PDA

View Full Version : Tired of this problem

Geshia
05-18-2014, 05:04 PM
I have a 2008 pontiac G8 v6, the check engine light and the stability light came on then car reduced speed. My mechanic cleaned the male and female wire connections and the car drove fine for about a week then the check. Then I would stop and turn the car off and it would run fine after starting it back up. Yesterday I was driving and the check engine was on and the car completely lost power at a light and I had the codes read and it indicated a throttle body problem. We put the cleaner in the throttle body at AutoZONE and it didn't work. I was advised to buy a new throttle body. Can anyone help before I put another $500 bucks into this thing.

Seattle09GT
05-18-2014, 10:00 PM
Sounds like a bad ECM. I had this EXACT situation with a GT.

Seattle09GT
05-18-2014, 10:01 PM
Even how it manifests is exactly the same. Runs fine, go to idle or drive very slow and it completely died. Wait 5 to 10 minutes restarts but with CEL on.

-Ray-
05-19-2014, 02:01 AM
I have a 2008 pontiac G8 v6, the check engine light and the stability light came on then car reduced speed. My mechanic cleaned the male and female wire connections and the car drove fine for about a week then the check. Then I would stop and turn the car off and it would run fine after starting it back up. Yesterday I was driving and the check engine was on and the car completely lost power at a light and I had the codes read and it indicated a throttle body problem. We put the cleaner in the throttle body at AutoZONE and it didn't work. I was advised to buy a new throttle body. Can anyone help before I put another $500 bucks into this thing.

It would be helpful if you could post the actual code.