PDA

View Full Version : This is what I got to come home to today...

ccm383
02-17-2014, 07:33 PM
My wife was on her way back from lunch today when a car full of younger teenagers, in a g6 to be exact, cut her off and drove her into a large rd sign and part of a powerline pole.

My wife is fine but I don't think the car will make it through this one. This will be 4th claim on the car none at fault and 1 hit and run so it was filed as uninsured driver. Everyone been telling me it must be cursed.

So looking for a low mileage m6 gxp will be on the top of my priority list as of now. Would prefer same color and bone stock but I know I can't be picky.

Seattle09GT
02-17-2014, 07:40 PM
Is the wheel like that still "attached" or did the tow company just place it there. If that wheel is still bolted on the studs that some horrific suspension damage.

Very sad to see another going to the graveyard.

ccm383
02-17-2014, 07:49 PM
Yes the wheel is still attached to the studs. It snapped every piece on the control arms and pretty much everything in that area

crbquist
02-17-2014, 07:51 PM
Dang, another g8 bites the dust. Sorry for your loss dude. All the more reason to upgrade to a better vehicle!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt G8 dude
02-17-2014, 08:05 PM
Maybe you could get a ute and use the G8 as the donor car to convert it to left hand drive. Assuming the dash wasn't completely destroyed. There is a guy in Colorado that has been building a few ute's that way.

Sorry for your loss, glad to hear your wife is ok. What hit the windsheild on the passenger side?

Rillo71
02-17-2014, 08:10 PM
Sorry to see this. I hope you find the GXP you are looking for. I know of a TT MSM M6 GXP for sale, or at least was in St. Louis. ;)

ccm383
02-17-2014, 08:26 PM
Maybe you could get a ute and use the G8 as the donor car to convert it to left hand drive. Assuming the dash wasn't completely destroyed. There is a guy in Colorado that has been building a few ute's that way.

Sorry for your loss, glad to hear your wife is ok. What hit the windsheild on the passenger side?

Thanks. Funny you say that though because my wife just showed me a picture of one that was converted into a wagon and now she won't shut up about it.. lol Would be a hell of a project.

And that was part of the pole from the big ass road sign that went through the windsheild.. Glad nobody was in the passenger side this time!

STL_G8GT
02-17-2014, 09:40 PM
Terrible. Glad she's ok!

Zodiac
02-18-2014, 01:29 AM
Ouch. Terrible. Definitely glad she is okay, cars can be replaced, loved ones can't. Good luck in your search!

-Ray-
02-18-2014, 02:07 AM
Terrible. Glad she's ok!

+1

MongosG8
02-18-2014, 02:46 AM
Seen her post this on the G8 Owners Facebook page. Sounded like a little 16 year old bitch did it from your wife explaining.

Happy to hear she was not injured ..that is more important than a car.

kevinm0131
02-18-2014, 03:29 AM
Hate to hear this, but glad everyone but the car was fine.

TooManyHobbies
02-18-2014, 04:09 AM
Oh no. Pontiac on Pontiac violence. Glad the wife is OK. I hope you find a GXP to your liking. If they do not total that I definitely would not want it back.

todds87ss
02-18-2014, 05:32 AM
Glad to hear all are OK. Hate to see it, though. Teen drivers suck.

TonyKarter
02-18-2014, 06:58 AM
I can only imagine the feelings of loss you are having to deal with right now. I would not wish that on anyone. We love these cars like a family member. If it helps any, please try to remember that bad things happen for good reasons that shall not be revealed to us in this life, but for good reasons never the less, and my experience has been that something even better usually results from it. Who knows...You may never have gotten past the wishing stage...or owned a GXP otherwise. It's just God's way of telling you to go for it.

So don't look back, and go make it happen!

gr8lover
02-18-2014, 01:22 PM
. Sounded like a little 16 year old bitch did it from your wife explaining.

