PDA

View Full Version : Wideband install?

vipz28
02-21-2009, 09:42 AM
Anyone installed an LC-1 yet? I'm about to go get my X-Pipe and 02 bung welded in (I'm going to put the bung right at the Xpipe), and I'm wondering where people have mounted the LC-1 controller and where a good passthrough into the cabin is.

g8_795
02-21-2009, 11:51 AM
Your putting it behind your cats?

vipz28
02-21-2009, 03:37 PM
Your putting it behind your cats?

Yes.

bigwillys58
02-26-2009, 06:13 PM
i beliveve it is recommended to run them before the cats. atleast it is on the ngk afx...

BSmith
02-26-2009, 07:10 PM
There is a lot of dispute over the pre/after the cat. When I'm running mine, I run it in the right rear O2 bung. It reads Stoich at idle. I haven't gotten a chance to compare it to anything else though.

Keep in mind the majority of people dyno tune with one shoved in the tail pipe.

As for a pass through, I never found one a good one. I always just run the wire through the door jam and over the rocker panel. I also don't keep it permanently installed.

PerfectD3
04-16-2009, 05:45 AM
Bump, has anyone found a good hole in the firewall to run theirs as a permenant install? Would like to hear more thoughts on after cat (albeit a high flow one) install of WB (in stock rear bung). Been doing my HW on this and it seems to vary wildly. Every one I've seen in person is in the stock after cat bung (various cars, some with high flow cats, some without any cats). My dyno guy on Saturday used the stock 02 bung after my stock cats.

EDIT: My grammar sucks.

PerfectD3
04-17-2009, 01:45 AM
:bump:

g8_795
04-17-2009, 04:15 AM
I don't always watch my AFR, so when I am tuning the AFR's or something I have a plug under the hood and run the wire through the door jam. There is a place to run some wires on driver and passenger side. If you take off the wheel wells (really easy) you will see plugs into the inside. They are not on the fire wall, but on the side of the body. They will come out behind the rocker panels. On the driver side, there is already a mess of wires going inside. I think wreckwriter did this for some reason. I was going to run it in this way, and probably still will. Just haven't had the time.

wreckwriter
04-17-2009, 04:27 AM
There is only one hole in the firewall, look up JHP gauge install instructions for location, its below the brake booster. There's also a way to go through the fenderwell. Again, search on gauges and there's a thread where Robert@kbx explained it to me.

You could simply drill a hole in the floorpan for wideband but be damn sure you grommet and seal it.

wreckwriter
04-17-2009, 04:28 AM
I don't always watch my AFR, so when I am tuning the AFR's or something I have a plug under the hood and run the wire through the door jam. There is a place to run some wires on driver and passenger side. If you take off the wheel wells (really easy) you will see plugs into the inside. They are not on the fire wall, but on the side of the body. They will come out behind the rocker panels. On the driver side, there is already a mess of wires going inside. I think wreckwriter did this for some reason. I was going to run it in this way, and probably still will. Just haven't had the time.

Right, that's what I did because my alarm wires were in the firewall hole and were very sealed with RTV.

PerfectD3
04-17-2009, 05:06 AM
http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=2791

This is the thread in case anyone looks here. Thanks wreckwriter! I also threw some tags on here.

On a scale of 1-10, how much of a PITA was it? My first goal is to get my LTs on today (get to work a half day, yay!) and then I will run the wiring for the 02. I'll need to get a bung put in prior to the cat but at least I can get the wires run. I really wish I would have known that ARH could put the bung in prior to shipping, but that's my own fault for not doing enough homework!