PDA

View Full Version : 5 Year - 20k Service

GT086
06-10-2014, 07:57 PM
I just bought my GXP and its only got 18k miles on it. At 20k I plan on servicing and checking most everything I can think of. The fluids haven't reached they're mileage limit but most should be replaced every 5 years I would think.

So here's a little list of things I plan on doing
Clean or Change Air Filter
Change the oil and filter
Make sure all hose clamps are tight
Coolant flush
Maybe change the power steering fluid
Grease the weatherstripping
Grease all the door hinges
Change the rear end fluid
Change the transmission fluid and filter

That along with a quick once over for anything obvious like leaks or worn suspension components. My strut mounts are shot but I'll do them whenever I do the suspension.

Is there anything to grease or service in the sunroof?

Anything else major people can think of?

Napalm
06-11-2014, 05:54 AM
sounds solid. I would add - change out - flush your brake system. due to age of fluid.

on the bushings I woudl either wait until worns or noises - unless you just want to upgrade something.

I would also add.

clean MAF and clean TB but they are not necessary.

GT086
06-11-2014, 02:21 PM
sounds solid. I would add - change out - flush your brake system. due to age of fluid.

on the bushings I woudl either wait until worns or noises - unless you just want to upgrade something.

I would also add.

clean MAF and clean TB but they are not necessary.
I'm going to change the brake fluid whenever I do the pads, right now it stops absolutely perfect.

I actually forgot to put that I won't touch the MAF, every single time I've ever tried to clean an MAF on any car I've ruined it and had to go buy a new one. I have terrible luck with them and when I feel like its really dirty I'll just buy a new one. I've even dropped them and broke them by mistake, happened on my GTO. The damn things hate me.

GXPaycheck
06-11-2014, 02:47 PM
Cabin air filter.

travis gore
06-11-2014, 02:51 PM
Cabin air filter.
+1

GT086
06-11-2014, 09:00 PM
Cabin air filter.

+1

Just got it in the mail actually.

Night Train
06-13-2014, 11:00 PM
Cabin filter = arm and a leg or first born.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk