... You're bookin' it! I'm sure you're glad you've got those bigger front brakes, now!

TooManyHobbies
09-01-2014, 05:56 PM
I gotta stop watching your videos!

Doug Hilliard
09-01-2014, 08:12 PM
Ran a 2:17 in that session Kevin! The CTS-V V1 brakes are amazing! They always inspired confidence and never evidenced the slightest fade.

Doug Hilliard
09-01-2014, 08:13 PM
I gotta stop watching your videos!

You've got to do it sometime! So much fun!

toedrag
09-02-2014, 03:50 AM
Great driving! Certainly the organizers will put you in the next run group soon? b/c your line seems incredibly consistent, you respect passing rules, and you're obviously much faster than your peers.

That facility is really picturesque; great looking track surface, lush green grass, etc.

Doug Hilliard
09-02-2014, 05:47 AM
Great driving! Certainly the organizers will put you in the next run group soon? b/c your line seems incredibly consistent, you respect passing rules, and you're obviously much faster than your peers.

That facility is really picturesque; great looking track surface, lush green grass, etc.
Yeah, I'll probably move up to the Advanced group next time out. They just repaved the track over the winter; it was great before but even better now!

GXPaycheck
09-02-2014, 09:48 AM
Nice runs! Too bad you had all those slow cars out there :auto:

Eidolon
09-02-2014, 09:53 AM
2:17 in a 4000lb family sedan... Crazy! Your lines do like nice. Makes me look forward to getting back out there, myself. I know I'm rusty.
And yeah, VIR's great. I love the place. It feels like a sprawling country farm, but with a race track in the middle.

LDM
09-02-2014, 01:47 PM
Great driving Doug. It looks like you had a blast.

-Ray-
09-05-2014, 01:40 AM
Doug, thanks for the ride along!

jpG8GT
09-05-2014, 05:29 AM
Awesome driving and what a cool track. Would love to drive VIR. I might make it to mid ohio this weekend in the ACR viper.

jpG8GT
09-05-2014, 05:45 AM
Awesome driving and what a cool track. Would love to drive VIR. I might make it to mid ohio this weekend in the ACR viper.

Doug Hilliard
09-05-2014, 06:47 AM
Doug, thanks for the ride along!
You're certainly welcome Ray; glad you enjoyed it!

Thanks! VIR is a beautiful place and a fun track; technical but great for horsepower cars too. I'd love to see some video from the Viper if you go!!! Let me know if you have a youtube channel where I can check out vids if you have them; it's fun to watch track driving!

Carl@Vaporworx
09-05-2014, 01:59 PM
Nicely done Doug! Good thing you backed out long before the esses. That Rick Crawford engine can build up quite a head of steam if you stayed in it much longer, and that second set gets many cars awfully upset.

Many folks focus too much on engines, drivetrain, etc. for road courses. To really go fast you need great brakes that inspire confidence!

I was hoping OLOA was going back to VIR this year to run on the re-pave, but no. It's good to hear that the re-pave has turned out well. The new track at the National Corvette Museum will be the closest we get.

Doug Hilliard
09-06-2014, 07:17 PM
Nicely done Doug! Good thing you backed out long before the esses. That Rick Crawford engine can build up quite a head of steam if you stayed in it much longer, and that second set gets many cars awfully upset.

Many folks focus too much on engines, drivetrain, etc. for road courses. To really go fast you need great brakes that inspire confidence!

I was hoping OLOA was going back to VIR this year to run on the re-pave, but no. It's good to hear that the re-pave has turned out well. The new track at the National Corvette Museum will be the closest we get.
Thanks Carl! Your controller is doing a great job for me! The climbing esses are one of my favorite parts of the track; I was able to go through them at around 110 this time out and hope to increase that again in November! Sad you guys won't be running VIR this time.

-Ray-
09-07-2014, 02:58 AM
Watched it full screen on dougtube. :)

BarnesGN
09-07-2015, 04:25 PM
Doug that is an awesome video. I need to get out there haven't been in a few years.

Doug Hilliard
09-07-2015, 05:37 PM
Doug that is an awesome video. I need to get out there haven't been in a few years.

Thanks! Hoping to go Nov 9 or 10th.