PDA

View Full Version : Door rattle!

Blown396
08-26-2014, 07:36 AM
It seems like the doors are rattling in the jams on my car. If I go over uneven pavement,small pot hole, or expansion joint, it seems like the doors are rattling in the jams of the car. Anyone else experience this? Could it be bad hinges or pins?

Thanks,

Eric

GM Customer Service
08-26-2014, 09:51 AM
It seems like the doors are rattling in the jams on my car. If I go over uneven pavement,small pot hole, or expansion joint, it seems like the doors are rattling in the jams of the car. Anyone else experience this? Could it be bad hinges or pins?

Thanks,

Eric

Hi Eric,

I saw your other post in the G8Board forum too. I’ve responded to that one as well, but just in case you didn’t see it yet I had recommended you reach out to your dealer to see about looking into the rattling in your doors. Or, if you’d like us to contact them on your behalf, we can do that as well. Just send us a private message with your VIN, current mileage, full contact information and preferred dealer information.

Regards,

Claudia
GM Customer Care

travis gore
08-26-2014, 11:56 AM
look at post #5
http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=10775

soup070
08-26-2014, 04:44 PM
I actually had my drivers door taken apart twice to fix the rattle in 2009. The first was to realign the door striker like I stated in my post, the other time was to fix the window from rattling in the door when rolled down. Just a FYI never close your door with the window door, or close it with any strength. There's a bulletin out about it that I got it fixed, in the door there is a pin that when the window was down scratched my tint when rolled down.

http://www.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=10331&highlight=Door+scratch+tint

It fixed most of my door rattle both window down and up, but every g8 even the new SS doors sounds hollow when closed. Right now my 8 is at dealer just having the fuel tank drained because of bad gas so I had them fix the rattle in the back door. Now that rattle was made following them changing that door lock celiniod, probably not getting the lock/window cables back in the holders before sealing it up.

Blown396
09-23-2014, 08:05 PM
I ordered four new strikers today from Pace. The plastic on the striker for the driver side is really worn away. I think this may be allowing the door to "bounce" in the jamb. Now, I need to order the actual door lock/switch mechanism. My radio doesn't turn off when the key is off and I open the door. :(

Eric