PDA

View Full Version : Dyno pulls for the Cortex

locrzn#92
02-25-2009, 03:41 AM
I have an appt Friday morning for some dyno pull at Percy's performance here at the Lake of the Ozarks. I'll find out if the Cortex pulls as good as it feels. I may do one pull stock with just a Cai then switch to Cortex 91 tune or I may just leave it as is and thats it. I did 3 pulls on the Power Tour under less then ideal condition. They were having problems with the dyno computer so I don't really feel I received accurate results. I'll post results later Friday morning.

h34d
03-02-2009, 09:30 AM
Any updates? :watch:

'02 ws6
03-02-2009, 06:42 PM
Interested as well :watch:x2

JerzeyGT
03-02-2009, 06:51 PM
move over... let me get in on this :watch:

SLVRG8GT
03-02-2009, 07:10 PM
I have an appt Friday morning for some dyno pull at Percy's performance here at the Lake of the Ozarks. I'll find out if the Cortex pulls as good as it feels. I may do one pull stock with just a Cai then switch to Cortex 91 tune or I may just leave it as is and thats it. I did 3 pulls on the Power Tour under less then ideal condition. They were having problems with the dyno computer so I don't really feel I received accurate results. I'll post results later Friday morning.

Monday night. :hang:

SLVRG8GT
03-09-2009, 10:43 AM
So much for those dyno numbers I guess

:watch: = :confused: + :disgust: = :deadhorse:

Chewy
03-09-2009, 11:29 AM
Maybe it ran lean and Sploded! lol

SRG963
03-09-2009, 12:58 PM
He might be waiting for the 93 tune, it should be released this week :)

-Ray-
03-09-2009, 03:18 PM
Which Friday? :)

SLVRG8GT
03-09-2009, 04:21 PM
He might be waiting for the 93 tune, it should be released this week :)
Stop teasing! :nud:

locrzn#92
03-09-2009, 06:56 PM
I did a couple and the engine was running a little rich. The tune is not really for the CAI I have and mainly for stock air box. So, I'm waiting for the 93 tune and hoping SC will have the tune for the CAI's. Still having a shit load of fun driving with the cortex. Seem to be burning a lot of 91 octane, must be the heavy foot. We were going to mess with it a bit, but, ran out of time as they were booked to heavy for the day. We'll get it done later. Some guy drove a bunch of miles to get there and I didn't want to hold him up for his dyno pulls. I apoligize for not posting earlier, but, just too old to remember. Also waiting for the weather to break to get back to the track. Tough crowd, especially if Ray is involved in the discussion. Hows the weather in Indiana Ray? LOL

bwooten492
03-09-2009, 07:31 PM
Maybe it ran lean and Sploded! lol

Nah it will run crazy rich and lose power. Thats what mine did.

SRG963
03-10-2009, 02:52 AM
Nah it will run crazy rich and lose power. Thats what mine did.

I've asked Superchips to adjust their tune to get the A/F ratio at WOT to 12.9.
Hopefully, we will see this in the new tunes.

locrzn#92
03-10-2009, 03:24 AM
Thats what we determined, mid 12's would help the situation. Srg is correct, they do that and its gonna be a much better tune. The stock afr is in the mid 12's, they are just keeping it safe. Its coming and I've got all the time in takes to get it right. No hurry, life is good.

GTPprix
03-10-2009, 03:31 AM
I've asked Superchips to adjust their tune to get the A/F ratio at WOT to 12.9.
Hopefully, we will see this in the new tunes.

Like I've alluded to in the past I think you'll find Superchips does NOT modify the fueling per EPA/CARB regulations hence why people aren’t seeing gains on par with other tuning solutions.

I'd be VERY surprised to see otherwise given what occurred at SEMA a few years back.

99-LS1-SS
03-10-2009, 03:50 AM
I'd be VERY surprised to see otherwise given what occurred at SEMA a few years back.

Do tell.

Devilish34
03-10-2009, 03:58 AM
Yes please what happened?

-Ray-
03-10-2009, 05:24 AM
I did a couple and the engine was running a little rich. The tune is not really for the CAI I have and mainly for stock air box. So, I'm waiting for the 93 tune and hoping SC will have the tune for the CAI's. Still having a shit load of fun driving with the cortex. Seem to be burning a lot of 91 octane, must be the heavy foot. We were going to mess with it a bit, but, ran out of time as they were booked to heavy for the day. We'll get it done later. Some guy drove a bunch of miles to get there and I didn't want to hold him up for his dyno pulls. I apoligize for not posting earlier, but, just too old to remember. Also waiting for the weather to break to get back to the track. Tough crowd, especially if Ray is involved in the discussion. Hows the weather in Indiana Ray? LOL

Thanks for the update. Most of the rain went North of us? :)

GTPprix
03-10-2009, 06:13 AM
Short version is EPA reps showed up at SEMA and visited quite a few (I think all) handheld companies and put them on notice (granted I dont have the EXACT details) but the gist I got of it from the guys at Superchips at the show after this happened was that any product that COULD be sold to someone in Cali must be CARB approved, not change emissions ect. This is why people fought for years to get handheld companies to do a tune for the Trailblazer SS with a CAI yet nothing materialized. In fact I dont know of ANY handhelds made by a large company that support intake changes as those intakes would have to be CARB approved ect, its a pretty bad cycle.

If thats changed I'd be suprised but at the time they were FREAKING OUT as I was trying to buy about a thousand units to put custom tunes on (superchips by FAR has the best handheld and supported applications). If this has changed I apologize but like I said as I'm sure you guys see it would explain an aweful lot.