PDA

View Full Version : LY7 exhaust idea?

Christojesus
05-24-2014, 02:22 PM
I'm looking to get the exhaust done on my g8. What my plan is to deleate the mid muffler and the resonators and put in glasspacks where the resonators are and put in a h-pipe. Then I was was gonna run slp loudmouth axle backs. You think this will sound good? I know it'll drone. Anyone running a set up like this?

wasteland
07-22-2014, 10:54 PM
I hear a x pipe makes it sound alot better than h pipe

Crazy Paul
07-22-2014, 11:36 PM
You think this will sound good? I know it'll drone.
No.
It will sound like a fully loaded Cessna on a short runway.

travis gore
07-23-2014, 07:19 AM
No.
It will sound like a fully loaded Cessna on a short runway.

:rofl: ^^^^^^

glasspacks? really? they still make those?

-Ray-
07-24-2014, 01:33 AM
:rofl: ^^^^^^

glasspacks? really? they still make those?

Old school baby!

BuildItYourSelf
07-24-2014, 07:29 AM
This is a tearible idea. And why would you want drone?
If you want a loud exhaust just get solo and then add your loudmouth axle backs or just cut off the j. But I bet you'll put the ja back on.
I have the 3" magna flow with an added mid x muffler.
If it didn't have the mid x then it would be loud and drone.

Good luck. Bring ear plugs on the first ride and I bet you put them in when you turn around to put your stock mufflers back on.

Christojesus
09-13-2015, 11:00 AM
i have long tube headers that are going on the car now to. if drone is extreamly bad will add mufflers be it short glasspacks or something else with packing in it on the axlebacks.

Kaos
09-22-2015, 06:00 AM
i have long tube headers that are going on the car now to. if drone is extreamly bad will add mufflers be it short glasspacks or something else with packing in it on the axlebacks.

Curious if you completed your header install yet. Did you use the Camaro headers or did you find a set made for the g8?

Christojesus
09-22-2015, 02:53 PM
they are camaro v6 headers hoping to ceramic coat them first then install. budget is tight at the moment