PDA

View Full Version : What Chargers should I race and which should I not?

TonyKarter
02-24-2009, 07:50 PM
Still haven't seen another G8 here in Snuff Gully, but there are a few Chargers running around and I'm gonna come up against one someday and I want to know which ones I may beat and which one I may not. Help an old fart not get embarrassed in front of his family if you will...I used to know my Mopars pretty good, but lately I'm a little confused.
If they have spoilers on the trunk but no decals/graphics, is that a hot one I better leave alone? I'm bone stock. There's a lime green one that the high school principal drives that says "Daytona" in cutout letters on the rear quarter panel (black side stripe)...do I break a stick off in his ass or will he break one off in mine? Is his an SRT? WTF is an SRT? Any others I better leave alone?
While your at it, go ahead and compare and contrast the Jeffersonian and Hamiltonian theories of democracy for me too.

99-LS1-SS
02-24-2009, 07:51 PM
Race them ALL!!!!

GRRRR8
02-24-2009, 07:54 PM
SRT-8s are the only thing that can beat you if you are stock. R/Ts are turds! I raced one with CAI/Flowmasters/Diablo Tune when I was 100% stock and beat him by 3 multiple times. Now when I see him he does not even try.

TonyKarter
02-24-2009, 07:59 PM
I fear my suthun' hona' might be besmirched if I should be so bold as to race all of them.

The young bull said to his dad, "Hey dad, see all them cows down in that field? Let's run down there and f**k us one". To which the wiser, older bull replied, "Son, let's walk down there and f**k all of them".

GRRRR8
02-24-2009, 08:01 PM
Tony bring that G8 to Sugar land and I will give it some BALLZ! lol

TonyKarter
02-24-2009, 08:24 PM
GRRRR8,

Sounds like a plan. As soon as I pay last years income taxes come April 15th I'm gonna be on your doorstep with pockets full of money! CAI, longtubes, exhaust, AND YOU, PODNA'. When you get finished I want the Billy Greenteeth's in these hills to think Junior Johnson just drove through with another load of sour mash!

GRRRR8
02-24-2009, 08:31 PM
LOL! Those mods will have the SRT-8s in check.

shaunfin24
02-24-2009, 08:42 PM
Tony bring that G8 to Sugar land and I will give it some BALLZ! lol

Can i bring my g8 too? its needs its ballz also bc its all stock

GRRRR8
02-24-2009, 08:45 PM
Can i bring my g8 too? its needs its ballz also bc its all stock

Anyone is welcome! Anykind of car............um well the only rice I like is with my Chinese food. lol

TonyKarter
02-24-2009, 09:17 PM
How bad will the SRT-8's beat me now? Is the one with "Daytona" on the side an SRT-8? How can I tell which ones are SRT-8's?

GRRRR8
02-24-2009, 09:23 PM
They have SRT-8 badges in the grille and on the trunk. A good driver in a slighty modded SRT-8 can pull mid 12s. Air intake, headers, tune, pulley and converter with some Drag Radials and you are there for 15k less. :)

TonyKarter
02-24-2009, 09:31 PM
Will call you in April.

GT G8
02-24-2009, 11:34 PM
Race them ALL!!!!

Agreed.

KaiserM715
02-25-2009, 09:42 AM
How can I tell which ones are SRT-8's?

The SRT-8 Chargers have a hood scoop and a badge on the front and on the deck lid.

Take a look:
http://www.dodge.com/shared/2008/charger/exterior/images/lowb/ext_srt8.jpg

96Prix
02-25-2009, 09:50 AM
The SRT-8's look mean in a way that the standard fare can't pull off. The stance is a dead giveaway once you've seen it a couple times.

That Daytona is just a stickered up R/T. Let him have it.

wreckwriter
02-25-2009, 09:56 AM
Racing is no fun if you always win.

PantherGTBlack
02-25-2009, 09:57 AM
Racing is no fun if you always win.

Agree to disagree.:)

MANOFSTEEL69
02-25-2009, 10:28 AM
So far the only Mopar i've had problems with is a supercharged challenger srt8. This to shall pass :)
BlackBerry9530/4.7.0.109 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

The Commodore
03-09-2009, 03:33 PM
Race every Charger/Challenger/300/Magnum that will go for it. Watch out for unmarked Chargers though. Even if you lose(which likely would only be SRT8s) you have a much better price to performance point than they do. They were great deals before the G8 came around.

But now you can get a SRT8 Charger for 34k with all the incentives and such.

