PDA

View Full Version : TCM Torque Managment %

rlrayl11
02-22-2009, 01:47 AM
I have a question about the torque management % in all three driving modes. I'm going to get a VMS tune pretty soon and wanted to know what everyone has their torque management % set at. I have searched but it is difficult to find something very specific. I figured whoever has had there transmission tuned could post what %'s they have there torque management set at in all three modes to help me figure out what I want for my torque management settings.

So just post up what your Torque management % is tuned at in all three modes; normal, sport, and manual.

PantherGTBlack
02-22-2009, 01:49 AM
I'm not much help on that but welcome to the forum!!! What part of the Hoosier state are you from???

-Ray-
02-22-2009, 05:33 AM
I believe 50 percent is what is in the standard vector Tune. Call Kirk and ask. He is more than helpful.

rlrayl11
02-22-2009, 11:13 AM
Thanks,

I've actually been around this forum since pretty much when it started I just don't post much, I guess I'm more of a reader.

I grew up in Kokomo but I went to Purdue so right now I'm in West Lafayette, but I just recently graduated in December and am currently searching for a job in this great economy we have goin on right now lol. But I'm looking in the Indianapolis area and have a few interviews lined up for next week so hopefully I will end up in Indy.

r33pwrd
02-22-2009, 11:26 AM
Thanks,

I've actually been around this forum since pretty much when it started I just don't post much, I guess I'm more of a reader.

I grew up in Kokomo but I went to Purdue so right now I'm in West Lafayette, but I just recently graduated in December and am currently searching for a job in this great economy we have goin on right now lol. But I'm looking in the Indianapolis area and have a few interviews lined up for next week so hopefully I will end up in Indy.

good luck on the interviews! and welcome as a poster to the forum!

GeorgeInNePa
02-22-2009, 12:56 PM
0% on upshifts.

-Ray-
02-22-2009, 06:01 PM
Thanks,

I'm around exit 140. Good luck with the search.

It's A G8!
02-22-2009, 07:31 PM
I ordered mine a few weeks ago and ask for a 40% on normal drive,30% on sports and 20% on manual. I cant wait till I get it!

R.Penguin
02-22-2009, 08:14 PM
I have a question about the torque management % in all three driving modes. I'm going to get a VMS tune pretty soon and wanted to know what everyone has their torque management % set at. I have searched but it is difficult to find something very specific. I figured whoever has had there transmission tuned could post what %'s they have there torque management set at in all three modes to help me figure out what I want for my torque management settings.

So just post up what your Torque management % is tuned at in all three modes; normal, sport, and manual.
I'm going 50-30-30 on the 2009 G8. The 50-50-50 on the 2008 was dandy tho'. Didn't have the option back then.

bigtreepu
02-23-2009, 06:55 PM
welcome to the forums...at least as a poster. I also went to Purdue & graduated in 2005 with a Computer Science degree. What line of work are you looking for? I may have contacts if it will help you out. good luck with your job hunt.
~Matt

breakinparts
02-26-2009, 07:49 AM
I'm in the Indianapolis area... check out indygoatherd.com for local guys. We have a really (small) g8 section, but it is nice to keep everyone that has a g8 in touch

Vertical
02-26-2009, 07:57 AM
This thread could use a poll. I'm curious what everyone is running on their transmission tunes as well.

G8GT721
02-26-2009, 01:31 PM
0% on upshifts.

is that because you have an aftermarket tq converter, if not do you know what its normally set too?

GTPprix
02-26-2009, 01:33 PM
I'm just curious how you guys think you are adjusting TM per mode? Like which ACTUAL tables? ;)

stryker g8gt
02-26-2009, 06:07 PM
0,0,0, and .10% pressure boost with a Yank 3200....And a base Tranny profile from another GM Performance auto, that is now tweaked....

bigwillys58
02-26-2009, 06:08 PM
I'm just curious how you guys think you are adjusting TM per mode? Like which ACTUAL tables? ;)
not 100% sure but i dont believe that vector uses hp tuners for adjusting tm. maybe someone with a little more knowledge on that will chime in...
i did however take (depending on how it works with hp tuners) 15% outta mine and the difference was quite noticeable. no seperate tables for modes though