PDA

View Full Version : Corsa Update

mojovious
02-23-2009, 06:46 PM
This may be old news, not sure. I've been wanting the Corsa sound for my 09 GT so I emailed the company. Jim Browning Jr. emailed me back and returned my call. I also spoke with another gentleman there too and was informed that Corsa part number 14950 is ready to release within the next few days. It's a full cat back system for our G8's. Pretty expensive retail price at $1749, and they wouldn't talk much about a group purchase or any discount for all the G8owners who might be interested. I'm hoping a company on this forum will be able to negotiate a decent and reasonable price and if so, I'm in. Not sure how you guys feel about Corsa but to me it doesn't get much better. No drone, so they claim even during AFM. They have not dyno'd a test car but they suggest conservatively around 7-12 HP gain at the wheels based on GM LSV8 experiences. The price is a little outrageous in principal for a cat back...but it should be a heck of a system.

I've also been looking at the Borla part number 140287, and it looks like a decent system too.

Decisions decisions....

Rich@pm-fl.com
02-23-2009, 07:49 PM
If anybody is interested in the Corsa, just shoot me a PM. I will set you up with a great price!

Blackrider
02-23-2009, 08:22 PM
Are the going to be releasing an axle back version? 1700 dollars is really expensive for an exhaust system.

JerzeyGT
02-23-2009, 08:57 PM
Do u know what the exhaust outlets look like....

-Ray-
02-24-2009, 02:30 AM
Are the going to be releasing an axle back version? 1700 dollars is really expensive for an exhaust system.

Rob,
I can set you up with an axle back if you want. I'm making a set for my G8 now.
If you can wait a couple weeks, I'll get them tested on a stock G8 as well.

Rich@pm-fl.com
02-24-2009, 04:23 AM
Corsa will not be making an axle back version. You could make your own, as Ray suggested, but it will most likely have to be with different mufflers. Corsa designed a new muffler specifically for the G8, and I don't see them offering the mufflers for sale seperately.

Ktlplxm
02-24-2009, 04:55 AM
Corsa said they may (emphasis on MAY) make an axle back in the future but not to hold our breath for it

cobrakid
02-24-2009, 05:51 AM
....I have learned those guys are full of it......

I have been waiting for a video from the 2007 Power Tour from them for 2 years.

Over priced too, but super nice. Lots of profit made there.
Most all systems are over priced. You would think in these times, a company would sell for a decent price ????

Ktlplxm
02-24-2009, 05:57 AM
....I have learned those guys are full of it......

I have been waiting for a video from the 2007 Power Tour from them for 2 years.

Over priced too, but super nice. Lots of profit made there.
Most all systems are over priced. You would think in these times, a company would sell for a decent price ????

I'll have to disagree with you there. Corsa puts more time and money into their systems than any other exhaust company out there. They are one of the only ones who design new mufflers for every vehicle they do. The only times mufflers are re-used is if the models are so similar in configuration and engine set-up that it isn't feasible to change them. There isn't as much profit in aftermarket parts as most people think there is. We get what we pay for, and if everything drops in price, so does the overall quality and fitment of the parts provided. As far as "these times"... we got ourselves here by paying as little as possible for everything. Companies make less= pay less/lay off=those laid off spend less=less profit. Cycles are a bitch

Devilish34
02-24-2009, 07:38 AM
Corsa will not be making an axle back version. You could make your own, as Ray suggested, but it will most likely have to be with different mufflers. Corsa designed a new muffler specifically for the G8, and I don't see them offering the mufflers for sale seperately.

Which mufflers would be needed to do this? And any idea what they cost?

'02 ws6
02-24-2009, 07:58 AM
Nice product.......but for the $ I'd rather spend $1500 on the ARH system and gain 30+hp. That amount of money isn't worth the sound or "no drone"

Eventually people with G8s will realize they.bought a v8, and a big one. Having an aggressive dual exhaust that flows properly, gains hp, and "sounds like a v8", as I hear so often, is going to have drone.
BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104

Mav
02-24-2009, 09:10 AM
Rob,
I can set you up with an axle back if you want. I'm making a set for my G8 now.
If you can wait a couple weeks, I'll get them tested on a stock G8 as well.

Hell, Im interested. :)

r33pwrd
02-24-2009, 10:26 AM
I sent them an e-mail asking what muffler they recomend as their exhaust will not work with my kooks X pipe!

Ktlplxm
02-24-2009, 12:50 PM
Nice product.......but for the $ I'd rather spend $1500 on the ARH system and gain 30+hp. That amount of money isn't worth the sound or "no drone"

Eventually people with G8s will realize they.bought a v8, and a big one. Having an aggressive dual exhaust that flows properly, gains hp, and "sounds like a v8", as I hear so often, is going to have drone.
BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104

But then you still have to get some type of rear section/axle back. I think with slight modification to the Corsa system it can be fitted to the Kooks or ARH system

SLVRG8GT
02-24-2009, 03:51 PM

PM sent

'02 ws6
02-24-2009, 06:04 PM
But then you still have to get some type of rear section/axle back. I think with slight modification to the Corsa system it can be fitted to the Kooks or ARH system

True. But I still haven't heard a setup other than stock mufflers that the wife and myself can agree on.