Isnt everyone who hits or damages one of our priceless G8's a bitch, ass, or whore?...... :)...

ccm383
02-18-2014, 01:25 PM
Appreciate all the thoughts guys, I hope only good will come of this. Even though it can be replaced with hopefully a better car but it's hard not to get attached to your own. Maybe I will be able to buy it back from the insurance company and be able to part it out. That's hoping that it will be totaled out... but there's no way in hell I will allow them to try and fix it and give it back to me. The car would never be the same

Seen her post this on the G8 Owners Facebook page. Sounded like a little 16 year old bitch did it from your wife explaining.

Happy to hear she was not injured ..that is more important than a car.
Yea the girl that was driving definitely needed an ass beating. The mom never showed up and we kind of thought that was odd. Well come to find out it wasn't even the girls car nor was she even in the insurance policy they provided us. So I think I'm just going to have to go ahead and get a lawyer involved right now and have him deal with everything from here on out. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Matt82
02-18-2014, 01:56 PM
Damn that sucks. Can't replace a life though...

MIEngineer
02-18-2014, 02:04 PM
Sorry to see the car get railed, but better than having to deal with injuries and all.

Lawyer up. I am not normally the type, but in this case you kind of have to?

There are GXPs out there...

Doug Hilliard
02-18-2014, 02:50 PM
Glad she is ok; sorry about the car.

G8 GT V8
02-18-2014, 03:24 PM
It makes me sick to see the carnage especially since it is silver like mine. Glad she is OK.

Kermit
02-18-2014, 03:49 PM
So sad to see this kind of damage to our beloved cars. BUT happy to know your wife is okay. Cars can and do get replaced all the time. Loved ones not so much.

Have a PM coming your way.

kevinm0131
02-18-2014, 07:01 PM
It makes me sick to see the carnage especially since it is silver like mine. Glad she is OK.
Maybe you can buy his rear bumper. :thumbsup:

TonyKarter
02-18-2014, 07:48 PM
If she had permission to drive the car then she is covered on the policy. Chances are their policy will provide liability coverage for your car and wife. It is seldom that they do not. It's easier and less expensive in the long run for the insurance company to pay than to deny coverage due to the driver and have to litigate that...and then lose anyway.

Don't get a lawyer yet, at least not until you have to. As for the car, see what they offer you. Believe it or not, the claim handler knows that he/she cannot deviate far from what they have paid others for similar claims (including the one's that got lawyers) without leaving the company open to additional liability later...especially if you don't get a lawyer. See what they offer you first. Don't take the first offer though, counter offer high, and if possible, settle on your side of the middle.

Same for the bodily injury. Don't sign anything yet in relation to bodily injury. Ask for a copy of the policy, send a demand letter for it if you must, but get a copy of the policy. See if they had personal injury protection too. Go after it as well. Even if your wife is unhurt, see if in your state courts have awarded bodily injury payments for pre-impact terror/fear/stress. If they do, seek damages for it. Yes, some state do.

Then, and only then, if you have any suspicion that you are not being treated fairly, then and only then get an attorney. Because when you do things are going to slow down a shitload as he milks the shit out of it for himself and runs up billable hours. And ultimately takes almost half. Getting a copy of the policy is most important at this point though, not an attorney. Good luck!

Pretty good huh for a backwoods East Texas good 'ol boy who only wants to be crappie fishing...

todds87ss
02-19-2014, 06:24 AM
If she had permission to drive the car then she is covered on the policy. Chances are their policy will provide liability coverage for your car and wife. It is seldom that they do not. It's easier and less expensive in the long run for the insurance company to pay than to deny coverage due to the driver and have to litigate that...and then lose anyway.

Don't get a lawyer yet, at least not until you have to. As for the car, see what they offer you. Believe it or not, the claim handler knows that he/she cannot deviate far from what they have paid others for similar claims (including the one's that got lawyers) without leaving the company open to additional liability later...especially if you don't get a lawyer. See what they offer you first. Don't take the first offer though, counter offer high, and if possible, settle on your side of the middle.

