PDA

View Full Version : which headers

TurboSS
02-23-2009, 11:42 AM
for those who have info on this....which LT is making the most power. not looking for a cat-back too....just the LT's and i'll fit 2 e-cutouts in the back. thanks

randy

PantherGTBlack
02-23-2009, 11:49 AM
I want to do this set-up too when the funds allow for it. The only LTs that I know of will bolt up to the factory cat-back are the SLP headers. I could be mistaken though.

TurboSS
02-23-2009, 12:07 PM
well i just read that the kooks system1 will bolt up to the factory exhaust. they have a vid of the fit and sound clips on youtube if you care to peek.

PantherGTBlack
02-23-2009, 12:12 PM
Oh damn, guess I missed that. I thought that the headers with mid-pipes from them will bolt up to the factory axle-back but i was not aware the LTs would bolt to the factory cat-back.

Turbo, I also got your question about the tranny answered in-case you haven't seen it yet, just wanted to let you know.

GRRRR8
02-23-2009, 12:25 PM
ARH hooks to the factory muffs as well.

GeorgeInNePa
02-23-2009, 12:33 PM
well i just read that the kooks system1 will bolt up to the factory exhaust. they have a vid of the fit and sound clips on youtube if you care to peek.

Oh damn, guess I missed that. I thought that the headers with mid-pipes from them will bolt up to the factory axle-back but i was not aware the LTs would bolt to the factory cat-back.

Turbo, I also got your question about the tranny answered in-case you haven't seen it yet, just wanted to let you know.

The Kooks and ARH LTs will hook up to the factory axle backs. That is the rear most muffler. You have to buy the complete ARH system or the Kooks headers and xpipe for this to work.

Neither will bolt up to the factory cat back.

PantherGTBlack
02-23-2009, 12:34 PM
The Kooks and ARH LTs will hook up to the factory axle backs. That is the rear most muffler. You have to buy the complete ARH system or the Kooks headers and xpipe for this to work.

That's what I thought, thanks for clearing that up, George.

TurboSS
02-23-2009, 01:19 PM

damn...here TWO days and i'm already full of shit and tellen lies lol

Ktlplxm
02-23-2009, 01:42 PM
No real power difference between the Kooks and ARH. The SLP is expected to make less hp than the other because of the collector length/design

Billyg
02-23-2009, 05:01 PM
Wait for.. Dynatech.. Awesome the best by far and the the greatest gains, real gains:woohoo::woohoo:

Mike@NewEra
02-23-2009, 09:11 PM
Dynatech is definitely quality for sure, no question there. But, I'm sure you all know what I am going to say here, ARH FTW of course. I don't care where you buy them, I am not just saying that just to get sales, buy them somewhere else than New Era, if you find a better deal then you have to do what you have to do, my opinion is they are "the better header". Bottom line is, if you take 1 random G8 owner, give him everything available, to install and dyno after, I guarranty he chooses ARH. Just stating my opinion...

GRRRR8
02-23-2009, 09:13 PM
^ + 1 ^

Darkside
02-23-2009, 11:56 PM
Stainless Works setup is just about ready.

red_racer2
03-25-2009, 01:30 PM
on another note for the Lt. Has anyone seen a decrease in MPG with them? If so how much. I lost about 5mpg with my GTO but then again I also had a cam installed at that time.

Ktlplxm
03-25-2009, 01:49 PM
Did not lose any mpg on mine.

Tom@ARH
03-25-2009, 04:20 PM
the cam caused the loss headers usually see a gain in MPG depending on your driving style

Steve
03-25-2009, 04:28 PM
Driving Style? what's that? isn't the gas pedal just a big On/Off switch? ;) hahaha I'm at 17mpg average with intake,headers & converter.
Can't wait to get low 10's after a blower! (no, not 1/4 mile time... MPGs!! haha)

G8GT721
03-25-2009, 04:31 PM
Can't wait to get low 10's after a blower! (no, not 1/4 mile time... MPGs!! haha)

lol