PDA

View Full Version : ARH vs KOOKS

mjf232
02-26-2009, 09:27 AM
I want to do a header system and want to know the general feel on which system is better. I think both are in the same park as far as price so which do you guys prefer.

GRRRR8
02-26-2009, 09:28 AM
I prefer the ARH do the ease of installation and 1 piece X-pipe.

Steve
02-26-2009, 09:51 AM
ARH all the way

MANOFSTEEL69
02-26-2009, 10:06 AM
ARH with the Kooks Gen II mufflers....Best of both worlds!
BlackBerry9530/4.7.0.109 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

todds87ss
02-26-2009, 10:49 AM
Apparently, you get what you pay for. ARH costs more.

99-LS1-SS
02-26-2009, 10:52 AM
I've never dealt with either but based on the reviews I've seen here I went with the ARH. They should be showing up on my doorstep any day now.

GeorgeInNePa
02-26-2009, 11:44 AM
Arh

MojaveG8
02-26-2009, 12:39 PM
I would certainly agree that ARH are great and they do cost a bit more. I will just say I am thrilled with my KOOKS. The quality is very good and the install was what I expected ,but I have not compared it to the ARH install so I would go with the guys above on that. You win either way

Ktlplxm
02-26-2009, 04:52 PM
I have no complaints about my Kooks either. Install was straight forward and simple

-Ray-
02-26-2009, 08:11 PM
ARH. Quality product, and customer service is at the top of their game.

r33pwrd
02-26-2009, 08:15 PM
so far i have done 2 sets of kooks and one ARH (install) the ARH where a bit easier to install but end result IMO was the same and the koos where a few hundred less... pick your poison :)

Blackdevil77
02-26-2009, 08:24 PM
ARH. Incredible quality system, insanely durable, and you wont find anybody out there with ANYTHING in this world that will stand behind this product like Nick and them down at ARH. They are simply the best. PERIOD!

bigwillys58
02-26-2009, 08:49 PM
I have no complaints about my Kooks either. Install was straight forward and simple
X2. did mine by my self in about 7 hrs start to finish with no lift and not busting ass by any means... and that was after tiggin in my o2 bung (kinda felt bad for punchin a hole in the collector of a brand new header). its been mentioned before about tunnel brace spacers with the kooks and no matter how much i fought with the x pipe, i couldnt make it work with out clearance issues. very minor problem imo. still a great product though and was a little bit more friendly to my wallet... i dont believe ive ever heard anything bad about the ARHs and if charlies using them then they have to be GRRRR8!! either way theyre both way better than the stock "restricter plate" that comes in these red dragons... (random movie quotes anyone??)

a couple install pics and other misc g8 pics here >>>http://s147.photobucket.com/albums/r301/bigwillys58/08%20G8%20GT/

A.R. Headers
02-28-2009, 09:26 PM
Guys, I'd like to quickly address the cost issue. There's more going on to differentiate our system from others. By design and materials used, our systems cost more to produce. Fact is all our systems, regardless of vehicle type, cost more to produce. We can easily find ways to reduce costs and pass it on to our customers but that would require us making comprimises to our quality and that we simply refuse to do. Bottom line here, you'll pay more for ARH but you'll get more.

Nick

Nick

GRRRR8
02-28-2009, 09:44 PM
I personally dont base my decisions on price. Not even if its free. I only like to do things once and I am very picky. Nick/ARH have kept my "Pickyometer" at zero since I have used their products.

Ktlplxm
03-01-2009, 08:35 AM
Anyone that has ever read my posts knows that price rarely is a concern of mine either. I've never heard anything bad about the ARH's, but my Kook's were a little easier to come by when I needed them the next day. I've seen both systems and heard both systems; both are great. I don't think the tunnel brace fitment should really even be an issue since it does nothing anyway, and those of us who want a brace there are more likely than not going to buy an aftermarket piece. Look at them both on the important things; do they make roughly the same power (yes), do they allow easy access to plugs (yes), do either of them scrape the ground under normal driving (no), will both of them last the life of the car (more likely than not). If you want to save a little buy the Kooks, if you don't care about that buy the ARH's, but neither is gonna really out perform the other by much.

G8GT721
03-01-2009, 03:42 PM
i will be going with ARH because of all the reviews from the people above

bigwillys58
03-02-2009, 04:23 PM
I personally dont base my decisions on price. Not even if its free. i believe you git what you pay for by all means... im normally the one to buy brand X over brand Y just because it costs more but i read and read and read some more and the only real complaints i could ever find about the kooks was for the lack of tunnel brace spacers so i figgured i could put the extra money toward somethin else... after all i do live in the state with the worst economy ever. sorry im not trying to start a pissing match.
i guess what im tryin to say is the last little bit of what ktlplxm said...