Same for the bodily injury. Don't sign anything yet in relation to bodily injury. Ask for a copy of the policy, send a demand letter for it if you must, but get a copy of the policy. See if they had personal injury protection too. Go after it as well. Even if your wife is unhurt, see if in your state courts have awarded bodily injury payments for pre-impact terror/fear/stress. If they do, seek damages for it. Yes, some state do.

Then, and only then, if you have any suspicion that you are not being treated fairly, then and only then get an attorney. Because when you do things are going to slow down a shitload as he milks the shit out of it for himself and runs up billable hours. And ultimately takes almost half. Getting a copy of the policy is most important at this point though, not an attorney. Good luck!

Pretty good huh for a backwoods East Texas good 'ol boy who only wants to be crappie fishing...

That is outstanding advice, right there. I could not agree more. I will add that your insurance company can help get the other company to "man up" so to speak.
some other expenses to consider for reimbursement:
Lost income due to loss of the car - this includes the POSSIBILITY of lost income, including overtime.
Medical claims by a factor of 3 (or so).
Some companies have internal policies limiting payout for the total loss at what KBB lists as value. This is tough to argue. That is where most folks feel they do not get a fair shake.
I also believe that the Lawyer is the last possible solution.

RichsGreyGT
02-20-2014, 05:46 AM
sorry for the loss and glad your wife was alright.

That tire pulled out of the wheel well area is crazy suspension damage.

G8 GT V8
02-20-2014, 09:49 AM
Maybe you can buy his rear bumper. :thumbsup:

We think alike but felt the timing was wrong to ask.

ccm383
02-20-2014, 05:10 PM

Thank you for your time and advice looks like I will be doing exactly that. Looks are now just waiting for the adjuster to come look it at it and go from there. I will give yall an update on everything when I hear something. If they give me a chance to buy it back if it gets totaled I will definitely try and do that since there's still a TON of usable parts that I'm sure guys on here would like to have. And yes that will include the bumper too lol

TonyKarter
02-20-2014, 05:26 PM
If they do not offer what you think it is worth then PM me. I've got some strategies that my customers have used to substantiate higher settlements. I'll turn you on to them. They are easy. Now, one thing you do not want to do, and you probably know this already, is to counter their potentially low offer to total it using the reasoning that it is worth much more because of all of the parts you put on it. The less they know about the parts the better. Like I said, you probably already know this. They response will be, "Oh yeah? Really? And you want us to sell it back to you? Okay, but our price just went up because of those parts and your emotional attachment to them. It matters more to you than the guys we normally deal with, so you are going to pay us more than normal for it." I'll show you strategies to get their settlement offer higher without having to even discuss the parts.

Guys, have that thing towed to where you can work on it and tear those parts off of it BEFORE the adjuster sees it. Do not take his calls until you can get them off. He's not going to pay you for them, they are yours, and their value added nature only clouds the settlement negotiation. Get them off, and then you may not want the rest of that thing around to collect snakes and beautify the neighborhood. Take the full settlement without deduction for you keeping the wreckage and move on with your life. NEXT!

If your wife went to the emergency room to be checked out be prepared for your health plan to contact you and want the insurance information with which to contact your auto insurance so that they can get paid back. Tell your health plan that information is none of their damn business. Tell them their health insurance contract that you are purchasing is with you, not your auto insurance company nor the offending driver's auto insurance company, and to show you on which page it says you must give them this information. Tell them that YOU, not them, will be paid by the other persons insurance, eventually, so don't get in any hurry to get paid back, to keep their powder dry, and eventually when you do get paid, and if they have left you alone and not dunned you to death that you'll make sure that there is something in the settlement for them too. But you'll have it paid to you, and then you will pay them. And to leave you the fuck alone until then.

