PDA

View Full Version : EC’s gadget holder

EC-Ryder
08-20-2008, 08:20 AM
It’s not as much fun IMO having a gadget, without the perfect viewing angle to maximize the enjoyment of your purchase.
So with that in mind and after the old trial and error method, I found what works for me as perfect to hold several numbers of gadgets on the G8 in the perfect viewing angle, that being where the infamous and loved by all, (except for me of course) Atari gauges would be.

But this gadget holder I believe is a good compromise for all, as it will allow U to keep our beloved Atari gauges intact while giving your favorite gadget a place to be highly viewable, without damaging\modifying your interior and have it secure and stable all the same.

Moreover, it goes far enough inside the Atari slut, and the base footing does not hang out, uses no sticking tape, or even suction. That’s right she doesn’t suck either unfortunately, even though she goes into the slut well, she’s no truck stop lizard :o(

Pics1-3 show the unit which is made by Bracketron; Low-Pro Windshield Mount. I purchased it at BestBuy retail store for $20.00 so I could take it back if it didn’t workout for me, but it did much better than expected.

The install\removal is a snipe job even for me, once U get the right adjustment on the suction lever. (pic4) It (lever) acts as a anchor or wedge but without any force and with the bottom footing providing a slip resistant surface. All U need is for the lever to just barely touch the top of the Atari dash slut location. Then U simply hold up and tilt top upwards and down as U slide it home to papa’. The same goes for removal, up and out.

I may high light a couple of more devices no road warrior should leave home without later, same board…Same channel, please stay tuned to this station.

Some day I'll have it all!

Cheers!

GRRRR8
08-20-2008, 08:23 AM
Great mounting option EC. Does it get wet? :rofl:

EC-Ryder
08-20-2008, 08:25 AM
Great mounting option EC. Does it get wet? :rofl:

LOL! I'm not going there...LOL!

Chewy
08-20-2008, 08:27 AM
Did yours not come with a ram mount option?

EC-Ryder
08-20-2008, 08:30 AM
Did yours not come with a ram mount option?

LOL!

Life is not that perfect

But some day I'll have it all!

Cheers!

Chewy
08-20-2008, 08:34 AM
LOL!

Life is not that perfect

But some day I'll have it all!

Cheers!

Mine must be perfect if that's the criteria... lol

:D