PDA

View Full Version : What mods do you have done?

G8chick
08-01-2014, 04:44 AM
I'm looking for a few ideas, so what mods do you guys have done? So far I just have rims, tint and tinted tails. I'm thinkin of night shading my corner markers and fender signals. I'm also thinking of intake, tbs, exhaust. Possibly get a front splitter. Is there any tunes available for our cars yet? Has anyone tried one if available?

MongosG8
08-01-2014, 08:30 AM
I can say for myself ..Not enough.

Its up to you if you want show mods or Go mods.

I would start with CAI intake and exhaust and a tune ..that will give yo some basic go mods right there.
They're plenty of places that have tunes for our G8s ..we have some vendors on the forum that are well known tuners.

HP tuners, Livernois. PatG Remote tunes , VectorMotorsports,

You have had held Tuners ..Superchip Cortex is the most popular hand held tuner..you can find them for sale on the forum from other members.

Im sure others will give you more suggestions.

LDM
08-01-2014, 08:47 AM
I can say for myself ..Not enough.

Its up to you if you want show mods or Go mods.

I would start with CAI intake and exhaust and a tune ..that will give yo some basic go mods right there.
They're plenty of places that have tunes for our G8s ..we have some vendors on the forum that are well known tuners.

HP tuners, Livernois. PatG Remote tunes , VectorMotorsports,

You have had held Tuners ..Superchip Cortex is the most popular hand held tuner..you can find them for sale on the forum from other members.

Im sure others will give you more suggestions.

Keep in mind she's talking about the V6. I know Roto-Fab makes an intake for it. There are exhaust options out there. I'm not sure if there are any good tuning options readily available.

MongosG8
08-01-2014, 09:00 AM
Keep in mind she's talking about the V6. I know Roto-Fab makes an intake for it. There are exhaust options out there. I'm not sure if there are any good tuning options readily available.

Thanks Len!! ..didn't realize it was for the V6.

Chewy
08-01-2014, 09:06 AM
I have to believe HPTuners would work on it right?

travis gore
08-01-2014, 09:07 AM
Didn't Hazer get a tune for his v6

travis gore
08-01-2014, 09:08 AM
I have to believe HPTuners would work on it right?

Should but there would probably be no VE tables for the v6

Chewy
08-01-2014, 09:20 AM
I think he did! Plus there's a guy running cams in his V6 so I have to believe he's tuned.

Hazer put a V8 in his car now though... First one I'm aware of.

Blk.drgn@hotmail.com
08-01-2014, 09:42 AM
Im already on the look out for rear gears for Art and I, should make the car feel 1000lbs lighter. Ill keep my eye open for you too.

G8chick
08-01-2014, 10:48 AM
Ok, I know there are a few tunes in the works for V6 too, I would love to cam my car too I'm hoping by the time I do intake, tbs, exhaust someone will have a tune available so all of those things will be done

travis gore
08-01-2014, 02:05 PM
here you go
http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=29762

search the threads that Hazer396 started. He to my knowledge has done more to the V6 then any one else

mjmartni
10-23-2014, 11:56 AM
Wait4meperformance said they can tune the v6 think they out of indiana

mjmartni
10-30-2014, 06:39 AM
I got my solo exhaust kn air filter just ordered overkill tune and ordering my headers and high flow cats