I'm on the lake: The bass just moved shallow today, and the crappie are right behind them, moving into the brush piles. Gentlemen, when this happens I am absolutely worthless to anyone. It is time to rip some lips on some scaly critters!

ccm383
02-20-2014, 07:55 PM
If they do not offer what you think it is worth then PM me. I've got some strategies that my customers have used to substantiate higher settlements. I'll turn you on to them. They are easy. Now, one thing you do not want to do, and you probably know this already, is to counter their potentially low offer to total it using the reasoning that it is worth much more because of all of the parts you put on it. The less they know about the parts the better. Like I said, you probably already know this. They response will be, "Oh yeah? Really? And you want us to sell it back to you? Okay, but our price just went up because of those parts and your emotional attachment to them. It matters more to you than the guys we normally deal with, so you are going to pay us more than normal for it." I'll show you strategies to get their settlement offer higher without having to even discuss the parts.

Guys, have that thing towed to where you can work on it and tear those parts off of it BEFORE the adjuster sees it. Do not take his calls until you can get them off. He's not going to pay you for them, they are yours, and their value added nature only clouds the settlement negotiation. Get them off, and then you may not want the rest of that thing around to collect snakes and beautify the neighborhood. Take the full settlement without deduction for you keeping the wreckage and move on with your life. NEXT!

If your wife went to the emergency room to be checked out be prepared for your health plan to contact you and want the insurance information with which to contact your auto insurance so that they can get paid back. Tell your health plan that information is none of their damn business. Tell them their health insurance contract that you are purchasing is with you, not your auto insurance company nor the offending driver's auto insurance company, and to show you on which page it says you must give them this information. Tell them that YOU, not them, will be paid by the other persons insurance, eventually, so don't get in any hurry to get paid back, to keep their powder dry, and eventually when you do get paid, and if they have left you alone and not dunned you to death that you'll make sure that there is something in the settlement for them too. But you'll have it paid to you, and then you will pay them. And to leave you the fuck alone until then.

I'm on the lake: The bass just moved shallow today, and the crappie are right behind them, moving into the brush piles. Gentlemen, when this happens I am absolutely worthless to anyone. It is time to rip some lips on some scaly critters!

Ok awesome I'm glad you said that, that was going my next question. I already got my wife to sneak into the wrecking yard and pull the vararam and the seat covers off while I was at work today...she's such a good mechanic. The only thing left that would be easy to get off are axle backs. Just wondering if the adjuster will end up giving me shit when he sees that it doesn't have an airbox or exhaust tips. Not really worried about it though for all I know someone could've pulled that shit off right after they dead dropped the fucker nose down and ripped the whole front clip off.. dipshits wish I could've been there for that one

And yes she did go to hospital and follow up at dr but they didn't take her insurance we just got them to send us the bill and go from there.

Six.0
02-23-2014, 07:52 PM
Sorry to see this. No one here likes to see G8 carnage like that, but it took the abuse and kept your wife from getting injured. That is a car's most important job and these cars do it well. Good luck in getting insurance handled/finding a GXP.

ccm383
02-26-2014, 11:55 AM
Here's an update on what's going on.
My wife finally got a call back from their insurance after waiting almost a week to see when they were bringing the adjuster out to look at it. Turns out they already had it done on the 20th and didn't bother to notify us until now. Pretty pissed at that point.

Gets better, he told her the damages added up to roughly $9,000 and we had a check coming our way. Now I have yet to really look over the car well, except for the few minutes it was on the tow truck the day it happened. But there is no way that can be less than $10k in damages.

I'm still waiting for the adjuster to call me so i can talk to him personally but he told my wife if there was a dispute about the estimate we can take it in to a body shop and have them do another estimate. My wife works at Southwest Ford in Weatherford so we are having it towed there right now to let them do an estimate there so we can make sure they get every little thing that what was wrong with it and see where we are at there. There is no way I'll be wanting to own that unless I buy it back for parts. I don't think the car would ever drive the same. What do you guys think?

