PDA

View Full Version : What brand of carwash from local store?

fiveoh
02-26-2009, 09:29 AM
I need to pick up some car wash solution from my local automotive store. I ordered a bunch of adams stuff on Wednesday but it wont be here till next week. Meanwhile a tree decided to drump a crapload of pollen all over my car. Any suggestions on what to pick up to wash it that I can get at an autozone?

GRRRR8
02-26-2009, 09:30 AM
Adams products are GRRRR8, but if you want it local Mothers or Meguairs

piecesparts
02-27-2009, 01:29 PM
You definitely want a Ph balanced soap. I use the Mequires and hand wash all of my vehicles. It tends to leave the finsh without etching into the paint sealant or polishes.

Kermit
02-27-2009, 01:58 PM
Adams products are GRRRR8, but if you want it local Mothers or Meguairs

I agree with Charlie. I use Meguairs when I don't have any Zanio.

TonyKarter
02-27-2009, 04:14 PM
Why don't you wait until pollen season is over. That pollen is a crystal, like sand...you gonna' grind that stuff into your car's surface several times this spring? I'm going to pull mine into the garage until the pines and everything else gets it over with. Then I'm gonna' wash it- once. Think of it as our own little winter hiatus like the guys up north have to deal with. Hope you have got a leafblower to dry it too. Those water beads you will be drying off will already have attracted tons of new pollen...you going to wipe dry them and scrape some more micro scratches into it too?
Is it more important for it to look good now, or forever?
Might want to put it up during black bug season, too!

-Ray-
02-27-2009, 05:25 PM
Friggin pollen. LOL It snowed here today.

piecesparts
02-27-2009, 05:40 PM
Pollen-smollen---It is cold one day and warm the next here. If the pollen were out, then I would watch out for it, BUUUUUTTTTTT cold rain and snow don't dew pollen.

fiveoh
02-28-2009, 12:37 PM
Why don't you wait until pollen season is over. That pollen is a crystal, like sand...you gonna' grind that stuff into your car's surface several times this spring? I'm going to pull mine into the garage until the pines and everything else gets it over with. Then I'm gonna' wash it- once. Think of it as our own little winter hiatus like the guys up north have to deal with. Hope you have got a leafblower to dry it too. Those water beads you will be drying off will already have attracted tons of new pollen...you going to wipe dry them and scrape some more micro scratches into it too?
Is it more important for it to look good now, or forever?
Might want to put it up during black bug season, too!

Wish I could it's my DD I have to drive it to work. I live in Apts so I changed my parking spot away from the tree with the pollen..... until last night when a diff Fing tree did t he same thing. Gonna have to try another spot. I dont want to grind the pollen into it but I also get bug guts/bird poop that I need to wash off so I gotta clean it. I try to spray it off real good with water and get most of the polllen before I actually start washing it.

PantherGTBlack
02-28-2009, 12:42 PM
i like using zymol wash concentrate...does a very good job, and it doesn't seem to take off any wax.

Gman
02-28-2009, 03:48 PM
I've been using the Mr Clean auto dry and it work real good. No hand drying and no dry spot....nice.:)

gearhead455
02-28-2009, 08:01 PM
I'll be using a car cover. :)

jboogie
03-02-2009, 02:21 PM
I use Eagle One NanoWash. It has something in it that lets the water sheet off the car and it doesnt strip off your wax. I also use the Mr Clean car wash thingy (to spray soap onto the car and rinse it with filtered water).. I also hook my garden hose up to my water softer and blow the water off with a leaf blower when done. If your anal about the polen. just do simple wash job to keep it to a minimum then clay bar the whole car. The mothers clay bar kit along with the showtime shine works grrr8!!!

'02 ws6
03-02-2009, 02:44 PM
I agree with Charlie. I use Meguairs when I don't have any Zanio.

Not having Zaino is a sin you know that right!:hang::nah:

piecesparts
03-02-2009, 06:02 PM
I use Eagle One NanoWash. It has something in it that lets the water sheet off the car and it doesnt strip off your wax. I also use the Mr Clean car wash thingy (to spray soap onto the car and rinse it with filtered water).. I also hook my garden hose up to my water softer and blow the water off with a leaf blower when done. If your anal about the polen. just do simple wash job to keep it to a minimum then clay bar the whole car. The mothers clay bar kit along with the showtime shine works grrr8!!!

Remember, with the soft water comes the salt that was used to soften it. You give up one evil for another.

jboogie
03-03-2009, 06:06 AM
The water in my city is super hard and using the soft water is necessary. I also have one of those inline water filters that filters the soft water. I havent had any problems with water spots and scratches from the salt even on my wifes Black Explorer.

http://products.geappliances.com/MarketingObjectRetrieval/Dispatcher?RequestType=Image&Name=038944.jpg