PDA

View Full Version : All Pontiac Car Show Sept. 25-28

wachs
03-30-2014, 06:03 PM
Attention Pontiac enthusiasts, mark your calendar and start making plans to attend the first ever PONTIAC ADVENTURES, September 25-28, 2014 at the Chula Vista Resort in beautiful Wisconsin Dells, WI the Car Event Capital of the Mid West. This event will be a combination of the best of worlds, touring events, traditional participant judging event, and possible speed events. Pontiac Adventures will be open to all years and models of Pontiacs, with the featured model being the Pontiac G8. Previous G.O.N.E. event members, here is your opportunity to continue the annual get together. Stay tuned for additional details.

-Ray-
03-31-2014, 01:38 AM
Sounds good. Does not conflict with Tri-Power Nationals which is good. Checking on LSFest.

Chewy
03-31-2014, 05:34 AM
We have been waiting for this! YAY!!!

I have shared this on the G8 Facebook page as well! Many people on there were very interested about it.

We booked our condo today. Looks like a pretty awesome place! My whole fam damily is coming so it should be fun! Plus, it's our sons 4th bday on the 25th. I think he'll have fun at the waterpark.

We got the "family fun package".

http://www.chulavistaresort.com/Plan-Explore/rooms-reservations/Condominium-Accommodations/Two-Bedroom.aspx

THE Adam V
03-31-2014, 09:17 AM
I'll try my best to attend. I'm sure I'll have class and work. But I managed to make it work last year.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Chewy
03-31-2014, 10:02 AM
I'll try my best to attend. I'm sure I'll have class and work. But I managed to make it work last year.

DUDE with the grades you get, I think you can manage a couple of days off! ;) Plus, don't you want to show off all that hard work? I'll see about Paul getting another wife beater sent in. ;)

THE Adam V
03-31-2014, 11:00 AM
DUDE with the grades you get, I think you can manage a couple of days off! ;) Plus, don't you want to show off all that hard work? I'll see about Paul getting another wife beater sent in. ;)

That sealed the Deal there!!

Chewy
04-18-2014, 04:09 AM
http://www.pontiacadventures.com/

The site is up and ready for you to register! I'm all in!

wachs
04-23-2014, 07:52 PM
Thanks for posting the link. Hoping to see as many of you guys as possible. Help spread the word so the G.O.N.E. family can reunite once more.

-Ray-
04-25-2014, 03:15 AM

The site is up and ready for you to register! I'm all in!

Is that you Chris?

Chewy
04-25-2014, 04:00 AM
Is that you Chris?

Chris and Deb are the ones organizing this.

wachs
05-19-2014, 07:45 PM
Sorry folks Deb and I have been busy with our spring all Pontiac show " Riverside Rally" here in Kaukauna. Now we are focusing on Pontiac Adventures. The site has been up for a month now and we have several people commited to attending the event. Lets keep spreading the word to G.O.N.E. 2014.

REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!
G8 Owners and Pontiac enthusiasts are invited to join Pontiac Adventures, September 25 – 28, 2014 at Chula Vista Resort in beautiful Wisconsin Dells, WI. Schedule of events is ready and registration is NOW OPEN! Show & Shine Judging, Road Tours, Hot Laps, Burn Out Pit . . . .G.O.N.E (G8 & GTO Owners interNational Event) Reunion. There will not be a G.O.N.E. event in Bettendorf IA this year.

Chewy
05-27-2014, 04:22 AM
Bump!

bracketracer
07-11-2014, 08:16 PM
Hey folks, I really appreciate Chris & Deb stepping up to make this a reality. Now we just need to get attendance to make it a success. I plan to be there the whole weekend myself as a participant & cruise leader. If you are coming, please get registered. The folks at Chula Vista are getting a bit nervous that numbers are trickling in. If we want to keep this event alive, we need attendance. Who's with me?

travis gore
07-12-2014, 04:56 AM
I am going to try and make this

red wunz
07-28-2014, 02:27 AM
Didn't think I'd be home from deployment in time to make this, but I'm being sent home early on a medical discharge, so it's possible the wife and I can make it. Depends how long I'm held at Walter Reed when I get stateside.

prz12
07-29-2014, 11:22 AM
I have registered, signed up for the Friday & Saturday cruising tours and reserved a room.

I plan on driving up from Chicago on Thursday and would like to caravan with others, who is interested?

Chewy
07-29-2014, 12:33 PM
Chris, when you get on Chula Vista's website and look for rooms it says they're booked. Is that accurate? A guy in our club wants to go, but can't get a room there.

jpG8GT
08-21-2014, 11:17 AM
So who's all going? Is there a list somewhere?

Chewy
08-21-2014, 03:57 PM
I'm not aware of a list, but I'll be there.

Sent from my iPad Air

THE Adam V
08-21-2014, 05:07 PM
It would be good to list other hotel options as well. In Case Chula Vista is in fact booked

jpG8GT
08-22-2014, 05:05 AM
I checked yesterday also on a room. Booked except for some large 2-3 room setups. Looks like a nice place to stay though! Once again I'll bring my tent and sleeping bag like I have at all the GONE events. I'll rough it if I have too.