STL_G8GT
02-26-2014, 12:55 PM
Paging TonyKarter!

J Wikoff
02-26-2014, 01:25 PM
A wheel, fender, bumper cover, and radiator core support damage repair will equal over $5k. On top of that, you've got major suspension damage, unibody damage, door(s) damage, windshield, side mirror, maybe the roof, and that's just what we can see. There's at least $15k in that alone. This poor bird is totaled, and you should be getting fair replacement value. Gather your receipts for mods you have on it and plunk those down in front of them too.

soup070
02-26-2014, 03:26 PM
When mine was rear-ended that damaged just bumper, exhaust, trunk rear shell, spare tire shell, and two taillights that totaled to $6800+ in 2010 AND there was No frame or suspension damage.
Four Years later parts are scarce, an prices have raised at body shops. To anyone involved in an accident never trust the adjuster (especially from the other driver who did that damage), they are just trying to get a check cut fast for less than what it would take to fix, cover, or replace. ALWAYS GET SEVERAL QUOTES - a good portion of adjusters want to help you out, but it is their corporate offices and some insurance writers looking to keep your payout low show improving profit in their books.

Good luck with getting what you deserve. I always think it wasn't your fault you deserve to have your side fixed ASAP without problems and be you on your way. But insurance companies are like any business they out there to make a profit and they will do what they can to keep the collateral damage to a minimum.

MongosG8
02-26-2014, 08:11 PM
Yeah I agree with others .. Insurance companies are like legal mafia.. they do what they want and charge you an arm and a leg for premiums.
My mother was an agent for over 40 years and she always said they will screw you if they have an opportunity. No way you g8 is going to cost less than 10k.. I feel its over 15k and should be considered a total loss. Just my opinion from what I have seen over the last few years with others

I would try and ask Tony Karter for his input.. he is very knowledgeable and will be straight up front with you on some advice.

TonyKarter
03-02-2014, 07:05 PM
Sorry guys! Been in a tent for a week fishing. Done PM'd. ALWAYS have it towed where you have custody of the car...if it is not impounded by the cops as evidence. You own it, you keep control of it until the very end.

ccm383
03-04-2014, 03:19 PM
Got the new estimate from our OWN body shop finally. $23,500 for all the damages.. Pretty far off from the insurance companies $9k estimate you think? Geeze, and I thought I had a feeling they were going to try and fuck me on this. They called my wife today and offered us $21,000 to settle. That's not taking into account the brand new pilot super sports all around and my axlebacks. Think I will counter offer alreast $25k back when i call him myself tomorrow and see what happens from there.

On a side note, we just got a '13 silver zl1 auto with 22k miles in on a trade from an older lady. She said it scared her too much one day so she brought it in lol. We gave her about $42k for it and after it gets a new set of tires and 500 employee fee, the price for us out the door would be close to $44k. Which is a pretty good deal even if I didn't keep it long. Maybe just get some fun out of it and resell maybe when I find the right gxp for me. Again, what do you guys think?

I wouldn't have even really considered it until I took it for a test drive. but I fell in love with it the moment I went through a hard corner and put my foot down . Here's a small pic to see what y'all think. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/05/5yjesy6y.jpg

TonyKarter
03-04-2014, 05:15 PM
CCM, see my PM's to you. Those strategies usually work.

TonyKarter
03-04-2014, 05:19 PM
Please send me a buyer's order signed by the sales manager for $44,000 and I'll be there tomorrow to buy the ZL1. PM me.

ccm383
03-25-2014, 11:46 AM
Finally made a settlement. Insurance is wanting $5700 for what's left of the car so we're making a decision if we want it back for parts or not now. Im just not sure if I can swing the whole down payment on the gxp without recouping my money from buying my car back first.

But I'm sure it wouldn't take too long to make a lot of the money back with your guys help.