R.Penguin
03-09-2009, 04:43 PM
Still haven't seen another G8 here in Snuff Gully, but there are a few Chargers running around and I'm gonna come up against one someday and I want to know which ones I may beat and which one I may not. Help an old fart not get embarrassed in front of his family if you will...I used to know my Mopars pretty good, but lately I'm a little confused.
If they have spoilers on the trunk but no decals/graphics, is that a hot one I better leave alone? I'm bone stock. There's a lime green one that the high school principal drives that says "Daytona" in cutout letters on the rear quarter panel (black side stripe)...do I break a stick off in his ass or will he break one off in mine? Is his an SRT? WTF is an SRT? Any others I better leave alone?
While your at it, go ahead and compare and contrast the Jeffersonian and Hamiltonian theories of democracy for me too.
I like yo' style fellow old fart! Race 'em all & if one cheats follow him home and piss in his gas tank after dark. You WILL win the next race. :p

TonyKarter
03-09-2009, 05:23 PM
Went to Beaumont throught Lumberton last Saturday night. This white car pulls up to the highway about 1/4 mile up..."nice car" I'm thinkin', "pretty nice wheels, too". "What is that...looks almost as good as a G....HEY! That IS a G8"! He was signalling a left, but when I passed him by, he turned right to follow me. I guess I was his first sighting, too! Followed me like a dog wanting to smell my butt! Later that night I crossed paths with a late model Shelby GT Mustang. I'll elaborate in the Kills section.

-Ray-
03-09-2009, 05:26 PM
If he's that close that he can sniff your butt, my guess is he doesn't want to race.

bigtreepu
03-10-2009, 05:28 PM
What's w/ these weenies in their challengers......I know this is a chargers thread, but my buddy was in his 06 GTO and me in my G8 GT. We came across a really nice looking Challenger, my buddy in the GTO pacing him, and the guy didn't even look over.... He just wanted to tell him it was a nice looking car. But instead, he acted as if he was too good in his Challenger for us. Oh well. A Dodge is still a Dodge.
~Matt

R.Penguin
03-10-2009, 05:55 PM
paralyzed with fear!:wah:

xfactor
03-11-2009, 06:00 AM
I haven't read all the post but here are my thoughts:

"Racem' all! Drive until you smell shit and hear glass shatter!" Or as my friends say "drive it like you stole it!"
BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

uh6tdrvr
03-14-2009, 06:48 PM
What about an older Charger. I work with a guy that has one with exhaust and a CAI but his is the 5.7 Hemi. He is always talking mad crap and id like to do nothing more than blow the doors off of that thing with a stock car.

bigtreepu
03-15-2009, 11:06 AM
you can race a 5.7 all day long. You should be able to take a fairly stock R/T.
~Matt

djchubbs
03-15-2009, 12:51 PM
srt8 will have the emblems on the sides and rear and most likely with the 20 inch chrome and brembos. He will win but i wont be a beating.

flomofo
03-18-2009, 11:45 AM
these threads always pop up.I need to save that car test where they ran an srt-8 (owner was driving and knew his car) against a new g8 gt when they first came out.

The srt-8 consistently pulled only a fender on the 1/4, no more, no less.

too lazy to post it again.

So on the street stock for stock theres no reason you shouldn't have a chance with a broken in car and with variances from the factory since a fender is nothing.

Devilish34
03-18-2009, 03:48 PM
srt8 will have the emblems on the sides and rear and most likely with the 20 inch chrome and brembos. He will win but i wont be a beating.

No the srt8 will have the emblems on the front easily viewed in your RVM

Eidolon
02-16-2013, 06:29 PM
I wonder how many of us will now get asked "Where'd you get the body kit for your SS?"
As many as ask Silverado owners how they made their GMC truck look like a Chevy. *nods*

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ULTRA Z
02-16-2013, 11:48 PM
Race them ALL!!!!

I second this

TonyKarter
02-17-2013, 09:48 AM
Wow! Talk about resurrecting the dead thread. Update: I have raced every Challenger and Charger, SRT8’s included, that wanted some of the G8. I have not lost to either. There was this non street legal Charger at the Lufkin track however that left me far behind. Stripped to the bone and hauled there on a trailer. Full race. I’m not counting that one. I know there are some out there that will hand me my butt. I just haven't run across them yet.

knglibrty
02-17-2013, 11:26 AM
This has been helpful, just upgraded from a SBM Base to a WH GT. Just waiting for the weather to brake........