Chewy
08-22-2014, 08:20 AM
I checked yesterday also on a room. Booked except for some large 2-3 room setups. Looks like a nice place to stay though! Once again I'll bring my tent and sleeping bag like I have at all the GONE events. I'll rough it if I have too.

You have to register for the event and then the rooms will show up. They're locked in for the event so calling or looking on Chula's site will show them booked!

Posidon42
08-22-2014, 03:48 PM
Wish I could go. Just too far of a drive for me!

THE Adam V
08-22-2014, 05:47 PM
This may just be out of the budget for this year sadly :( there is no way I'll be able to afford a room plus gas and activities.

jpG8GT
08-23-2014, 05:09 AM
Adam. If I go, im looking to split a room with people to help on cost. Chewy. I'll call and see about the rooms. I just looked online and nothing was available.

Chewy
08-23-2014, 07:30 AM
Adam. If I go, im looking to split a room with people to help on cost. Chewy. I'll call and see about the rooms. I just looked online and nothing was available.

Like I said, you have to register for the show before the rooms will show up. This info came from Chris Wachs the organizer.

Sent from my iDevice using data nodes and algorithms.

THE Adam V
08-23-2014, 11:34 AM
I'm still on the fence. I want to go. But work, school, and money are all an issue. Last year wasn't as crucial. I had a lenient teacher and 2 jobs to afford the trip.

Now down to 1 job as a flat rate tech and can't afford time off of school or work as I'm in my final year.

Posidon42
08-23-2014, 12:45 PM
It's the 15.5 hour road trip that's killing it for me. I'd be fine camping but that's a lot of driving without a backup. :(

I REALLY want to go though. Would be cool to show off one of the manual trans conversions.

bracketracer
09-03-2014, 12:45 PM
Heather & I are registered for the event, and we have a room reserved. As mentioned above, you have to register, and then the info for hotel will show up. You also have to ask for the Pontiac Adventures room rate when you book the room.

Chula Vista is REALLY nice! There are a lot more things to do for everyone, especially family, in the Wisconsin Dells too. The only thing that the location lacks is a nearby dragstrip. I have tried to suggest to some of the "powers that be" in the area, that this would be an ideal investment. I think that with a dragstrip nearby, this would become the absolute car destination in the entire Midwest.

Despite no drag racing, it will be a blast, and I look forward to seeing all the friends that I have made from GONE over the years!

Chewy
09-03-2014, 12:52 PM
Heather & I are registered for the event, and we have a room reserved. As mentioned above, you have to register, and then the info for hotel will show up. You also have to ask for the Pontiac Adventures room rate when you book the room.

Chula Vista is REALLY nice! There are a lot more things to do for everyone, especially family, in the Wisconsin Dells too. The only thing that the location lacks is a nearby dragstrip. I have tried to suggest to some of the "powers that be" in the area, that this would be an ideal investment. I think that with a dragstrip nearby, this would become the absolute car destination in the entire Midwest.

Despite no drag racing, it will be a blast, and I look forward to seeing all the friends that I have made from GONE over the years!

I know people that aren't coming DUE to the lack of a strip. They want GONE back! ;) I of course could care less! I know my 4 YO will LOVE the Dells! Hope the R word doesn't come into play so I can drive my car and not the truck.

bracketracer
09-17-2014, 06:35 AM
Looking forward to seeing everyone in a little over a week! :thumbsup:

wachs
09-20-2014, 01:15 PM
Spending today getting last minute details nailed down for the show. We could use one more "DRIVER" to lead a cruise event for Friday. If anyone here would like to step up please PM me. Cant wait to see everyone again next weekend !!!

Chewy
09-21-2014, 02:14 PM

Hoping nothing changes!

Chewy
09-24-2014, 05:00 AM
Heading up tomorrow late morning. Have to load the car and get the front all taped up check the fluids and then we'll be on the road.

Hoping to see some G8's there! Doesn't seem too busy here with people going. :(

bracketracer
09-24-2014, 07:53 AM
I am now counting down the hours until I get up to The Dells on Friday evening! I wish I could be up there during the day enjoying some of the tours on Friday, but alas I need to sell some cars to pay for pending diapers. It sounds like there are over 25 pre-registered attendees. Walk-In registrations will still be accepted, and the more the merrier! I hear that we may even have at least 5 G8 GXPs there, with G8s being the majority of attendees. The weather this weekend is supposed to be awesome with highs in the upper 70's and lows in the lower 50's and no plans for rain. The colors in the area are already looking good, and should be even better by the time we get up there. If you are not there enjoying the weekend, and this great event with us, you will truly be missing out!

wachs
09-24-2014, 05:40 PM
Please check out https://www.facebook.com/pontiacadventures for our list of updates. Heres to a great weekend Pontiac enthusiasts !!!

Chewy
09-29-2014, 05:01 AM

Had a good time! The red and silver car sitting next to each other are 818 and 819 GXP's. We just happened to park next to each other. Made it home safe and sound and averaged 22mpg. Not bad for 500RWHP and 3.45's.

bracketracer
10-07-2014, 01:37 PM
The picture of "GXP Row" does make my heart go pitter patter, LOL!